Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought an orange Orient Ray ($130) off Amazon today for a casual summer weekender watch. Going to pair it with an all-black NATO strap (not a huge fan of the black/orange NATOs, too much color matching going on with an already bold orange faced watch).

Comment

A semi-Bond style strap (black and grey striped) would look good too.
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        A semi-Bond style strap (black and grey striped) would look good too.
        Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Only one I saw in a quick search on Amazon was this http://www.amazon.com/22mm-James-Bon...ames+bond+nato

It wasn't prime-eligible and I had questions about the brand. Do you know a good place to find NATO straps online?

Comment

Holbensfinewatchbands.com, CrownandBuckle.com, CountyComm.com.
          Ben

Comment

AE Black Hills

Comment

So I have been thinking about getting some linen and madras shirts for the summer, and I just found a huge amount of irish linen shirts from Brooks Brothers on eBay. There's also a lot of authentic Indian madras shirts from J Crew, as well, up for grabs. I got an irish linen, and we'll see how the quality is. But just a heads-up -- I think that as the heat approaches the stock of warm weather shirts on eBay might diminish.

Comment

Originally posted by EF View Post
                AE Black Hills

Very nice! I've had my eye on those for a while actually. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
                  Do you know a good place to find NATO straps online?
                  http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...e-Watch-Straps

Comment

I had been looking for a dress watch and took the plunge on an Orient Symphony.. 94$ on ebay and I had a 10$ off code. Brought it down to 84$ shipped.

Last edited by pratyk; April 25, 2013, 12:43 AM.

Comment

My latest AE haul came in. The ones in the blue/grey are by far the comfiest shoes I've ever worn. I was on the fence about them before but now they're keepers. The bottom right pic is actually 2 different shoes. I was trying to decide which one to keep. Think I'm going with the red laces one and just change out the laces for something not as bright.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        My latest AE haul came in. The ones in the blue/grey are by far the comfiest shoes I've ever worn. I was on the fence about them before but now they're keepers. The bottom right pic is actually 2 different shoes. I was trying to decide which one to keep. Think I'm going with the red laces one and just change out the laces for something not as bright.
                        Damn sample size. Still thinking I don't really need my pinky toes ...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                          Damn sample size. Still thinking I don't really need my pinky toes ...
                          Yeah, I made out pretty good on it. They said most people were ordering loafers due to the time of year but I can't do their loafers due my thin heel keeps slipping out.

The Pierpoints are super comfy and will work great with jeans and a grey blazer.
                          The Duggans are beautiful but are digging in to my ankles a bit. They should be ok after I wear them around the house some. Is it normal for bluchers to squeak a bit? Hopefully that will go away too. It's like the tongue and the leather under it is rubbing against each other on the Duggans.
                          I've been wanting those Neumoks for a while now.
                          The Spiaggias were an impulse buy but should work well in the spring/summer.
                          Last edited by Vicious49; April 25, 2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Is it normal for bluchers to squeak a bit? Hopefully that will go away too. It's like the tongue and the leather under it is rubbing against each other on the Dundees.
                            Just put some AE conditioner or something like Renovateur on the tongue and the underside of the leather above it. It may take a few applications (my Bayfields took quite a few) but eventually it will go away.

Comment

My latest AE haul came in.
                              And so did your lottery winnings, apparently. Nice haul, man! Really nice!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                                And so did your lottery winnings, apparently. Nice haul, man! Really nice!
                                I sold my strands which paid for 2 of these and got rid of some old football jerseys on eBay which should almost cover costs for the other 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X