Looking for a new Summer Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
    However, I did pick up the Tailored Textured Cotton which is partially lined, and I really love it. Great knit looking texture and feels very well constructed. Not deep navy but not medium blue like the J Crew Italian Cotton (which I also saw in person- was not really impressed). Rich and vibrant navy. http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=186110002

Thanks for the heads-up on this one!

I stopped by a nearby BR today and picked up the Tailored Textured blazer - 40R was prefect OTR. It was 50% off but seemingly from a separate promotion than the one that ends tonight. Great color, great fabric.

Like you, though, I wouldn't have ever bought it from BR's photos - they really need to work on their photography.

Comment

Not sure if anyone saw the tailored fit BR blazer go down to $79.99 tonight. Just picked mine up, hope it fits well if not I'll have to do some in store exchanging for a better size.

Comment

Interesting. Any of you guys have to size up on this? Have always found my "normal" size (in J crew/jcf usually) to be too small in the chest and shoulders in BR tailored line. May try sizing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Aperez008 View Post
          Not sure if anyone saw the tailored fit BR blazer go down to $79.99 tonight. Just picked mine up, hope it fits well if not I'll have to do some in store exchanging for a better size.
          It's a pretty good tailored fit on me. I am not slim or scrawny by any means (a hair under 6ft, 195lbs, 33/32 pants and 16" 34/35 in shirts).

The sleeves could maybe be ever so slightly shorter- but I'm talking a quarter of an inch tops. For me, that's nitpicking on a great blazer. I'm ticked off to see it drop another $35 and I just popped the tags off today! Hopefully someone buys it at the same store in the next couple of days and I can get the difference in Embark credit...

I'm wearing the blazer today, so I'll try to snap a couple of pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
            Interesting. Any of you guys have to size up on this? Have always found my "normal" size (in J crew/jcf usually) to be too small in the chest and shoulders in BR tailored line. May try sizing up.
            I'm a 40R in Thompson and this feels slimmer than the Thompson. Not necessarily bad, but any slimmer and I would have had to size up as well. It has a good cut in the waist and the shoulders fit. The 42R may be a bit longer in the sleeves keep in mind.

Comment

I would have to do sleeves regardless. Decisions decisions

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
                I'm a 40R in Thompson and this feels slimmer than the Thompson. Not necessarily bad, but any slimmer and I would have had to size up as well. It has a good cut in the waist and the shoulders fit. The 42R may be a bit longer in the sleeves keep in mind.
                Appreciate the reply. I always go 38s on Thompson and Ludlow but 38s on BR tailored just don't cut it in shoulders and chest. Never tried sizing up but I think I will spin it and if bad fit just take back.

For reference 5'7'' 150 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                X