Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought that Factory oxford cloth Thompson suit, as well. This is my first Thompson, so I'm trying to temper my expectations. I bought the tweed jacket this fall on a ridiculously good deal and have really enjoyed it. I have at least four summer weddings coming up, so I hope the Thompson will work out.

Comment

Just tried out Ratio for the first time and bought a shirt. Ordered 2/24 and received today. I anticipated having to return it but it fit pretty well so I thought I'd keep it. Used a $20 off code as I definitely didn't think it was worth retail.

Regarding the oxford Thompson, I had seen it this past weekend during the 30% off sale. I clicked the image above on the suits page and it popped right up. I guess it was an unintended loophole. I didn't go for it though as I have the chino Thompson on the way.

Comment

Getting ready for spring. Perry Ellis slim fit gray stripe seersucker. Gonna need to shorten the arms a bit and have the waist nipped as well. The middle is a bit pooched out due to untucked shirt. Arm holes are perfectly high. This is a 42L, and I find I'm often awkwardly between a R and an L. Kind of have monkey arms for my height and a long torso. The length is spot on by the curved hands method. The body of a 40L probably would have been better, but there's no way it would fit across my back. I've only got one 40L jacket that fits, and it's definitely snug.

Wasn't sure about seersucker in general, but now that it's here I dig the hell out of it! The search for a quality local tailor is on!

Comment

My GAP Lived in Chinos came today and these things are awesome! Perfect fit, and they feel like pajamas haha...I'm going to have to buy some more colors in the future for this summer...lord knows I can't break them out here yet with the "Spring weather" of 35 and light snow

Comment

Added two more Allen Edmonds to the shoe closet on the cheap:

Comment

@Acousticfoodie, you sure know how to breathe life back into a pair of shoes...nice work!

My AE 2 for $250 haul came in last week. Just got around to figuring out how to post pics.

L - Sanford in walnut
              R - McGraw in burgundy shell
              Last edited by Lukeduke; March 21, 2013, 07:53 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Rotary Chrono just arrived!

Had to nato it up right away lol.

Last edited by TheMimbo; March 21, 2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Can't edit last post, but man today is like Xmas. Two more packages from UPS!

Bambino:
                  http://i.imgur.com/2JcUNQjl.jpg
                  http://i.imgur.com/OzqbxRal.jpg
                  It will probably stay on the original band though.

Stafford Alex oxfords:

http://i.imgur.com/LvH0AAEl.jpg

Don't mind the white socks, today is a lazy study day, so didnt feel like changing em haha. Back to my studies...
                  Last edited by TheMimbo; March 21, 2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMimbo View Post
                    The free watch with the bambino did it for me. Covers father in laws bday this month. Lol

Eco-drive is nice though. I have the 300m Eco, great watches and hold up well.
                    I thought about the free watch- but I have the Bambino in Rose gold - got it back in Jan for about the same price as this- but always thought I should have ordered it in silver and black. So to be different - I thought an eco-drive is a type I don't have - plus the price closed the deal for me. I really like the Bambino though with the raised crystal- none of my others have that - but like others have said, it is tight under some of my dress shirts.

Comment

Finally found a gray and oatmeal(ish) v-necks at Jcrew for under $100. I've been looking for these that are decent quality in these colors for the last few months but couldn't find any- until now! Used the discount and my regular methods to get the prices which allowed me to then pick up the slim credit card holder as well, but I just saw some reviews saying that it's not really that great. I'm starting to think I should have gone with my first idea for a slim card holder
                      http://launer.com/slim-credit-card-case.html

But since the prices was so low on it, maybe I shouldn't really have any remorse about it after all. Anyone else have the slim case that has an opinion on it?

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        Threw me a bit too, until I looked at the images more closely. The fabric looks to be a closely-woven, alternating blue and white, which appears light grey. The J.Crew oxford cloth blazer shown on the Dappered main site right now has the same effect.
                        I just got back from the factory store and if it's the blazer I think it is - it's a pin dot/birdseye type design. Which would go along with what you said about the alternating dots. It looked nice but if you have the birdseye BR blazer, it might be a bit redundant.

Comment

Picked up a heather gray v-neck sweater at Gap for $16 on sale. Also got some Capt. America themed socks from Target.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMimbo View Post
                            Rotary Chrono just arrived!

Had to nato it up right away lol.
                            Niiiiiiiiice! The NATO is cool, but personally I like mine on the original cognac strap. Then again, I needed a cognac watch option, so there's that. LOL

Regardless of strap, gratz dude! Wear it in good health and dapperedliness!

Comment

I got this http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/in...parel_sweaters for $35 at the local Club Monaco store earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                                Niiiiiiiiice! The NATO is cool, but personally I like mine on the original cognac strap. Then again, I needed a cognac watch option, so there's that. LOL

Regardless of strap, gratz dude! Wear it in good health and dapperedliness!
                                Thanks man, will do. I swap straps so much lol, its actually been on a dark leather nato for most of the day.

I love my red, white and blue for when im bumming about the house though.

Comment

Working...
                                X