Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I probably will... There's a lot of leg between the blues so it shouldn't be too much. I'll have to see how they look with jeans though.

Comment

I bought a couple of the Merona polos I mentioned in a separate thread. I know I'm violating my Lenten retail abstinence, but I realized the other day that my Mossimo polos are starting to pill noticeably, and $20 for two new polos seemed like a pretty mild indulgence....

Ben

Comment

I tend to write those sort of things off as "necessities".

Comment

Not a purchase, but I should note this based off of Ben's Target finds...the Levi's Denizen brand for Target (which has gotten some play on the site recently) is marked down in the slim/straight style for $20 (more specifically $19.58, at least at my local store) this week. Not a bad deal if people are looking for something on the casual side. Would be a good grab along with one of the Merona polos. Decent looking casual wear for $30? I'm sure there would be a few people in the market for that.

Comment

I think I'm gonna go get another pair of the Gap 1969 selvedge with their 40% off in-store thing... absolute best jeans I've ever had

Comment

JC, how much are they after discount? (And don't tell your SF friends.) ;-)

Comment

JC-I was looking at those jeans, but GAP jeans have been hit or miss with me in the past. Worth the investment, in your opinion?

Comment

They're $89 before discount, so $53 after, and definitely worth it. They're raw indigo selvedge and have that stiff, cold feel.

Comment

I found a thrifted suit!

Nothing special, but it fits and it was $15. As I noted in the "shifting" thread, it's not a slimming color and I'm not a slim guy, but if I can lose the weight I intend to lose I can have the whole thing brought in and that should help.

Comment

@Alan

Nice find! Is that also the LEC gingham shirt? I got mine in the mail today. How do you like yours?

Comment

Thanks, Jeff! Yup, it's one in the same. I like the fit and I like the material. The arms are 33/34 and I'm really a 33 so they're a tad long, but it's really not a deal breaker. I do wish the cuffs were a bit tighter, but that's as easy as moving a button if I really decide it's bugging me. Despite owning a million ties, I couldn't find a single one to pair it with so I just went tieless. It's casual anyway, so no biggie. I don't own anything else like it so I'm glad to have it.

Comment

So since I am always saying we need warm weather wear suggestions, I took advantage of BR's 40% and picked up a couple of pique polo's. I really like the fit and length (I'm 6'3"). Anyway got both for under $45.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=79714&vid=1&pid=434644

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=429587002

Comment

@Alan - Nice suit. What brand is it?

Comment

Busy day today, picked up the following:

J Crew Aldridge Suit in Navy via Ebay

4 pairs of J Crew Club shorts (Seersucker, Oxford Navy, Canvas, and Graphite)

5 J Crew Vintage Polos (Purple, Pink, Cerulean Blue, Beachside Blue, and Sage)

1 Gap Classic Black Belt

Comment

Got some sand/khaki colored Levi's 501 shrink-to-fit jeans from TJ Maxx for $8 today. Breaking them in now but I think they'll end up fitting really well.

Comment

Working...
                                X