X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kongmw
    replied
    Cross-posting from the watch thread, The Armoury x Anordain Model 1. Note to self, never 'import' a watch into the US again.

Leave a comment:

• saira1
    replied
    jason - these are classic looking bags.

Leave a comment:

• Ito
    replied
    Those are both sick looking!

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    The last of my recent shoe purchases came today:
    H.S. Trask "Aaron" sneakers in navy suede, with Guarded Goods flat waxed laces in "sapphire" I swapped in.

Really well made using think, soft C.F. Stead suede and fully leather lined with sidewall stitched sole. Came with your standard 8mm navy laces, but swapped them out for a pair of flat waxed laces. A couple shades lighter than the shoe, but I love the neater look the narrower 6mm laces give and don't mind the slight contrast.

Also, here's the above Frye sneakers with brown waxed laces swapped in.
    Last edited by Nandyn; April 14, 2020, 11:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    FedEx Easter bunny delivered the Sneaker version several days early!! (Please excuse the lizard legs).

Here they are next to the slip on version from above:

Looks kinda like a football with the cream laces. I've got some brown waxed laces from Guarded Goods on the way (my go to for all my laces).
    Last edited by Nandyn; April 12, 2020, 11:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    Just got these new Italian made Frye slip on sneakers.

Really nice, thick full grain leather, leather lining and removable leather lined insole plus dust bag. Sidewall/channel stitched to a Margom sole. Not too shabby for only $44 shipped. Definitely a keeper and I've already got the lace up version on the way.
    Last edited by Nandyn; April 9, 2020, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Token
    replied

Shopthefold had a great sale on vibergs, picked up a pair in tan dublin

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied
    Thanks guys. I was kinda on the fence, but BR is decent quality at this price point (~ $70) I think, and as I said been meaning to branch out beyond brown shoes (although I guess it's a moot point while we're all stuck indoors).

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    A good looking shoe.

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
    Picked these up during the last BR sale - my only pair of black shoes are cap-toe oxfords, which are a little on the conservative side, so I was looking for something more casual for everyday office wear. What do you guys think? Mainly looking to wear these with slacks + sports coat, etc.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    I think those shoes look pretty good. Makes me wish I had picked up a pair - in brown - too.

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied
    Picked these up during the last BR sale - my only pair of black shoes are cap-toe oxfords, which are a little on the conservative side, so I was looking for something more casual for everyday office wear. What do you guys think? Mainly looking to wear these with slacks + sports coat, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Banks
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    As winter drags on I've been fantasizing about a nice pair of loafers (or maybe, just an opportunity to wear a nice pair of loafers) and kind of accidentally ordered a few pairs of Peal & Co/Brooks Bros loafers to try out. Oops.
    I'm curious how these turned out. Did you end up keeping any?

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    As winter drags on I've been fantasizing about a nice pair of loafers (or maybe, just an opportunity to wear a nice pair of loafers) and kind of accidentally ordered a few pairs of Peal & Co/Brooks Bros loafers to try out. Oops.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied

20200212_174344 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• JohnR
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    Definitely give it a few minutes to breathe a little bit and get the boozy side out. There are some spicy notes at first, but they're really well balanced by the sweeter side. I'd say it reminds me of Elijah Craig with more complexity.

Well I figured I'd work my way up to it, next up is paskettio's (with meatballs of course).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X