Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I finally broke down and bought my first pair of Bonobos- I could take the hype and had to see for myself how these things stack up. I also decided on the Ray Ban New Club Masters and a pair of knock offs to compare the two - whichever I like better I'm sending the other ones back. I am taking my chances on Amazon for the Ray Bans- I hear a really mixed bag on those guys about fakes but thier prices are tough to beat. From my other recent thread about the casualness of the navy blue balzer , I decided on getting the JCP Navy Blazer wit thier recent sale. The Caliborne with its matching pants is nice - but I think I'll keep that for chinos or when I need a casual suit and use the JCP Navy for jeans. Once the clubmaster come in - I'll have to add my thoughts and impressions on the thread I started for that. I wish the mods would creat a new topic area for reviews- that way it's not mixed in with Recent purchases- and extended reviews would have a home that's easily serached.
    Last edited by ajk170; March 31, 2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Picked up a pair of the Stafford wool trousers in brown glen plaid and a pair of Happy Socks at JCP this weekend for around something like $25 and some change. The trousers fit really well besides being just slightly snug in the thighs. I'm wearing them today and they've already loosened up some. I'll probably stop at another JCP at some point to see if I can find the darker ones (gray, I believe) in my size.

Comment

I bought these from a guy locally yesterday (found him on ebay). Allen Edmonds McClain. Brand new for $150:

Received these last week from AE. Fifth Street:

Last edited by Hypebeast; April 2, 2013, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Picked up a couple of those JCrew slim polos Joe featured yesterday, couldn't pass on them for ~20$ a pop with the code

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            There's a GAP store here in town that was recently switched over to a GAP Factory Outlet. Somehow I managed not to figure that out until this week. I checked it out and I've decided I like the outlet a lot better than the regular store. I picked up 4 shirts (including 3 OCBDs, which I'd been wanting for spring/summer casual use) and a lightly insulated cotton/poly baseball-style jacket for about $100 total.

One weird thing - apparently I am an extra small at GAP, at least in their "classic fit." The OCBDs I got are all "classic fit," size XS, and fit perfectly.

American sizing never ceases to amaze me. At 5'9" and not super skinny (140-150 lbs depending on how lazy I've been with diet/exercise), I don't think most people who saw me on the street would describe me as an "extra small" guy. But whatever - I'm glad to have found some casual summer shirts that fit well for cheap.
            No big surprise. With the obesity epidemic in full swing vanity sizing is out of control.

I'm 5'11" and weigh 190lbs (32inch waist) and I wear a medium in most tops.

In fact I have one quilted jacket that is a small.
            Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Sagan View Post
              No big surprise. With the obesity epidemic in full swing vanity sizing is out of control.

I'm 5'11" and weigh 190lbs (32inch waist) and I wear a medium in most tops.

In fact I have one quilted jacket that is a small.
              It's not just that. Most men wear clothing that is too large on purpose. I thought we were passed the oversized clothing thing after 1999, but apparently not.

Comment

Since I travel overseas often, I have some uniqlo stuff from Hong Kong. A HK uniqlo "large" is nearly identical to a NYC uniqlo extra small. I also have an old college branded, us-made t shirt in medium that is smaller than these extra smalls. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Big day for me.
                  Jcrew green suede kentons came in. Love them!
                  BR linen/cotton grey blazer. Great fit otr no tailor needed
                  Nordstrom calibrate black and white gingham. Best fitting neck and sleeve otr fit I have seen so far. now I can button my shirt all the way to the top and still get that close fit of a BR non-iron slim fit that I love. I have 3 ratio shirts too but I think my body type is common enough so it doesn't warrant MTM shirts.

Oh and a picked up a greenish leather nato strap for like 7 dollars at jcrew.

Comment

Some fun summer shoes that I picked up from the Jeffersonville AE outlet (and their unadvertised 20% off sale) on the way back from visiting relatives in OH last week.

Comment

AE grey Mctavish came in today!
                      I know, not alot of love here for them, but I like how they are a dark grey and not a light grey.
                      Not even bothered by that groove on the right shoe cap.

Comment

In keeping with the recent theme of the thread, I recently received some AE Lubbocks from deep discounter 6PM.com. It seems like a few weeks ago Zappos dumped a bunch of AEs down to them, although the selection's dwindled quite a bit. Still, for under $200 it was hard to pass up. First pair of monks, really like them with jeans right now.

Comment

My Halloween Seiko SNZJ21 arrived this week. Finally had time to get some links removed.

Not sleek, but not clunky. Fitting for a casual weekend outing or if you want a pop of color with a dark outfit.

Comment

Ok, this might be stretching the "recent" in recent purchases, but these have all been purchased in the last 2.5 years since I discovered Dappered, StyleForum, Put This On, etc. I was sort of doing a pocket square inventory so I thought I'd throw a few pics up. As you can see, I have a bit of a Drake's habit.

Comment

That's quite the beautiful collection you have there! Being a college student ill affords me to purchase such luxurious products, let alone give me chances to wear them...but one day I will! haha

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                              Ok, this might be stretching the "recent" in recent purchases, but these have all been purchased in the last 2.5 years since I discovered Dappered, StyleForum, Put This On, etc. I was sort of doing a pocket square inventory so I thought I'd throw a few pics up. As you can see, I have a bit of a Drake's habit.

Comment

Two recent purchases for me:

1)Lands End Travelers Blazer-Tailored Fit ~$132
                                http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-t...248730_-1.html

Just came in, so haven't had the chance to check out the fit yet. Hoping to make this one my obligatory navy blue sport coat.

2)Field Notes "National Crop" Edition

[http://fieldnotesbrand.com/wp-conten...NC-14barnS.jpg

Not explicitly clothing, but I've seen them pop up on the site before. I'm looking forward for these guys to come in!

Comment

Working...
                                X