Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Levi's 514s came in today too. They're just a bit looser than I'd like so they're probably going back. I was thinking of washing it in warm and then sticking it in the dryer but I don't think that would shrink it enough to make a difference.

Comment

Just picked up the JCF Thompson gray wool - not sure if 40% is deal on it but it seemed like a good price to me. The JCF in-store has 50% for the weekend ...

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
        Just picked up the JCF Thompson gray wool - not sure if 40% is deal on it but it seemed like a good price to me. The JCF in-store has 50% for the weekend ...
        It was a good deal. I have both the grey and navy Thompsons and that was right around the lowest I'd seen them.

Comment

@Vicious- Wow, I'm surprised they were too loose, now I think my 501s will certainly have to go back since I thought the 514s would be too tight.

Comment

@Vicious- Wow, I'm surprised they were too loose, now I think my 501s will certainly have to go back since I thought the 514s would be too tight.
            They're a little roomier than the jeans I picked up from BR Factory and JCrew Factory. I always pick up straight fit since anything 'slim' won't fit me, but these have just a little bit more than I'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              They're a little roomier than the jeans I picked up from BR Factory and JCrew Factory. I always pick up straight fit since anything 'slim' won't fit me, but these have just a little bit more than I'd like.
              It sure seems like they've changed the fit on the 514s. IIRC, they *have* changed how they're labeling them: used to be slim/straight, now just straight - right? or something?

If I'm right, I think it's due to the introduction of the 'tweener fits/models: 508, 513, etc.

I tried on some 513s yesterday at Nord Rack and they fit me much slimmer than 514s *presently* do. But I could swear the 514 fit me tighter a year+ back. Of course I have dropped a few lbs, but still - different, or so it seems.

Just thinking, Vicious, that you might want to try some 513s next time. They at least have a tighter leg (taper) - nothing crazy, but just a bit closer. The 514 leg and 501 can be a little wide for some folks.

My biggest issue is in the "buttoxular" region. Yeah, I said it. I need to hit the squats and/or lunges or something. Man! Too much bagginess with most jeans there for me. The Bonobos slim/straights that I recently grabbed fit me the best there, but they may stretch out some there as I break them in, and I could be right *back* in the spot.

Ever try 513s? Not sure on the 508 fit difference - seems like I tried some 508 chino/5-pocket-type of pants recently, but with all of the numbering, I'm getting myself confused. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post

My biggest issue is in the "buttoxular" region. Yeah, I said it. I need to hit the squats and/or lunges or something. Man! Too much bagginess with most jeans there for me. The Bonobos slim/straights that I recently grabbed fit me the best there, but they may stretch out some there as I break them in, and I could be right *back* in the spot.
                That's a problem for me the other way. I have a normal one (not flat but nothing huge) and a lot of the slim pants will either fit tight there or in the crotch region. That's why I had to send back all the Bonobos Travel Jeans - they were too tight in the crotch perhaps due to pulling in the back. These 514's fit me perfectly there but are a bit loose in the legs. I'm afraid of going down to 513's since they'll probably be too tight in the butt/crotch to feel comfortable.

Comment

New budget dress chrono:

http://imgur.com/a/oZyEs#0

It is a Seiko SSB043 with leather straps (comes with gold/steel two-tone bracelet, but I wanted this as a dress watch so I changed it).

Here it is on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SSB043-S...pd_sbs_watch_1
                  Cheaper if you decide to bid on one on eBay.

Comment

Just ordered a custom tobacco suede belt from Equus Leather:
                    http://www.equusleather.co.uk/index....ypage.tpl.html
                    Use code fd12% to save 12%.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      That's a problem for me the other way. I have a normal one (not flat but nothing huge) and a lot of the slim pants will either fit tight there or in the crotch region. That's why I had to send back all the Bonobos Travel Jeans - they were too tight in the crotch perhaps due to pulling in the back. These 514's fit me perfectly there but are a bit loose in the legs. I'm afraid of going down to 513's since they'll probably be too tight in the butt/crotch to feel comfortable.
                      Maybe check out these links below, Vicious. It's sounding like the 513 *might* be what you want, then.

Levi's Fit Guide (scrolling) examples and descriptions:
                      http://us.levi.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=12402008

513 vs 514 discussion here on on threads:
                      http://threads.dappered.com/showthread.php/6290-Levi's-513-vs-514-Round-1-FIGHT!

Oh, and yeah... *all* pants fit me tight in the crotch, too. What can I say? LOL - Kidding... well, sorta. Certainly, some are perfectly fine - but others are ridiculous. The other day, trying on a bunch of jeans and chinos at Nordy Rack, there were a few pair that made me feel like I was in the photo-shoot for the Stones' *Sticky Fingers* album cover. Yikes!!!

Comment

The new question I have- which is more versatile- the lighter "Charcoal" or the darker "Heather gray"? The Charcoal looks much lighter on-line than the Heather so I'm inclined to think the heather gray is considered to be the "dark gray suit" that every man should have if he doesn't have a navy suit. I got both thinking I can return one.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeejet View Post
                          New budget dress chrono:

http://imgur.com/a/oZyEs#0

It is a Seiko SSB043 with leather straps (comes with gold/steel two-tone bracelet, but I wanted this as a dress watch so I changed it).

Here it is on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SSB043-S...pd_sbs_watch_1
                          Cheaper if you decide to bid on one on eBay.
                          Like that watch a lot. Is that a custom leather band or the one it comes with?

Comment

I bought the leather band separately. The watch comes with the matching two-tone gold/steel bracelet shown on the Amazon page.

The strap I bought for the watch: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                            Single steel-tone version here: http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Mens-SSB...pd_sbs_watch_1

Comment

Nordy Rack took my money again last night; and I couldn't be happier about it.

Two slots filled in my (very) recent attempt at the "buy quality" for a "lean(er) wardrobe" undertaking - (still in it's infancy for me, but these are the kinds of purchases I want to make going forward, in that hopeful endeavor).

RW Beckman Chukka: I've had either the (regular boot) Beckman, the Wolverine 1K boot, or a similar Chippewa model in mind for my future "nice work boot" slot. This one nearly jumped off the shelf into my arms, and quickly under my arm as I headed straight to the registers. $102? Uhmmmm... Sure!

AE Vernon: *Just* different enough from the typical black plain-toe or cap-toe for my tastes. Fit is really good on my funky-flat feet too. 8-108 last is similar to the 2-222 last, which works for me (as in my Madison Aves). $160 - not the best deal ever probably, but I think it's pretty solid. Solid enough that I tucked them under my other arm and quickly surrendered my dough.

Nordy Rack: I love you; even more than my wallet hates you.

Comment

Nice! I like 'em both.

Comment

Working...
                                X