Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a Christmas giftcard still unused so I went picked these things up today:

Levi 508s from JCP
    2 Extra Fine Merino Wool Sweaters from BR (on sale plus 40% off)
    A couple of those JCP Crewnecks (redish/salmon and the blue/cream striped one) that Joe mentioned earlier this week
    JCP Scarf (4$) on clearance
    H&M Shawl collar sweater, navy crewneck, and Hoodie since they had a student discount code and 30% off one item

Comment

J. Crew Lambswool Crewneck Sweater in heather indigo, medium, for 20 bucks!

Haylard Stripe Button Hoodie for 15 bucks!

I have much love for the Crew. And while I'm not much of a hoodie guy (in fact, this is my first hoodie in about forever), there is just something a lot of fun about this one. I couldn't resist.

Comment

Just copped these Allen edmonds Amsterdams (bourbon Mcallister). GREAT deal as far as I'm concerned ($140 shipped new)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmond...vip=true&rt=nc

Also this Casio - $35 shipped!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-CASI...vip=true&rt=nc
        Last edited by Margotron; February 3, 2013, 08:54 PM.

Comment

@jmp - I stopped by JCP to try on that blazer yesterday for the 2nd time; It fit ok, but I had dimples in the shoulders, and ultimately decided against it; even at $24, it just didn't fit me right. That's a great buy if it fits you.

@Pitt - nice haul! How do the 508's fit, compared to the 514/501? I saw those JCP crewnecks too; might need to pick up the light red one.

@margotron - nice buy on those Amsterdams! Beautiful looking shoe.

Comment

Margotron - Nice pickup with those AE's.

Comment

I ordered these over the weekend. Only planning on keeping 1 (if any). I wanted something I could wear in the rain so I think the Aberdeen's would be better but not sure how I feel about the looks. Thoughts?

Aberdeen

MacNeil

Comment

This is more a question about a future purchase than a recent purchase, but...

Everyone agrees that these sunglasses don't look good on me. I'm about to buy a new pair of glasses and am torn between the "Brooks Brothers Sunglasses" on Nordstrom and a pair of New Wayfarers in Tortoise with brown lenses, but I need to know:

The AE Original Pilots pictured below are 55 mm - is 55 mm the right size, or would 52 mm fit? I'm asking because the Brooks Brothers Sunglasses only come in 52 mm, but I like them more since they are more angular, which fits with my general aethetic/the angularness of my face.

Comment

@vicious - if rain is really your concern, the Aberdeen. You could always look for a combo tapped sole like mine?

I think they look good. And 55 is 100% the right size.

New wayfarer > brooks

Comment

Originally posted by hon140 View Post
                    This is more a question about a future purchase than a recent purchase, but...

Everyone agrees that these sunglasses don't look good on me. I'm about to buy a new pair of glasses and am torn between the "Brooks Brothers Sunglasses" on Nordstrom and a pair of New Wayfarers in Tortoise with brown lenses, but I need to know:

The AE Original Pilots pictured below are 55 mm - is 55 mm the right size, or would 52 mm fit? I'm asking because the Brooks Brothers Sunglasses only come in 52 mm, but I like them more since they are more angular, which fits with my general aethetic/the angularness of my face.

Nothing wrong with those AEs that I can tell. In fact, I'm going to grab some myself before spring comes and I'm out in the sun more. I think they're classic, and the military styling is very cool. Hard to tell about the size from your photo--can you give us a bigger image? But I wouldn't think going to 52mm would make much difference.

Comment

Vicious - where did you order that Orient Millenium for $165? I've been looking for that watch, but haven't been able to find it for that low.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenhorn View Post
                        Vicious - where did you order that Orient Millenium for $165? I've been looking for that watch, but haven't been able to find it for that low.
                        They had a sale going the day I placed my order. It looks like due to that, it's now on backorder.
                        http://www.discountwatchstore.com/Or...h_p_30545.html

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                          Nothing wrong with those AEs that I can tell. In fact, I'm going to grab some myself before spring comes and I'm out in the sun more. I think they're classic, and the military styling is very cool. Hard to tell about the size from your photo--can you give us a bigger image? But I wouldn't think going to 52mm would make much difference.
                          I *think* some folks (including myself) have seen good ol' Don Draper wearing his (REs, actually, right? - basically the same thing, IMO) seemingly much tighter/smaller-framed. I know when I first got my 55 AOs, I thought they were too big; most likely due to the impression left from Drapes. I bet he had 52s on. Either that or he has a pretty big dome.

Regardless, I think those look great on you, bud (hon140). I say rock 'em!

Oh, and tortoise w/*green* lenses are my fave New Wayfarers, but to each their own. I'd vote to buy those too! That pair of AOs and RBs is a pretty sweet sunglasses setup. Switch 'em up.
                          Last edited by yoyorobbo; February 4, 2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Sperry Top-Sider Boat Oxford Wingtip for $59.99. Got them in today and they look great and are very comfortable.

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/prod...&pid=263872002

Comment

Just received my JCrew factory shipment yesterday. Nothing too special, but I picked up a gingham and two tattersall shirts with the intent to breathe a bit more variety into my rotation of solids/mini stripes. I also ordered a watch a while back that was a part of a deal someone posted on the forums here (Seiko SSB049). Looking forward to mixing them in with my usual.

Comment

Picked these up a local thrift store, no idea what brand though:

Comment

Working...
                                X