Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received this from JCrew:

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...4827/C4827.jsp

I was hoping the pindot would be more subtle, like it appears in the pictures. But it is very not subtle. At all. It's going back. But on the plus side, I find Crosby in 40S to be better fitting than Ludlow in 40S. It is a little bigger in all the right places.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
      Just received this from JCrew:

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...4827/C4827.jsp

I was hoping the pindot would be more subtle, like it appears in the pictures. But it is very not subtle. At all. It's going back. But on the plus side, I find Crosby in 40S to be better fitting than Ludlow in 40S. It is a little bigger in all the right places.
      Yeah, I was worried that that coat would be pretty unsubtle. Thanks for taking the plunge and reporting on it. I can take it off my list now.

Comment

Received e mail that my club blazer sold out three dayt after I ordered it. Not happy. Is this common?

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
          Received e mail that my club blazer sold out three dayt after I ordered it. Not happy. Is this common?
          I've never had that happen, fortunately. I received my club blazer three days after I ordered, which surprised me. I don't really like it, which also surprised me. It's much more structured than any other Ludlow I've worn, which makes it look too big for me. And with all the lining, it feels surprisingly hot and heavy. So, it's going back.

Comment

Well that makes me feel slightly better

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
              Well that makes me feel slightly better
              If it makes you feel even slightlier better, I ordered it in 40S and 41R. Was considering doing a fit check with both, to see which one I'd keep, but I won't even bother anymore. I don't like either one. Sending them both back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kroaker View Post
                Yeah, I was worried that that coat would be pretty unsubtle. Thanks for taking the plunge and reporting on it. I can take it off my list now.
                I'm pretty disappointed with that one. Hoping this one will be worth it though. It was on backorder. If it's not, then JCrew would be 0/3 in my last sportcoat/blazer purchases.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/N...9OfGD1DcI6cDPQ
                Last edited by devastitis; May 21, 2015, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Well. I guess I am feeling better now

Comment

[MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION] thanks for the this. Was wondering what the jacket would be like. Now I know.

Comment

[MENTION=9190]Pepetito[/MENTION] [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION]: Posted pics here http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...040#post210040

Comment

I got my club blazer in 41R. I usually wear a 40R, but I think I will keep the 41. It will need a slight waist suppression but only about an inch. The shoulders fit and the sleeves will need some adjusting, but I've resigned that all OTR blazers are gonna need sleeves shortened.

I really love the feel of the wool, feels soft and silky. The color is a true deep navy, not close to being called blue.

I will also be looking into changing out the brass buttons for a warm brown, which I think will really make this work with anything from jeans to dress pants.

Comment

[MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION], glad to here you like it. From this thread I was beginning to think I was the only one who would keep it. Going to be browsing eBay for some lighter brown buttons...

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
                            I got my club blazer in 41R. I usually wear a 40R, but I think I will keep the 41. It will need a slight waist suppression but only about an inch. The shoulders fit and the sleeves will need some adjusting, but I've resigned that all OTR blazers are gonna need sleeves shortened.

I really love the feel of the wool, feels soft and silky. The color is a true deep navy, not close to being called blue.

I will also be looking into changing out the brass buttons for a warm brown, which I think will really make this work with anything from jeans to dress pants.
                            I just got my Ludlow wool club blazer and It was love first site. I was in the believe that gold buttons are for old people but not any more. I wore it with jeans some how it has a classy feel to it. I plan to used for causal events like dates or going somewhere nice. Also the model in j crew wearing the club blazer is very young and wearing it with jeans. I do have like 4 other types of navy blue sport coats and so I needed a true club blazer in my collection, no sense to removed the gold buttons

Comment

Working...
                            X