Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Slim Fit Pants for Work?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Slim Fit Pants for Work?

    Hey guys,

    New to the forums but I've been an avid reader for 1-2 years now. This question has probably been answered but didn't really know how to search for the topic.

    I'm currently about to start my full-time job in an office setting and I was just wondering if any of you guys had recommendations for trousers/pants you guys wear to work everyday. I'm fairly skinny (5'8"/140lbs) so most of my suiting is from J. Crew and I still tailor the pants. I was just wondering if anyone had any other specific brands or pants that are comfortable & affordable that you wear during your work weeks.

    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by waw121; May 13, 2015, 07:36 AM.

  • #2
    I haven't found a pair that fits perfect off the rack yet. Are you wearing chinos or slacks?

    Comment


    • #3
      Slacks. I've definitely never found a pair that fits perfectly either - especially since I'm skinny in my legs (calves to ankles) so I always need to get that tapered in a bit.

      Comment


      • #4
        BR Modern Slim Fit pants are quite slim and affordable. Also Express would probably have something that is what you are looking for. They have some very slim stuff.

        Comment


        • #5
          Gap tailored fit slacks. Honestly, the best pair of slim fitting work pants I've owned. I'm 6' 170lbs, and the fit is great. They don't look really slim on the model, but they are pretty slim. Slimmer than the BR modern. Also, JCrew Factory "Drigg" model pants are slim. Like, super slim. I tried on a pair of 32x32 in the Driggs and they were damn near skinny jeans.

          Comment


          • #6
            I see, I'll definitely look into those. Right now, I've been wearing a pair of JCrew Bowery Slim pants and they're pretty good - still had to get them tailored but they're comfortable. Just trying to see if there are some cheaper pair of pants out there (so when I add tailoring to them it's not incredibly expensive) or possibly pants that might just actually fit my build *fingers crossed*

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by zcm View Post
              BR Modern Slim Fit pants are quite slim and affordable. Also Express would probably have something that is what you are looking for. They have some very slim stuff.
              I'll second the BR Modern Slim non-iron pants (slacks). I just picked up a pair, then went back for two more colors. I wanted to give my chinos an occasional break and these are almost prefect.

              They're 100% cotton, the non-iron is legit, and they fit really well - more true to size than their Aiden chinos.

              Comment


              • #8
                J. Crew Bowery Slim are slim but still office appropriate. I personally wouldn't go slimmer for work.

                When you say you still tailor the pants do you mean you are still tapering the Ludlow Slim pants?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jeff P. View Post
                  Gap tailored fit slacks. Honestly, the best pair of slim fitting work pants I've owned. I'm 6' 170lbs, and the fit is great. They don't look really slim on the model, but they are pretty slim. Slimmer than the BR modern. Also, JCrew Factory "Drigg" model pants are slim. Like, super slim. I tried on a pair of 32x32 in the Driggs and they were damn near skinny jeans.
                  Haven't the tailored slim chinos been discontinued? I've worn them almost exclusively for the last two years, but when I tried to buy more a couple of weeks ago there were only a couple of colors available, and none in my size. Very disappointing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
                    Haven't the tailored slim chinos been discontinued? I've worn them almost exclusively for the last two years, but when I tried to buy more a couple of weeks ago there were only a couple of colors available, and none in my size. Very disappointing.
                    I'm not sure if the chinos have been discontinued? I have three pair of them in the dressier line. Two in a lightweight cotton khaki, and one pair of charcoal wool. I'll wear the wool ones for work, and wear the cotton khaki during the spring and summer for work and weekends. They look great dressed up or down. I wear them a lot with tennis shoes and t shirts.

                    Also try the JCrew Urban slim. Those may be at the top of your budget, but JCrew does run sales, and there's always eBay.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If you like the JCrew Bowery Slim try the Banana Republic Kentfield Slim pants. They're a tad slimmer than the Bowery Slims but nothing drastic. I found the Kentfield in 31x30 fit almost the same as the Bowery Slim in 30x30 everywhere except the waist. But even that was almost negligible. If you went for your same size as the Bowery you'll get an ever so slightly slimmer pant in the Kentfield. Not to mention they're always on sale so you can get them for around $35 - $45. Right now they're $42 with today's promotion.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mistabutters View Post
                        J. Crew Bowery Slim are slim but still office appropriate. I personally wouldn't go slimmer for work.

                        When you say you still tailor the pants do you mean you are still tapering the Ludlow Slim pants?
                        Yeah. I think the Bowery Slims are a pretty good fit for me - slim fit through my waist and thighs but I taper and hem them (mostly cause the only size I can get is 29/32) so I show a little sock with my shoes. What I do with my Bowery Slims is exactly the same as I do with the Ludlow Slim pants.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Dockers signature D1 with tapered legs are perfect for slim legs and as well as the slim non iron slacks from BR. I got 2 endurance dress pants from CG far way from slim.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Love how my Bonobos chinos fit.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Try Spier & Mackay's slim fit trousers... remember their prices are in CAD not USD.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X