Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've stayed away from the Amoks because the reviews all say they squeak. I'd be interested to hear how bad this squeak actually is.

Comment

I've heard/read that too, Vicious. Actually the McAllisters I tried out a couple weeks back were squeaking on me (the right one, at least). That probably would've worked itself out over time, being leather on leather (tongue/upper), but if a suede shoe/boot squeaks, I'd think it would be problematic for sure. Hopefully that is *not* the case for you, bjmcgeever , 'cuz those things look sweet!

Comment

Ashton Grey Oxfords

Picked these up today. I like them because they have a classic look, yet still has a bit of uniqueness to them. My wife however did not share my sentiments and told me they were ugly. What do you think, Dappered community? http://m.dsw.com/shop/collection/sea...oxford/268709/

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
          You sir, suck.

Kidding, of course, bud. You are *the king* of thrift! There is none higher! Sucker MCs should call you Sire!
          lol, nah it's all about luck. Speaking of luck...Custom grade top line Church's today:

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
            You sir, suck.

Kidding, of course, bud. You are *the king* of thrift! There is none higher! Sucker MCs should call you Sire!
            Great Run DMC reference!

Comment

Vintage straight five-pocket pants came in from BR today. The fit is very Levi 501, but with a closer fit in the crotch (I don't know the right terminology, sorry). If you're endowed, this could be a problem. For $25 tho, I wish I had gotten more than two as they're listed for $80 on the site.

Comment

I got my first pair of Allen Edmonds, some black LaSalles from Ebay. They arrived today and I love 'em. Clean and barely used.

Comment

just picked up these things from BR. Charcoal and Navy suit in tailored slim fit and the cotton grey herringbone ...plus these little risky reddish salmony (nantucket red) pants which im not sure i can pull off... HEH

Comment

So after everything was said and done, this is what I ended up with. The McCalisters from their anniversary sale and the Neumoks and Spiaggios from the samples sale. I didn't have any dressy brown wingtips before so I figured the McCalisters can fill that void. The only brown dress shoes I had were the dark brown strands. I love the Neumoks. The Spiaggios I'm a bit iffy on but at that price . . .

I got the colored laces variety pack from AE. I thought the blue would look better than the bright red they came with but now I'm thinking maybe a different color would look better.

Comment

Got a package from J Crew in the mail today. Ended up keeping this belt
                      http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/a...5886/45886.jsp
                      and another secret wash shirt. I absolutely love their slim fit secret wash shirts.

Comment

Just won this 7 fold Cappelli on eBay. I was taking stock/culling ties last weekend and it dawned on me I didn't own a yellow tie. Now I do.

[sorry for the gigantic pic, I'm not sure how to resize over here]

Comment

I got the blue knit polo from BR that Joe had profiled and the tailored slim fit shirt to try out. I had to return the shirt as the cloth was as thin as a 1-ply sheet (a bit of exaggeration but mostly the truth); not to mention the red shade that looked a little subtle online turned out to have quite a bit of sheen to it.

Comment

The gray linen/cotton blazer from BR. Looks a little lighter in person.

Comment

Lost some weight recently and my dress shirts no longer fit.
                              All of the dress shirts I have are from JCP (Sorry guys, severely limited income here). I figured I'd just give them away, but I started looking at their return policy. You can pretty much return anything and get store credit from them.

Long story short, the guy rang my return up and told me I had a balance of over $400. I was floored, thought I'd maybe get 100 or so for them.
                              So I started looking around and I found some deals, I got to the register and the items were even lower than the signage said.

Got an Izod white slim fit dress shirt for $8. JCP Polo for $10. Picked up a few other items. Only spent $115.

Decided to check out online. (Which btw if you can, try to go in the store and see if they have it. Noticed that same polo I bought for $10, was $11.99 online)
                              Picked up a few more polos and dress shirts.

After in store and online, I spent about $275. 10 button downs, 3 polos, a pair of sunglasses, and two packs of v neck undershirts.
                              Still have about $150 left on the card.

Was thinking about getting a suit just for the hell of it.
                              Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                                After in store and online, I spent about $275. 10 button downs, 3 polos, a pair of sunglasses, and two packs of v neck undershirts.
                                Still have about $150 left on the card.

Was thinking about getting a suit just for the hell of it.
                                Any suggestions?
                                Congrats on the weight loss! Check out the Stafford and Claiborne blazers in-store. People on here have been discussing a slim-fit Stafford cotton/linen blend blazer that would be perfect for the weather and will make the trimmed-down-you look even more impressive!

Comment

Working...
                                X