This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJG Esq View Post
    Fred- When I was doing some research on C&J's, I came across a post from you in SF where you said you had the Westbournes. When you get a chance, if you can post pics and a quick review of the Hallam vs. Westbourne I'd greatly appreciate it. SF thread is here for reference:http://www.styleforum.net/t/293101/c...-vs-wesrbourne
    Ok, as requested, here you go! All shoes are just "as is", I haven't polished any of them since wearing them so please don't judge my polishing technique! (Westbournes need some conditioner too apparently.) I have a wide-ish foot and usually wear 10E in AE. The 348 is sort of interesting as it is wider where my foot is wide but then really tapers. I think it's a really attractive and comfortable last, especially for my feet. I know some think it's way too long but I really like it.

348 Family shot: Lowndes, Hallam, Westbourne

My other C&Js: BBBF Coniston, Osterley, Clifford, RL Marlow

348 last vs. AE 5 last, Hallam vs. Park Ave.

Comment

@ajk170: I've been giving some thought to how I should attack my extremely wanting tie collection, so thanks for the heads up on that Put This On article. Now I just need to spend some time scouring TheTieBar.

---

I made a run to JCP yesterday (among others) to check out some of the new items/gather fit info, but I wasn't able to find most of the new Stafford Prep line. Saw the ties, shorts, and chinos from Joe's post but that was about it. No blazers, no new button ups, etc. Everything else was just "jcp" branded.

I did grab a navy/purple gingham shirt from their jcp line on clearance for $10 and picked up some cedar shoe trees for $12 a pair at Nordstrom Rack. Didn't see much that was worthwhile in the shoe department there or at Saks Off 5th (was gunning for some suede wingtips), but such is the life of those of us with extremely common sizes.

Also bought an Orient Ray in black a couple weeks back after I dropped my then new Seiko and chipped the crystal while trying to adjust the band. Much happier with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
        348 last vs. AE 5 last, Hallam vs. Park Ave.
        For ease of comparison I should have specified that the Hallams are UK9E, Park Aves are US10E. I can't wear a US10D in the AE 5 last as it is too narrow. I can wear AEs in 10D if I'm wearing loafers (sockless).

Comment

Grabbed last fall's JCP gray wool blazer for $25 today! Also, Fred those are some gorgeous shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by TomasR View Post
            Those are some baller ass shoe trees for some baller ass shoes.
            This is from Saint Crispin's not C&J, but I love this vid on hand made shoe trees:
            http://vimeo.com/52977792#

Comment

Just picked this up from Ebay for about $50 shipped. All the measurements seemed similar to mine so I figured why not. Can't wait until it gets here to see how it fits. It's a Vintage 1977 Green Magee Donegal tweed blazer.

Comment

I was looking at that one, Vicious! Great pickup. Is that the one jonATL was selling, or is his a different Magee?

Comment

I never even put 2 and 2 together. The seller is a johnross from atl so it probably is him. What a coincidence.

Comment

Ok, as requested, here you go!
                    Great post, thank you! I especially appreciate the comparison with the 5 last. It confirms that I'll have to go try them on before buying and make sure the 348 will fit my feet.

Comment

Bought two blazers for the warmer seasons:

Uniqlo unstructured navy cotton

Next half lined cotton

Sleeves need to be taken up but other than that they fit pretty well.

Comment

Just got a pair of Izod white chinos- not sure about the quality or fit- a little nervous- never had white paints before.... but for the low cost- I thought I should try and start prepping for the spring summer...

Comment

Ok, as requested, here you go! All shoes are just "as is", I haven't polished any of them since wearing them so please don't judge my polishing technique! (Westbournes need some conditioner too apparently.) I have a wide-ish foot and usually wear 10E in AE. The 348 is sort of interesting as it is wider where my foot is wide but then really tapers. I think it's a really attractive and comfortable last, especially for my feet. I know some think it's way too long but I really like it.
                          Nice collection! I'm on the fence on the 348, as I think it might be a tad too chiseled to look good on me. Have to admit it looks fantastic on other people though. Of the 348s, I find the Westbournes and Edgwares are nicest looking ones.

How would you compare it to the 337 sizing wise?

Comment

Signature pants from the banana via the 40 percent sale today. Three of them. (Tip: Just tell the salesperson that you're really interested in 3, not 2, and he or she most likely suggest they can do it via separate transactions, i.e., 2 in one transaction, 1 in another.) I love them. Great dress pants. I like them more than my J. Crew dress pants. Which is saying something!

Comment

Went with the Stafford navy cotton jacket from jcp, in my latest attempt to keep them from going out of business.

I had purchased the Claiborne one and initially passed on the Stafford, but after giving the Stafford a second look... I changed my mind. The fit of the jacket is just about perfect for me off the rack (the arms are a tinge too long, but not absurdly so) and it's casual enough to fit in with my overall casual wardrobe.

Very pleased with it especially for the price. Got a lot of compliments about it from my wife and coworkers, too.

Comment

JCP ultimate khaki in gray. They had a bunch on clearance in some really weird sizes though. Lots of 48x36, 42x30, 44x38. Seems like weird sizes to have for something that is more on the slim side. I'm ridiculously impressed with the pants. I've recently tried ones from JCrew, BR, and Bonobos and the JCP are way better IMO. The only ones I've tried on that were better were some AG from Nordstrom that were like 150.

Comment

Working...
                                X