• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blame yoyorobbo

Just won this on ebay:

http://i.imgur.com/kwk1oevl.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ian619 View Post
      I've heard the expression "two *left* feet" - but never two *right*.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMimbo View Post
        Blame yoyorobbo

Just won this on ebay:

http://i.imgur.com/kwk1oevl.jpg
        LOL - Nice, man! I really dig it. It's not my everyday watch, but really none of mine are. I'll save that title for an Omega (or something similar) one day. For now, I switch things up; probably wear the Chronospeed 2x a week, at least. The cognac colored band goes well with a few shoes/boots that I tend to wear quite a little bit (ahem).

Anyway, Enjoy the new timepiece. Wear it Dapperedly in good health!

Comment

Just picked up 2 pairs of j. Crew 484 raw indigo selvedge jeans and three J. Crew dress shirts at a j crew clearance store. Totals savings: $560. Good day

Comment

Modded seiko just came in!

http://i.imgur.com/XoRYx8tl.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              I have those chukkas in a suede grey that I bought from Sierra trading post a while back for the same price. They are really comfortable. I just wish the toe was more rounded off. It is a bit squarish near the front.
              Agreed, Vicious. They're a smidge squared, compared to my usual preference. But for the type of boot, I think it still works. But I totally get your take. Oh, and score on getting them in grey! I remember seeing them in black suede at a local Marshalls, sometime last year, and passing on them mainly because I didn't need/want another black shoe/boot. I want to say they were $70 (maybe $80) there, a discount shop. So the better deal here (and in your purchase) really makes them a steal. Nice!

Comment

Navy and white lowtop Chucks for the summer
                http://www.zappos.com/converse-chuck...r-core-ox-navy

Comment

Continuing on the summer shoes train: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...xIUYEWrBJHqarC

They're extremely loud but I really only wear Purcells when its hot out so I figured I could tone these down with really plain shirts/chinos

Comment

I finally jumped on the JCP claiborne suede wingtips - at $50 for an occasional wearer, I couldn't pass it up. I also grabbed the Stafford cognac cap toes bluchers - another occasional wear that's going to be nice to have in the rotation. I'm realizing my wife's theory of 30 pairs of shoes- it dramatically increases the life of any one pair if you only wear it once or twice a month. I finally pulled the trigger on the Citizen black strap silver and white dial Eco-drive. Again, JCP prices are really tough to beat with their $10 off, 20% off gift card (getting harder and harder to find these at cardpool/giftcards.com/plasticjungle!) and ebates. Total on the watch got me to $130- couldn't beat that anywhere for the black and silver combo- even Orient's prices on the Symphony or Bambino didn't compare. But it was a tough call to decide between the classic all-around watch like my new citizen or the dress chronograph (Seiko classic Black). Decided to leave the dress chrono for a potential christmas gift.

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jewel...24100+-+%24199
                    Last edited by ajk170; March 19, 2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
                      I finally jumped on the JCP claiborne suede wingtips - at $50 for an occasional wearer, I couldn't pass it up. I also grabbed the Stafford cognac cap toes bluchers - another occasional wear that's going to be nice to have in the rotation. I'm realizing my wife's theory of 30 pairs of shoes- it dramatically increases the life of any one pair if you only wear it once or twice a month. I finally pulled the trigger on the Citizen black strap silver and white dial Eco-drive. Again, JCP prices are really tough to beat with their $10 off, 20% off gift card (getting harder and harder to find these at cardpool/giftcards.com/plasticjungle!) and ebates. Total on the watch got me to $130- couldn't beat that anywhere for the black and silver combo- even Orient's prices on the Symphony or Bambino didn't compare. But it was a tough call to decide between the classic all-around watch like my new citizen or the dress chronograph (Seiko classic Black). Decided to leave the dress chrono for a potential christmas gift.

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jewel...24100+-+%24199

The free watch with the bambino did it for me. Covers father in laws bday this month. Lol

Eco-drive is nice though. I have the 300m Eco, great watches and hold up well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian619 View Post
                        I'm pretty sure I have a problem
                        13 pairs of AEs! All stored w/trees on a well ventilated rack. Killin'!

Comment

Bought the brand-new J.Crew Factory oxford cloth Thompson suit. Currently only visible to mailing list members. It's currently marked down 30%, plus I have a separate 20% code from a previous purchase, so I got it for $148.

I've been looking for a light-colored, warm weather blazer (I'm already breaking a sweat in my go-to wool herringbone in 50 degrees). Hopefully the material on this jacket is breathable and the fit is more like my wool Thompson and less like the chino version I bought and returned a few weeks back.

I bought the pants as well, but I'm not entirely certain I'll wear it as a suit.
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            Bought the brand-new J.Crew Factory oxford cloth Thompson suit. Currently only visible to mailing list members. It's currently marked down 30%, plus I have a separate 20% code from a previous purchase, so I got it for $148.

I've been looking for a light-colored, warm weather blazer (I'm already breaking a sweat in my go-to wool herringbone in 50 degrees). Hopefully the material on this jacket is breathable and the fit is more like my wool Thompson and less like the chino version I bought and returned a few weeks back.
                            I saw that jacket too and just realized I also still have a 20% off coupon I can use. I would have considered picking it up if I hadn't just bought several blazers from BR. About that JCrew jacket though, the site says the color is 'navy' but it looks more like a grey to me. That threw me off a bit.

Comment

I'm tempted by it too. I've got a 25% off coupon that brings it down to a mere $150. I'm not sure I need a summer suit (I've already got a light gray worsted and beige linen/cotton twill) but at that price I don't know if I can resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                I saw that jacket too and just realized I also still have a 20% off coupon I can use. I would have considered picking it up if I hadn't just bought several blazers from BR. About that JCrew jacket though, the site says the color is 'navy' but it looks more like a grey to me. That threw me off a bit.
                                Threw me a bit too, until I looked at the images more closely. The fabric looks to be a closely-woven, alternating blue and white, which appears light grey. The J.Crew oxford cloth blazer shown on the Dappered main site right now has the same effect.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X