Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got these Cole Haan Bowman loafers on clearance at Nordstrom. A nice balance of dressy and casual, I think. They run a bit small. Had to return the first pair for the next size up. I found out about the sale from one of the posters here on Dappered. I think my next purchase might be the gorgeous Orient Bambino watch that Joe wrote about - and I'm not really a watch guy. This site is costing me a lot of money.

Comment

Hey Mimbo, what are the details on that pilot's watch (first pictured)? Nice haul. I just picked up an Orient Ray in black a month or so back and have been looking to put a leather strap on it, but I also like the look of the canvas natos.

Comment

Picked a few things up during sales/clearance, decided to combine them into one outfit for ease evaluation by my fellow Dappered members. Please pardon the mess surrounding the mirror on the full-length shots...we're beginning the process of moving. Would love to hear what you guys think, especially regarding tailoring needs, as I'm aware that both pieces would probably need a bit. This is my first time picking up trousers with any sort of pattern on it, I believe that it's subtle enough to be pretty versatile. And I'm a fan of bold patterns (shirt). Thanks, gentlemen!

Shirt: Gap slim-fit non-iron, picked up for about $30
        Pants: Express Photographer 32x34, bought for <$20

Full-body:
        Detail:

Comment

That's a modded SNZG15 by yobokies. The original version is nice, but I really dig the mod. I ordered the parts for my snk809, will look like this after I change the dial/hands:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...d/IMG_7652.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
            Oh yeah, if anybody has one of those $10 off $25 coupons laying around and isn't using it, please PM me the code! I need a new pair of jeans...
            If you're interested in the JCP dark wash slim straight jeans that Joe reviewed and really dug, they are clearanced down to $17. I may snag a pair sometime this week.

Comment

I used my JCP coupon - the one for you and one for a friend - my wifed used the other half. But I was interested enough to call JCP to see what I could find out from the customer service rep since I didn't think JCP was doing this type of marketing- wasn't expecting much. "Robert" told me that those are for their customers and the only way they can track their customers are through the JCP card and the rewards program and it appears to be tiered to how much you spend. This would make sense if other people didn't get the share with a friend portion of the card (though I haven't spent that much at JCP since signing up on 1 FEB) or received some other perk in addition.
              I was also told that they are merging several labels into the JCP brand and will only carry a few labels in addition to the JCP house one. That somewhat explains why there are so many variations of things competing with one another. Plus the transformation will be complete by 2015.

So nothing too insightful, but I can certainly say the customer service was very helpful and seemed knowledgable without saying he didn't know or had to check. He could have made the whole thing up, but I'll never know and went away satisfied- so good for JCP to have either smart people or at least people that can think quick on their feet and seem to care! Kept me from walking away and going somewhere else!
              Last edited by ajk170; March 10, 2013, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Went back to JCP (which I have been doing WAY too much of lately) and came away with a JCP OCBD in light blue, a white Stafford Fitted button-down dress shirt, some dark brown JOE Joseph Abboud Trousers, and this tie in royal...With the $10 off coupon and some clearance-ing, came to just under $80. They had the brown Stafford Wingtip boots, and I was so close to pulling the trigger on them. Call it "passer's remorse"?

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/dress...=SearchResults

Comment

Purchased the Claiborne Cotton Stretch Blazer from JCP yesterday. First blazer so it's cheap enough that if I don't wear it enough I won't feel too bad.

Comment

also had a huge JCP Haul - got 2 pairs of khaki chinos, 1 light grey, 2 Blue OCBDs, a Grey Dress shirt, the Chino suit from Claiborne, JCP navy shorts, and a Stafford Prep Chambray Tie (Lots of cash to drop, went for quantity over quality)

Comment

These just arrived in the mail...

Allen Edmonds Delray brand new-in-box and first quality. Listing specified that these were a custom color order and that appears to be accurate as the color is somewhere between chestnut and walnut. Gorgeous shade that I think really livens up the shoe. Paid $199 for them which ain't cheap, but it's $145 off retail for firsts.

What I have thus far is these, Kenilworths in brown burnished, Loake Pimlicos in chocolate suede, Florsheim Havilands in tumbled brown and Chippewa boots in chocolate brown. Already eyeballing various monks, loafers and shortwings for my next purchase(s).

My name is Tomas and I have a shoe problem.

Comment

Originally posted by willsee View Post
                        Purchased the Claiborne Cotton Stretch Blazer from JCP yesterday. First blazer so it's cheap enough that if I don't wear it enough I won't feel too bad.
                        I really like that jacket, and wear it as my go-to navy blazer right now. Only downside: 1 button and it is a lint magnet!

Comment

i took a picture of my growing allen edmonds collection:

the dundee and boston are from last weeks second's 2 for 250 deal. the strands were a xmas gift from the gf, so technically that's 3 pairs in 3 months i suppose

Comment

@jake101 What are your thoughts on the Chino Suit so far? Thinking about picking it up as a spring/summer/wedding outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                              i took a picture of my growing allen edmonds collection:

the dundee and boston are from last weeks second's 2 for 250 deal. the strands were a xmas gift from the gf, so technically that's 3 pairs in 3 months i suppose
                              Love the strands mate. So nice.

Comment

Just snagged some J&M Runnells (brown(tan?) oiled full grain version) from Lord&Taylor for $51. They're still $135 right down the hallway at the same mall, in the J&M store. Anyway, they were marked down on the clearance rack at L&T for $95, with an additional 25% off. I was actually ready to plop down the $71 right then and there, but when the SA told me to pre-sale purchase them, for an additional 10% off (buy them today, pick them up tomorrow), I said "uhhmmm... Ok."

When she started ringing them up, she was surprised to see that the actual sale discount (an additional 20% off) actually *did* apply to clearance items, when she originally thought not. So yada-yada-yada... $51 for some chukkas that fit me better than my Clark DBs (I mistakenly bought the Clark's as TTS last year, when I should have sized-down).

So... If you are in the market, check out the clearance sections at L&T. I think the pre-sale ended tonight, as the actual sale starts tomorrow, but still they will be a great price for some sweet chukkas regardless.

Oh, and they didn't have my size in the camel suede version, so the SA checked some other stores and is having a pair shipped tomorrow to me for no extra charge - same price, as a pre-sale charge ship... Or something. I couldn't resist.

Comment

Working...
                                X