This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomasR View Post
    My name is Tomas and I have a shoe problem.

Damn, those are nice. I'm usually not a huge fan of split toes, but those are just beautiful.

Comment

@piperty it's fully lined - so i could see it being warm. The material is great, kinda smoothed out chino - so a little more formal then, say, the kensington or the Jcf chino... fit is great also, fits my 5"10 200lbs muscular 40R perfectly, with the pants being slim to moderate... Give it a go if you dont think youll be too hot.

Comment

My Prestons arrived. Solid shoe, comfortable, fits well. The chocolate brown is a great color. I got these to go with my suit but I could see wearing these with casual pants as well.

Comment

$51 Runnell update: The Unboxing

As part2 of the pre-sale pay-today/pickup-tomorrow deal, I picked them up today.

Here's a shot of my beloved hound checking things out first:

After she gave the OK, I tried 'em on:

They seem to feel and fit much better on my feet than my Clarks DBs. It didn't help that I dorked-up the sizing on those when I bought the Clarks - should have sized-down. Doh! Lesson-learned. I did size down 1/2 with these (from my usual *boot* size, that is) to more of what my more recent dress-shoe sizing is, if that makes sense. FYI & YMMV. Very glad I actually tried them on in-store. I would've probably blindly ordered 11.5 instead of these 11.

Anyway, it's early, and I plan to audition them for a little bit on the safe indoor carpet, tile and wood. But initial take says "hellz yeah!"

Again gents... Lord&Taylor clearance section, if you are in the market. These above are the tan oiled full grain version (although that's a pretty *dark* tan, IMO). The camel suede pair are on their way from NY, as I type this. Same deal. $51.

Comment

^ Wow, those pictures are HUGE! Do you guys size down the pics on the image site that you use, or when you post a link to them here in the forums? I guess I need to look into this a bit. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
              ^ Wow, those pictures are HUGE! Do you guys size down the pics on the image site that you use, or when you post a link to them here in the forums? I guess I need to look into this a bit. LOL
              Yeah, I take a quick hop over to http://pixlr.com/express/ and resize/crop most of my photos before I upload them to imgur. It allows you to edit other things/create collages as needed, as well. Pretty quick and painless overall.

Comment

Just finished ordering my Essential Grey from Indochino. Sized certain points slightly larger(arm length, pant length) as it is easier to tailor them down. Hoping for the best.

Comment

Stopped by Sears to do a Lands End return today and saw some stuff on sale. Picked up the cords for $8 and the sweater-type crew top for $20. Retail on these is $55 and $85.

Comment

Yesterday, I got a haul of stuff from JC Penney and I have to say that I'm super impressed. I got the wool throw that someone mentioned around here a while back - and it's very nice. My wife is stoked about it, too. I got a poplin shirt in navy gingham. Taking Joe's advice to size down to a small was a good move; it fits really well. I also picked up some navy slim chinos, which fit great and actually feel pretty substantial. Altogether, I'm very impressed. Not bad at all for my first experience there.

Comment

Well I need a few items for Spring, an upcoming wedding, and the Derby.

Red TieBar pocket square for the wedding:

Bowtie for Spring, the Derby and Charleston:

I splurged and bought one of the BR Mad Men polos. I am a sucker for this collaboration.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        Stopped by Sears to do a Lands End return today and saw some stuff on sale. Picked up the cords for $8 and the sweater-type crew top for $20. Retail on these is $55 and $85.

I stopped by Sears two weekends ago and picked up 10 sweaters for $150- vneck, crew neck, cardigan etc
                        eBay id-> Mr.k215

Comment

BR Navy Made-in-Italy Suit Jacket (already had the pants) + Herringbone Blazer in the F&F 50% sale
                          BR cotton plaid dress pants from thrift store

Comment

Picked up my first pair of Sperrys for 50 bucks at Marshalls

http://www.sperrytopsider.com/store/...Number=0271569

The colour scheme is non traditional, but I liked it.

Comment

$51 Runnell update: "The Other Half"

The camel suede ones came via UPS today from Scarsdale, NY (pretty quick, Lord&Taylor) - no extra cost, and at the same pre-sale deal too. Sweet!

Comment

All the talk around here about Timex and how good they are for the price, I picked up a Weekender with the orange band from JCP- they had the best price I could find on it- plus I used my usual method of the 20% gift card and ebates for the extra 4% back and the current $10 off promo. I also picked up the Claiborne linen shirt (I like the linen look during spring and summer) and some socks to get the free shipping. Not only have you guys helped me build a better wardrobe and helped me look better in it- you guys have certainly showed be better ways to shop and save money while building it!
                                Last edited by ajk170; March 14, 2013, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X