Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on this blazer? I was considering picking it up during the LE sale.

Comment

Not my thing, it's very sportsy though, and I think you may be able to pull it off because of your build. But you'd still IMO risk looking like an out of place safari guide. Grab the navy linen blazer instead!!!

Comment

@ vicious- I agree with LosRockets- that blazer is rather sporty- I would like it since I'm into skeet, trap and bird hunting and have places/environments that it would be at home. If I saw that jacket in an urban setting and it wasn't at a cigar bar- it would look out of place. Certain other settings might work in an urban environment but they would be few.

Comment

It's a shooting/hunting jacket. I just think being out in the country shooting things when I look at it. It has a rugged look to it too. I don't think it belongs in the city.

Comment

Vicious - I'd lean more towards this one: http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-tail...242842_-1.html

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
              Vicious - I'd lean more towards this one: http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-tail...242842_-1.html
              Im going to second Jeffs selection Viscious. The hunting jacket just seems out of pocket.
              "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
              I>0<I

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I kind of like the British countryside look of it. I might give it a go, if for nothing else than to see how an LE blazer fits me for future reference. I only have to drive about 8 miles to return it. I am actually going shooting clays next weekend so maybe I can try it out then if it arrives in time.

Even though I'm in Northern VA, I live in the suburbs about 30 miles west of DC. I go another 5-10 miles west and there's lots of countryside. So I should have some opportunities to wear it.

Jeff - I really liked that one too until I saw it in person at the store a few weeks ago. I didn't like the color and design as much in person.

Comment

Lambswool mockneck sweater like this only in navy. $20

Vintage slim wheat/white jeans like this only last summer's model (inside tag reads SU12) $25

Like... SCORE! These things have been on my want list for a while now.

Hitting the clearance store is a lot like thrifting. 95 percent of the time I never find a thing. Or if I do, the thing is not in good shape--torn, discolored, etc. It is rare to find something in perfect condition, on my want list, and at a great price.

Comment

I think RiveDroit purchased the one jeff linked and shared pics to it if anybody is interested. I didn't like how it looks up close.

Comment

So you guys are really impressed with my score, eh? Oh, well... I'm impressed. I'm wearing those things tomorrow... white jeans with the navy mockneck and probably a striped OCBD underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                        So you guys are really impressed with my score, eh? Oh, well... I'm impressed. I'm wearing those things tomorrow... white jeans with the navy mockneck and probably a striped OCBD underneath.
                        You got those JCrew goods for those prices? Crazy steals! Gratz, man!

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                          Lambswool mockneck sweater like this only in navy. $20
                          Careful with the sweater. The same one lasted me less than a month with a huge hole appearing in the left elbow. I contacted J.Crew and they issued a refund so no harm done.

Comment

Originally posted by aks View Post
                            Careful with the sweater. The same one lasted me less than a month with a huge hole appearing in the left elbow. I contacted J.Crew and they issued a refund so no harm done.
                            Wow. You must have been kind of rough on that sweater. A lot of elbow bending at the bar?

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                              You got those JCrew goods for those prices? Crazy steals! Gratz, man!
                              Sometimes the clearance store rocks. I got my fireman's jacket and my bayswater pea coat there, each for around $40 bucks.

Comment

I blame the person that posted the oatmeal sweater thread. I just grabbed this with Bonobos credit.

Comment

Working...
                                X