• Show
Clear All

• Alex.C
    replied
    Originally posted by usher93
    I am planning to buy these

https://footranger.com/hi-tec-men-ba...king-boot.html

I have made up my mind but I think I should be open to suggestions
    I know this is a fair bit out of that range, but the Danner 600 is an excellent hiking boot, looks decent for travel and my wife and I are on our same pair each since 2016 if memory serves.

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    Originally posted by usher93
    I am planning to buy these

https://footranger.com/hi-tec-men-ba...king-boot.html

I have made up my mind but I think I should be open to suggestions
    Those look like great technical boots. If you want something with great construction, but more restrained (also a little more expensive), check these out:
    https://huckberry.com/store/rhodes/c...-dolomite-boot

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied

Got a pair of wholecut oxfords in the mail today from Dehli. I saw them online, they're Blake stitched, the leather is nice, they're comfortable, and for $150 (after first purchase discount), I don't care that the brand name is "3DM Lifestyle." They have some other nice looking shoes, too, all Blake stitched.

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied

Trask shoes is going out of business. Got a pair of Horween Chromexcel sheepskin loafers that were $200, marked down to less than $50 at Nordstrom Rack. Other shoes with various markdowns at other retailers and discounters, Google shopping search won't disappoint.

https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/tras...er-men/5660896

Leave a comment:

• garryowen47
    replied
    Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
    So I just got that J. Crew gingham shirt in light grey for $3.74 after tax and free shipping. What a world.

I mean, I'm certainly not complaining (I considered buying the same shirt last month at $30), but I think it would have made more financial sense for J. Crew to just give it to someone who happened to be walking by the warehouse.
    I picked up this tweed blazer for $13. 100% wool tweed from Abraham Moon. It was sold out and not listed among the sale items but I only caught it because it was saved on my wishlist and when I went to purchase another item it allowed me to place it in my cart for check out. I was convinced that it was a mistake and that J.Crew would cancel the order but lo and behold, it arrived today. I feel like I just got away with robbery.
    Shop JCrew.com for the Highest Quality Women's and Men's Clothing and see the entire selection of Children's Clothing, Cashmere Sweaters, Women's Dresses and Shoes, Men's Suits, Jackets, Accessories and more.

Leave a comment:

• facelessghost
    replied
    So I just got that J. Crew gingham shirt in light grey for $3.74 after tax and free shipping. What a world.

I mean, I'm certainly not complaining (I considered buying the same shirt last month at $30), but I think it would have made more financial sense for J. Crew to just give it to someone who happened to be walking by the warehouse.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Charles
    replied
    Welp... I'm returning the jacket. I wore it out and the sleeves just drive me nuts. They are too long and barely tight enough not to eat my hands. I'm also not thrilled with the color. On the TS side, it's a nice deep rich brown with some burgundy tinting. In person, it leans tan. I could size back down, but I don't know if I can expect a half-size of stretching as it breaks in, and of course if it doesn't, I can't return it. This is been a frustrating experience partly due to the delayed exchange, partly due to the color, but mostly due to the fit, which I can't blame TS for. I'm not an average build.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Charles
    replied
    At long last, my Taylor Stitch Moto Jacket exchange showed up. I had ordered an XL initially, but found it very tight across the chest, and my shoulders pulled the sleeve articulation out with my arms at my sides. I started an exchange for an XXL. I was annoyed to discover that they didn't actually make enough extra jackets to account for the exchange, and I had to wait until batch 2 was completed. Anyway, the new XXL showed up today. I'm 5'10 and 235lbs. I lift weights, so larger shoulders, arms, butt and thighs than the average dude. The XXL fits much better across the chest and shoulders. The sleeves are about 2" longer than I'd like and the cuffs could be slightly more snug. Basically if I could take the sleeves off of an XL and attach them to the XXL trunk, I'd have the perfect fit. Alterations are possible, so maybe I'll try to have something done with the arms. Maybe. They are tolerable and alteration is a risk.

The leather is very nice. Construction seems solid. This thing has some weight. It's quite warm. The color is "Espresso" but it's lighter in person than on the TS website. I haven't cut the tags off yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to.

Anyway, here are some fit pics:

Leave a comment:

• TheJasonaissance
    replied
    I needed a new pair of jeans, so I ordered a pair of the BR Organic jeans with that sweet 50% off sale. I've never owned or tried BR jeans before (I've been a loyalist to JCrew for a while now), but I decided against the traveler bc I didn't want gobs of stretch in them. Anyone tried the organic jeans in the past? Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    MTM in Bamboo. Astonishingly soft hand to it. Feels like cashmere.

IMG_20210227_110018_999 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

And of course MTM isn't fun with just a boring plain lining.

IMG_20210227_111633_920 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• mark4
    replied
    Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
    Last week I picked up a complete Ludlow in charcoal American Woolen Mills wool for $120, and today I picked up the slim fit legacy blazer for $70. It feels like I got away with something, given that my favorite suit is the old J. Crew Factory Thompson, which seemed like a deal at $200 when I bought it.

The new 3" lapels are a nice bonus.
    I really like J Crew suits. They suit my frame better than SS and can be had for pretty nice prices for the fabric and build quality when on sale. I have not tried S&M yet as I am pretty well set on suits but I did pick up an unstructured (I will not say unconstructed - to me that means it comes in pieced and you have to sew it together yourself!) Moon Mills wool-cotton herringbone sport coat and the dark green colorway of the velvet dinner jacket they carry every holiday season. Bought both right after Christmas on steep discount. The velvet dinner jacket was $35 and the sport coat was a splurge at $42! Kinda feel like I ripped them off but that's what they were charging so that's what I paid.

The sport coat will get a lot of use when things return to normal - it's a great lighter weight leaning into fall tweed looking jacket that I can wear earlier in the season here in the DC area than my "real" tweed jackets. It doesn't get cold enough for the real tweed until sometime in November here. The velvet jacket will look good with tux pants or dress trousers for Black Tie festive events or just because I feel like it. Probably won't get that much use - maybe 1-4 times a year - but for $35 it doesn't have to.

Leave a comment:

• facelessghost
    replied
    Last week I picked up a complete Ludlow in charcoal American Woolen Mills wool for $120, and today I picked up the slim fit legacy blazer for $70. It feels like I got away with something, given that my favorite suit is the old J. Crew Factory Thompson, which seemed like a deal at $200 when I bought it.

The new 3" lapels are a nice bonus.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewrg View Post

In some ways, the ascot is the perfect neckware for wearing a suit at home nowadays!
    Not sure, I don't wear a suit at home. I dress well when we're out and about of course, and if i'm traveling for work (the uniform and a clean shave isn't always ideal depending upon the destination/task at hand )

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    I grabbed a double-tipped ascot from John Henric (nothing special, but 100% silk and a nice pattern to it that isn't too loud).
    In some ways, the ascot is the perfect neckware for wearing a suit at home nowadays!

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Spier's been having several sales lately, and then Alton Lane came in sideways with FIVE stacked discounts for me not too long ago. I'm gonna be new suit goofin . And just to really make sure I'm peacocking properly, I grabbed a double-tipped ascot from John Henric (nothing special, but 100% silk and a nice pattern to it that isn't too loud).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X