Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered the Loake Pimlico in chocolate suede from Pediwear: http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/5631.php

Slowly but surely filling out the shoe collection.

Comment

2 1901 shirts for $7.49 and $14.95 at the Rack.
      1 Hugo Slim Fit shirt for $29 at the Rack.
      1 Orange JCP sweater on clearance at JCP for $8.
      1 ESQ Beacon watch(Black, since I already have blue/silver) for $132 on EBay.

Comment

Got a coupla 30-pct off FINAL SALE J. Crew shirts at the store. A tattersall-like secret wash and a "washed red" OCBD. Gotta love those FINAL SALES and those washed shirts.

I had a hard time though. I almost fell in love with the Liberty microdot navy blue shirt. Was torn between that at $88 and the two shirts for $60.

I guess I'm just cheap, but I have a real hard time paying full retail anymore. I have to be truly in love with something to do that. Close on the microdot but not quite.

Comment

Originally posted by TomasR View Post
          Just ordered the Loake Pimlico in chocolate suede from Pediwear: http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/5631.php

Slowly but surely filling out the shoe collection.
          Nice, I actually got a package from Pediwear today too. These arrived
          http://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockett/products/510.php
          to go in the Hallams I got from the Edwards of Manchester sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
            Fred- When I was doing some research on C&J's, I came across a post from you in SF where you said you had the Westbournes. When you get a chance, if you can post pics and a quick review of the Hallam vs. Westbourne I'd greatly appreciate it. SF thread is here for reference:http://www.styleforum.net/t/293101/c...-vs-wesrbourne

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
              Those are some baller ass shoe trees for some baller ass shoes.

How long did it take for your order to arrive? No idea how long Pediwear's shipping to the US typically takes.

Comment

@shift and void- I got mine in the white canvas. Never had them before and saw a review on another site - gave it great marks. Sad part is the review said the could be had as low as $25 but I paid $63 at zappos - and they were on sale!

Comment

Originally posted by AJG Esq View Post
                  Fred- When I was doing some research on C&J's, I came across a post from you in SF where you said you had the Westbournes. When you get a chance, if you can post pics and a quick review of the Hallam vs. Westbourne I'd greatly appreciate it. SF thread is here for reference:http://www.styleforum.net/t/293101/c...-vs-wesrbourne
                  Sure, I'll post a pic tomorrow. They are both on the same last (348) so the fit is the same. I have the Westbournes in chestnut, the Hallams in black, and the Lowndes in brown on that last.

How long did it take for your order to arrive? No idea how long Pediwear's shipping to the US typically takes.
                  It shipped Royal Mail and took 10 days.

Comment

Just got my BR trench coat that I ordered a month ago. It's darker (as stated in reviews), has some shine (not liking that part) and might fit bigger than it is. I'm a 36R, but I failed to see that this is traditional fit, not tailored, so the small is bigger than I'd like. Shoulders fit well, but sleeves are too long, goes all the way down half my palms w/ a t-shirt on (wfh in pajamas, will try with a shirt later on). It also has too many buttons, one for each pocket and the belt has that fake leather buckle w/ metallic hole look, which gives it a weird look. I'll dress up tonight and try it again, but i'll probably have to return it for XS or refund.

Comment

Since I'm in the rebuilding phase of the wardrobe- some of my recent purchases:

-JCP Claiborne Athens Navy Jacket and pants - I'm taking my chances on the arm holes
                      -Giorgio Brutini tan double monks
                      -Lands End Harringbone plain front trousers
                      -Target Pea Coat (Olive Drab)
                      -Levi's 505s in tumbled Ridge
                      -Ray Ban Wayfayers (New) in tortoise
                      -Thomas Cotton belt from Maxton Men (Brown)
                      -Old Navy Linen/Coton trousers in gray (figure I'll take a chance)
                      -Old Navy Blue plaid Linen/Cotton oxford
                      -Macy's Alfani Code Red Gray suit (peaked lapels) - fit seems good and I'll live with the shoulder pads-

Comment

I've had orders take as short as a week and some take as long as six weeks from the time they ship them (which is usually within a week if they have them in stock). The delay is entirely up to how long they sit in US Customs.

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
                          -Lands End Harringbone plain front trousers
                          How do you like them? I was thinking about grabbing some. How thick is the material?

Comment

@ BJmcgeever- don't know yet, ordered them online so I'll keep it updated - I figured at that price and I don't have anything like it I just need to jump on it. I did get them in a 31.5 inseam- so that was a bit risky on my part. I better like like them as a winter pant!

Comment

I just got a pair of Sperry boats in Sahara- not a lot of good sales going on right now for them but I settled on getting them for $55 - seems like the best deal and I wanted something that would be flexible in jeans, chino and linen. I'm thinking the these will round out my summer shoes although ... there is a pair of espadrilles that I found ... I think these would get me out of my sandals but since I have the Supergas it's hard to justify espadrilles even if they are only $40... Plus, I've never worn anything like these so comfort is a concern ... but if I do it I'm thinking the jean color... anyone have a pair of ropey soles?
                              Last edited by ajk170; February 23, 2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Added a couple Tie Bar ties and squares to my ties - I'm working off of this article to build onto my tie collection (I haven't seen anything in the archives from Joe on the topic) but this is pretty good (mods- if this link isn't allowed, my bad)

Tie Bar ties:
                                -midnight navy silk knit
                                -grenafaux in black (If I like it enough I'll eventually upgrade to the real deal)
                                -white linen square with black border
                                -a micro in silk and linen square
                                -Slip-on Tie bar- never sported one of these but really like the look

I'm having a little bit of buyers remorse now that I saw a white cotton with black border and hand rolled edges at Nordstroms online for $12.5 and a solid white linen with rolled edges for $15 - to get the cost down a bit I could get a card from cardpool and use ebates and they'd be closer to Tie Bar's prices - might do it on the cotton... not sure...
                                Last edited by ajk170; February 23, 2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X