Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I accidentally'd the J.Crew Factory 50% off sale.

3 shirts and 2 pairs of linen blend trousers for $100.
    Ben

Comment

New meermin blutchers

Comment

Still trying to close the chapter on my watch collection - I just picked up a form function form chromexcel strap for my weekender. I've been wanting a leather strap for it for awhile. I also got a couple of the BR French cuffs on their sale. I've been wanting some decent ones and this seemed to fit the bill!

Comment

A simple $5 purchase. Some new laces for the Hales.

http://imgur.com/kXJ8lPi.jpg

Comment

I blame Fred and Bruschetta for this purchase! when all was said and done $280 for anyone thinking of going the Saphir route (Duties, shipping conversion rate etc included in that price) ....I will have the best cheap shoes I hope.

Pate de lux polish(2 100ml 4 50ml), 1 dubbin "graise" 100ml, 3 pommadier creams, 1 rejuvenator, 1 Reno Mat, 2 Saphir Daubers, 2 La Cordonnerie pig silk daubers, 2 Saphir creams, and about 9 heel things so I can try and make my shoes all work...tried it on the largest heel mismatch and seems to have helped...a lot!

Americans I'd order from hanger project, Canadians from A nice pair of shoes is probably better choice. HangerProject is $250 without the 2 regular cream and all the heel paddings as they don't offer them, then duty would be on top so well over $300

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
              I blame Fred and Bruschetta for this purchase! when all was said and done $280 for anyone thinking of going the Saphir route (Duties, shipping conversion rate etc included in that price) ....I will have the best cheap shoes I hope.

Pate de lux polish(2 100ml 4 50ml), 1 dubbin "graise" 100ml, 3 pommadier creams, 1 rejuvenator, 1 Reno Mat, 2 Saphir Daubers, 2 La Cordonnerie pig silk daubers, 2 Saphir creams, and about 9 heel things so I can try and make my shoes all work...tried it on the largest heel mismatch and seems to have helped...a lot!

Americans I'd order from hanger project, Canadians from A nice pair of shoes is probably better choice. HangerProject is $250 without the 2 regular cream and all the heel paddings as they don't offer them, then duty would be on top so well over $300

Uh...wow. seriously?

Comment

@shad0w4life: WOW.

My purchases/recent arrivals:
                Harry's starter shaving kit
                JCF Oxford Cotton Blazer (love this! thanks to BenR for showing off his a week ago)
                JCF Cotton/Linen Bedford Pants in Almond (it's not as bright/light as it appears online, unfortunately, but I still like them)
                Knottery red and black knit ties (from the 50% off sale, just got them!)
                Charles Tywrhitt ESF White Twill Spread and Lavender Mini-Herringbone (sort of wishing I went with a navy or sky-blue bengal stripe now, I need more blues, but I figure I can thrift these)
                AE Box-o-Colored-Laces
                Two thrifted ties (<$5 for the pair)

Comment

Originally posted by fash1on View Post
                  Uh...wow. seriously?
                  Seriously which part, did I need all of it or the prices? Saphir is exensive as hell anywhere
                  Justifying it now is quite easy I busted out the mahogany for my monks and OMFG the wax is like butter, it is sooo smooth;I think the animal oil in the pate de lux line is why. Where as the Lincoln, Kellys, and Kiwi wax I cannot use the AE horsehair daubers on them, it creates little balls in the wax and just doesn't apply, cloth only. Saphir I feel I COULD use a dauber if I wanted that's how much of a difference there is.

Regarding the amount, yeah I got 1 brown, 1 cognac, 1 black for Pommadier cream, then the other two for my one of each colour shoes. And the wax I of course got matching colours + neutral and dubbin grease and the reno mat for the complete wax overhaul twice yearly....I have about 9 shoes, with 2 more on the way but I figured I should treat them with utmost care as I really dislike them looking worn.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                    AE Box-o-Colored-Laces
                    I just picked those up today too along with the bourbon McAlisters. And out of all those samples shoes, I think the only ones I'm going to end up keeping for myself are the snuff suede Neumoks and the sand suede Spiaggia. I mainly got those colored laces for the Spiaggias as I'm not a big fan of the light red ones that they came with.

Comment

Raided the clearance section at JCP like a hyena on the serengeti.

Snagged JCP chinos, a pair of slate grey shorts, couple of patterned poplins and finally - finally! - got that damn blue gingham I've been eyeing forever.

Only to get home and realize it's a woman's shirt and I was too blinded by price to check where the buttons were. Shame, thy name is me.

But - even though it's a large it works out because my wife is pregnant and now she has a new $4 blouse.

Comment

Did you try it on in the store?

Comment

Hahahaha

Comment

I did not. All's well that ends well, I suppose.

Comment

Hit up JCF today. White linen/cotton blend, blue OCBD and some sky blue 9" Gramercy's (no pics yet).
                              I'm currently in love with linen. This one's close to see through, but at first try I think it'll be ok with no undershirt. Who am I kidding, linen with undershirt makes no sense, it might just not be worn everywhere.

I think I've nailed down my JCF sizing as medium. The oxford is just barely long enough to be tucked in, which will be good for work days. The difference in the amount of fabric when tucked is all in the back. There's no blousing with medium, my larges have just a touch too much, but still work pretty well untucked.

I'm still not too comfortable in a polo that's super close fitting, but I think this Old Navy slim fit still works pretty good in large:

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X