Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

franklin, thanks for sharing. Sounds like that's just what I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
      I braved the jimmy choo sample sale yesterday, and there's no male experience similar to these girls pouring over heels at 90% off. I bought a couple of pairs of heels for the gf. However, several others there were pushing 3' cube cardboard boxes around filled to the brim. Easily at least 20 pairs of shoes. The level of consumerism there was in another dimension that I am still grasping to comprehend lol
      LOL! Was that at Soiffer Haskin or that spot in Chelsea near Bed, Bath & Beyond?

Comment

the latter, in chelsea. it was a pretty good sale; got ~$2k worth of stuff for 250. guys sales are almost never that good :\

Comment

The wife and I went on an impromptu outlet shopping trip yesterday. I didn't expect to find much, but I snagged this completely unstructured, barely lined navy cotton blazer from Brooks Brothers for $100. I'd bee hunting for something like this for a while. It's a little less structured than some of the J Crew jackets I was looking at.

I also grabbed a couple polos. The first is from BR for $10 It doesn't quite come through in the picture, but the base color is cream, not white.

This is from Penguin in their Heritage Slim Fit for $25. This is the shortest, slimmest polo I've been able to find. Perhaps it's a new favorite in the making.

I like how both of them have a retro feel to them.

Comment

Won these. Allen Edmonds for Ralph Lauren: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ralph-lauren...vip=true&rt=nc Been wanting a pair of loafers and while they're not in burgundy/merlot, they're pretty much perfect otherwise, especially for the price (it's what I was thinking of paying for LE or Florsheim loafers). Really excited!

Comment

Hey Guys,

My frist post on this great forum. These are my latest buys....

I needed (read want) a new weekend bag. I picked this up from a US company called Frost River. Im sure I could have found a similar bag in Europe but I just liked the look of this. This is their Gladstone bag.

I also bought these Chuckka's the other day. They should be arriving in the next day or so. They are Herring Gosforth

Comment

Originally posted by mitch buchannon View Post
                Hey Guys,

My frist post on this great forum. These are my latest buys....

I needed (read want) a new weekend bag. I picked this up from a US company called Frost River. Im sure I could have found a similar bag in Europe but I just liked the look of this. This is their Gladstone bag.

I also bought these Chuckka's the other day. They should be arriving in the next day or so. They are Herring Gosforth
                Excellent! I look forward to seeing in-person pictures of the Herrings. Frost River bags are well-reviewed and recommended!

Comment

@Mitch: Welcome welcome! I can tell you have great tastes already!

Comment

A JCP haul from yesterday...bargains galore.

Got the navy polka dot shirt and a blue oxford, $25 each. Plus they had these random dark rinse, straight fit izod jeans for only $11 on clearance. The jeans were a surprisingly awesome find. I bought two pair for some knockarounds. The quality seemed good and they'll need a little tailoring but I'd have to do that anyway. Total out the door with a $15 stackable coupon was $60. Pretty stoked.
                    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

New pair of AO pilot, 52mm in gold. I got a pair for Christmas and lost them. They are my favorite sunglasses.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                        Excellent! I look forward to seeing in-person pictures of the Herrings. Frost River bags are well-reviewed and recommended!
                        The Frost Rivber bag has been dispatched. It will probably take over a week to get to me in Ireland. I just have to hope it doesnt get caught by customs.

My Herring Chukka's arrived yesterday evening. I havent got to try them on as I was heading out to work. I'll try and post pictures when I get a chance.

Comment

@mitch- the chukkas look good- I've been looking for a better leather chukka look as well. Thanks for tip!

Comment

@ Teej- I've been debating on the gold 52mm as well - since I already have several other pairs and styles it's hard to justify the necessity of them but the gold frames and retro style makes them an accessory that polishes particular looks a little better. Plus at the low price, it's a lot easier to swallow the expense!

Comment

I just picked up my first pair of J Crew Factory Bedford pants. I must say that the fit is quite nice. I might have found a close second to Bonobos pants, but at a fraction of the cost

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                I just picked up my first pair of J Crew Factory Bedford pants. I must say that the fit is quite nice. I might have found a close second to Bonobos pants, but at a fraction of the cost
                                Noted! I may have to check them out.

Comment

Working...
                                X