This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmond...vip=true&rt=nc

Just won those bad boys on eBay. AE Delray new-in-box for $199.99 and I was the only bidder. Also, my Loake Pimlicos came in the mail today. Not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      Tanks for the tip. I'll look in to it. I wonder if they'd do that for seconds as well?
      Vicious, I recently bought a pair of seconds that initially hurt the same area on my foot. The lady at the store told me they would stretch them for free, so you are probably good.

Comment

Picked up a couple of ties on sale at Howard Yount

Along with one that is now off the site (looks like this but in dark grey and yellow, guess I got the last one):

Very impressed with the herringbone tie.

Comment

I too went over to Howard Yount and snagged this sport coat for $199, down from $549:

http://www.howardyount.com/collectio...-jacket-yellow

I am excited to break it out this spring/summer.

Comment

Summarizing my recent purchases so I can scare myself into not shopping for a while:
            AE Kenilworth (see thread, I may end up keeping them because conditioner+trees is working)
            2 colognes (Nautica Voyage, Grey Flannel)
            2 silk knit ties + 2 pocket squares from Knottery Sale
            1 pair of jeans from Vente Privee LVC sale (may return... really worried as I purchased a 32W pair and I'm naturally a 33W and these jeans shrink)
            2 shirts + 1 tie from CT
            Total: ~$350. *gulp*
            Umm... I hope that's it for a while. But I'm eying a few suits on Ebay.

Comment

In the span of 5 days I went from zero Allen Edmonds to 4 pairs. When it rains it pours I suppose.
              2 for 250
              -black Boston
              - brown McGraw
              117 for the gray Mctavish featured on the main site (still waiting on those)
              129 for burgundy Van Ness

I really feel like making a separate post with pics of these beautiful shoes. I am looking already to save 200 ish more dollars for the next time. I really would like something in Walnut, and Bourbon, a medallioned cap toe, a long wing, a suede shoe....oh look, there's that slippery slope everyone keeps talking about.

Comment

Went to JCP today, and walked away with a couple of clearance items: A pair of Izod wool flannel charcoal trousers for $15 and this Stafford wool blazer for $47. My hang-up on this blazer is what pants to wear with it...any suggestions would be welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by piperty View Post
                  Went to JCP today, and walked away with a couple of clearance items: A pair of Izod wool flannel charcoal trousers for $15 and this Stafford wool blazer for $47. My hang-up on this blazer is what pants to wear with it...any suggestions would be welcome!
                  Charcoal or navy trousers? Flannel or some other texture would work nicely but it could work with smooth ones as well.

Comment

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom//shoe...=SearchResults

I got these loafers at JCP today for $20. The online clearance price is $48, however, in store they're $30. I received an email from JCP yesterday with a coupon for $10 off a purchase over $25.

Comment

Oh yeah, if anybody has one of those $10 off $25 coupons laying around and isn't using it, please PM me the code! I need a new pair of jeans as I'm likely going to return those LVCs. (Don't post here as it's a single-use code). I am on the JCP mailing list but didn't get one. Is it for JCP credit card owners only?

Comment

Some Lindberg glasses. Had some flex $$ I had to spend or it was gone.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                          Is it for JCP credit card owners only?
                          I don't have a JCP credit card, so no. However, I did sign up for the rewards program, so it may be for rewards members.

Comment

Got a code thanks to Bosco. What a great community! Here's a "which would you buy?" question: I want a pair of grey jeans, would you go for the neutral grey or tumbled merlin? http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jeans...entDimVal=levi

Comment

Finally pulled the trigger on some chocolate brown JC Preston blutchers. Sure, they're not Aldens but these will serve me well. I've been getting by on some thrifted vintage 60s Sears long wings, believe it or not. I have needed a decent pair dress shoes for some time now.

Comment

Just picked up the following:

Not to mention all the straps, wife is sick of me this weekend lol.

These all example images btw until mine get here.

Comment

Working...
                                X