Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't posted in awhile but a few of the purchases this month- Reco Navy Harrington from Amazon UK (the recent thread on spring jackets inspired me), a couple English Laundry shirts from Huete as well as a few OCBD from the recent J.Crew Factory sale, AE Sedonas (and a few various other leather goods) from the AE sale, Oakley half jackets and Highgear Trailhead compass watch. I realized I needed something for running- so I looked at my growing watch and sunglass collection as tools and realized I didn't have the right tools for running and working out (helps me justify the expense). Now I hope this closes the chapters on sunglasses and watches for a long while!

Comment

I've been on a buying spree lately. I really need to slow down but I go through these phases. My current one is a search to find a laptop bag. I don't like having remorse later so I'm ordering a bunch of them and keeping which one I like best.

I got these two in from Jack Spade. Even though the bottom one was half the price, I liked it better and returned the gray one.

Last edited by Vicious49; April 18, 2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I then decided to order these 2 in the last 24 hours since they were on sale. Obviously something is going to be returned.

Comment

It's taking all my willpower to resist buying that Filson briefcase.
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            It's taking all my willpower to resist buying that Filson briefcase.
            I don't have that willpower or the part of the brain that filters that. I had someone who pointed it out to me a while back when I first got in to paintball. There are people who are like 'I want this gun or want that whatever' whereas I just buy it and deal with the consequences later. It was obviously easier before I got married. But I figure I can keep 1 bag and tell her it cost me like $75 and she won't know the difference. The harder part is hiding all these packages as they come in so she doesn't freak out.

I'm thinking I'll end up liking the Filson the most and send that BillyKirk one back. I already returned the 1 Jack Spade bag. The other one was a final sale item so I can try selling it on Ebay or hang on to it and use it for another purpose. It would have come in handy this past weekend when we went sightseeing. Could have held my wife's camera, water bottles, snacks, and a sweater in it.

Comment

I have been looking for a pair of brown dress shoes. I put a super low ball bid in on a pair of AE Fifth Avenues and actually one them.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                It was obviously easier before I got married. But I figure I can keep 1 bag and tell her it cost me like $75 and she won't know the difference. The harder part is hiding all these packages as they come in so she doesn't freak out.
                This is hilarious, mainly because I completely know the feeling! It's like they don't understand how great of a deal some of this stuff is! My situation is even harder as my girlfriend works early mornings and is home daily when fedex or ups delivers. Ack.

Comment

It's like a sitcom around here. The wife is not here usually during the day but the UPS guy comes closer to evening time. Luckily I've come to know him pretty well over the past few years due to all the packages I get so we've gotten better about hiding it. There's times he's handed me a package at the door and she didn't see it and I told her we were discussing video games or sports (which we usually do). Or I generally have him hide the packages behind the bushes and then I go out and get them when she goes to the rest room or something.

Comment

For $5 shipped...

BR Relaxed Jean: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...3434&cid=26219
                    BR Soft Wash Gingham Shirt (Black): http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=324317042
                    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      It's like a sitcom around here. The wife is not here usually during the day but the UPS guy comes closer to evening time. Luckily I've come to know him pretty well over the past few years due to all the packages I get so we've gotten better about hiding it. There's times he's handed me a package at the door and she didn't see it and I told her we were discussing video games or sports (which we usually do). Or I generally have him hide the packages behind the bushes and then I go out and get them when she goes to the rest room or something.
                      That's not at all asking to be neutered when caught

@Bremersm you won "one" shoe?

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                        @Bremersm you won "one" shoe?
                        What can I say, Joe's half a pair for $75 is rubbing off on me

In all seriousness I was in the middle of shining the other one when I snapped the photo. For $30 I feel bad for the seller. He had no idea what he was selling.

Comment

Was at the mall earlier today and picked this sweater up from H&M for $9. I never shop there but the wife had some coupon she wanted to use and couldn't find anything she liked for herself.

Comment

@vicious49- Thanks for the watchband website reference. Thought I closed this chapter but I have been looking for a nice black leather band to replace the one that come with my citizen and the HR one seems to fit the bill perfectly. I'm now looking at some of the different alligator ones as well. The Grand Duke looks exceptional on your Orient.

http://store.fredawatchstraps.com/hr20gelepr.html

I decided to step out of the proverbial style box and ordered the JCP Stafford Slim Blue Window Glen Plaid suit. This is a a large detour from my normal conservative styles, maybe all the episodes of Mad Men has finally made a mark. I figured if I go inexpensive on this and find that I like the look, I can always upgrade. If it's a suit that I'll only wear occasionally and its decent quality, doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to invest a large amount of $$$. I was glad to get the 20% off plus $10 off from the rewards system and then bought a 15% off discounted gift card and used the 4% off through Ebates. Total came out to be $121. Not bad.

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/suits...entDimVal=slim

I've also been on the hunt for various belts and found this site (many of you may already know about this but it was new to me). I especially like the different options available to make the belt such as silver or brass hardware, different color combinations of the belt material and different leather finishes. I'm hoping the khaki comes out well for me.

http://www.elizab.com/product/LM/LM-126-Surc.html
                            Last edited by ajk170; April 19, 2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I had a good day! Mrs. Styles ran a 10-miler successfully. While she rested, I ventured to JCPenney for the Claiborne slim khaki suit, but they didn't have the jacket in my size. The color felt a bit off, too. I wasn't sold. So I breezed over to the Clearance section and HOLY COW. Slim fit Izod, Stafford, J Farrar suits, blazers and vests. I grabbed a J Farrar extra-slim shirt to try everything on and went to work. I ended up with a Stafford slim fit suit (blazer $30, pants $24) and a J Farrar dark blue windowpane slim blazer for $15. With the 20% off "Buddies" code and my $25 JCP gift card, I got it all for $35.

On the way back I swung by a Target in the Hispanic part of town. Apparently Target stores get different inventory depending on the area, because I saw boots on Clearance that I hadn't ever seen for sale in the three I usually hit downtown and out in the suburbs. Anyway, I grabbed these Mossimo Earl boots in brown suede--Target.com says they aren't sold in stores and are on Clearance online for $38.24. I beg to differ: I walked out with them (after 5% extra discount) for $13.

Not a bad haul for <$50!

Comment

I like that blazer Styles. Looking forward to seeing it used in an outfit.

Comment

Working...
                                X