This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
    You can pretty much return anything and get store credit from them.
    Very interesting...I've done a bit of spending at JCP in the past few months and have picked up a couple of things that I'm on the fence about. A couple of the newer Stafford ties (which are coming in a both slimmer and wider versions), one of the gingham Stafford dress shirts (my wife called my side of the closet "gingham heavy", time to start adding some contrast maybe...), a couple pairs of the Modern Khaki's from Dockers (shedding a bit of winter weight, these are beginning to fall off my hips), and one of the new Slim Fit Stafford Hopsack Blazers in Charcoal (impulse buy, I really wanted the Navy which they didn't have in my size).

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why not sell the remaining balance on the card via ebay or something?

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
      Lost some weight recently and my dress shirts no longer fit.
      All of the dress shirts I have are from JCP (Sorry guys, severely limited income here). I figured I'd just give them away, but I started looking at their return policy. You can pretty much return anything and get store credit from them.

Long story short, the guy rang my return up and told me I had a balance of over $400. I was floored, thought I'd maybe get 100 or so for them.
      So I started looking around and I found some deals, I got to the register and the items were even lower than the signage said.

Got an Izod white slim fit dress shirt for $8. JCP Polo for $10. Picked up a few other items. Only spent $115.

Decided to check out online. (Which btw if you can, try to go in the store and see if they have it. Noticed that same polo I bought for $10, was $11.99 online)
      Picked up a few more polos and dress shirts.

After in store and online, I spent about $275. 10 button downs, 3 polos, a pair of sunglasses, and two packs of v neck undershirts.
      Still have about $150 left on the card.

Was thinking about getting a suit just for the hell of it.
      Any suggestions?

Comment

A break from the typical Dappered fare, I got a pair of J's over the weekend. I've wanted these since high school, so was very happy to be able to get a pair.

There was a Style Blogger article appropriately called "Old Habits Die Hard - Grown Man J's" with some creative ways to rock sneakers. Not the most sensible thing I've bought in a while, but it's always fun to integrate nostalgia into your outfit.
        Last edited by RiveDroit; May 6, 2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Rive nice Grapes!

I picked up 3 Charles Tyrwhitt shirts off of the 29.95 deal, figured thats within the range I've paid for lower quality shirts in the past and these should last me a while....I'll probably end up getting a few more once they have another sale or when I start my job

Comment

Just ordered these ASOS loafers

Comment

Just picked this tie up from LastCall for $23. I figure it's a good spring tie I can wear with a white shirt and blue blazer.

Comment

Originally posted by RiveDroit View Post
                A break from the typical Dappered fare, I got a pair of J's over the weekend. I've wanted these since high school, so was very happy to be able to get a pair.

There was a Style Blogger article appropriately called "Old Habits Die Hard - Grown Man J's" with some creative ways to rock sneakers. Not the most sensible thing I've bought in a while, but it's always fun to integrate nostalgia into your outfit.

I will forever ever love all 5-14's for as long as I live no matter how well dressed I am. I saw these and thought of the pair i gave away. sorely missed.

Im not madd at the style bloggers styles, cept maybe the first look with the 11's. The rest look good. I really liked the 6's with camo.
                Last edited by MaxMan; May 8, 2013, 10:47 AM.
                "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                I>0<I

Comment

Since my birthday is in May I went a bit crazy.

1. Criquet Players Polo in Augusta green

2. A few items from the Brooks Brothers F&F family sale

3. Gustin Jeans in their Dark Rinse - Ordered while the were on Kickstarter. I hope to get them this month.

Comment

Got this watch from my wife as a third anniversary present. She knew I want this similar Rolex someday...this watch is beautiful.

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SSC019-S...o+Solar+SSC019

Also got these for $65 from a NYC thrift shop. Best find ever! Shell Cordovan Graysons worn maybe once or twice by the looks of it.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

Comment

@NYC Nice Seiko! I've always admired the Pepsi (and Coke) GMT II's. I want to say 2010 was the last year for those? If so, look for demand to go up.
                      @Maxman The 3,4 (cements all the way) and 11 are my favorites. Tinker Hatfield's work should be in museums one day.

Comment

All kinds of goodies in the back door today.

First there's those bucks from Land's End in tan. Then I snagged $28 clearance Levi's of twill and the 501 STF from JCP in Dark Grey (my first pair of "raw" denim, already did my first soak). Add in some Chippewa GQ's under $90 from Amazon and that Timex I talked about recently.

Was a good day.

Comment

Bought three pairs of Elston Chinos from Lands End Canvas. Went up a size in the waist. I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase. I did use the 40% off code for my order. They came out to $38.40 a pop.

Comment

Originally posted by ncfranklin View Post
                            Add in some Chippewa GQ's under $90 from Amazon and that Timex I talked about recently.
                            I know you just picked them up but what are your first impressions on the Chippewas? Do they look/feel like they'll live up to expectations? Also, how's the sizing on them?

Comment

Originally posted by kai View Post
                              I know you just picked them up but what are your first impressions on the Chippewas? Do they look/feel like they'll live up to expectations? Also, how's the sizing on them?
                              First impressions is that they meet my expecations, which were to be a boot worth beating the hell out of. I wasn't buying a fashion boot to dress up or down, I wanted a shitkicker basically. They're really comfortable out of the box, which surprised me. I'm a between a 9.5C and 9.5D in sizing, so I went down to a 9D and i'm fairly happy. They could be a little narrower for my feet, but it's hardly noticable.

Comment

I braved the jimmy choo sample sale yesterday, and there's no male experience similar to these girls pouring over heels at 90% off. I bought a couple of pairs of heels for the gf. However, several others there were pushing 3' cube cardboard boxes around filled to the brim. Easily at least 20 pairs of shoes. The level of consumerism there was in another dimension that I am still grasping to comprehend lol

Comment

Working...
                                X