Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the confirming the good deal- I went through AAFES (military exchange)- on sale for $200 and a promo they have for $5 bucks off gets them at $195 with no tax and free shipping. I really considered the black ones but it's hard to justify when my J&Ms (albeit not as nice and probably less life than A&Es) are perfectly fine - and maybe get a resole out of them (J&Ms that is) to extend thier life when that day comes. So the burnished brown seemed like the next logical step to add to the wardrobe.

Comment

I happened upon my local H&M and found a brown tweed blazer and a pair of monk strap brown boots both for 50% off! Total was $75. I'll post pics when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
        Thanks for the confirming the good deal- I went through AAFES (military exchange)- on sale for $200 and a promo they have for $5 bucks off gets them at $195 with no tax and free shipping. I really considered the black ones but it's hard to justify when my J&Ms (albeit not as nice and probably less life than A&Es) are perfectly fine - and maybe get a resole out of them (J&Ms that is) to extend thier life when that day comes. So the burnished brown seemed like the next logical step to add to the wardrobe.
        Damn, I wish I still had access to an AAFES. I used to get some nice things, e.g., sunglasses, in the military clothing store. Now I'm not anywhere near a base or post. And I don't have all that much time left on my VSI status.

Comment

Today: another Moleskine notebook, this one the pocket-sized. I need two this year. Pocket-sized for jotting lists and quick notes, etc. Large one for bigger writing.

Comment

Here we go. And sorry, the dressing room mirror was spotty.

Comment

@Furious Styles, that looks like $75 well spent!

Comment

My beater suit from ebay just arrived. It's a Zara one I got on the cheap, had no idea about the fabric, turns out it's a wool-silk blend, looks and feels nice, happy with it but might not hold up that well as a beater piece. Trousers need to be hemmed and the waist let out a bit, jacket sleeves shortened just a tad and it will be perfect! Pictures coming in WIWT once it's done!

Comment

I just picked up a new blue duffle bag ($62) and tie bar ($14) from the big Rugby Ralph Lauren sale. I'm not crazy about the "R" logo, but I think it is subtle enough to not be obnoxious. And the deep discount convinced me to give these a shot.

Comment

Probably not the most dapper find, but I was able to get a pair of navy Converse sneakers for $25, while they're usually $60 where I live.

Comment

Great buy! I have never been a Marshall's. I may have to stop in on one soon!

Originally posted by alan View Post
                      This could be interesting...

Here's the pink Brooks Brothers tie I bought from Marshalls on Wednesday for $12:

Comment

Just ordered an Orient Millennium for $165. Can't wait for it to get here. I can't remember which thread it was, but someone posted a pic of theirs on here a few weeks ago and I've been wanting it ever since.

Comment

Vicious 49...great buy. I've wanted one for a while but I find it hard to take notes in class on my lap top while wearing a watch so I haven't pulled the trigger.

As for the topic of the thread...I picked up the jcp blazer for $24 tonight. They only had a small and it is a little tight in the shoulders but perfect in the body. At that price I will make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by jmp4080 View Post
                            Vicious 49...great buy. I've wanted one for a while but I find it hard to take notes in class on my lap top while wearing a watch so I haven't pulled the trigger.

As for the topic of the thread...I picked up the jcp blazer for $24 tonight. They only had a small and it is a little tight in the shoulders but perfect in the body. At that price I will make it work.
                            This would violate my "don't buy it just because of the price if it doesn't fit you perfectly" rule.

Comment

I think it was just paranoia because I never fit into a small. Once I got it home and was reassured by the gf and photos online its fine.

Comment

So I kind of went on a Bonobos splurge because I'm getting almost $1500 back on my taxes. This was my first experience with Bonobos btw.
                                I also had a $25 credit and took advantage of the 30% off on a pair of jeans, and 25% off on some chinos for being a student.

I'm typically a 32x33. I tried the slim fit chinos in a 32x32 and a 32x34 first.
                                Taper wasn't flattering on me because I don't have chicken legs. 32 length was too short and 34 too long. These were also a little too loose in the waist.

Bonobos customer service was great and let me exchange this style for the straight fit style, so I could still have the 25% off. WOOO!
                                They even shipped out the replacements before I returned the other pairs!

I decided to size down in the straight fit and ordered a 31x34. After 2 wash/dryer cycles these shrunk up to fit perfectly everywhere including the length!
                                I am incredibly happy with my purchase! Even at $66 a pair.
                                http://www.bonobos.com/khaki-straigh...men-the-khakis
                                http://www.bonobos.com/tan-straight-...raham-slackers

I also ordered these jeans in a 31x34 for $48. I may have been able to get away with a 30x34 but I don't like my jeans skin tight.
                                http://www.bonobos.com/dark-wash-str...men-blue-ridge
                                After a few wash cycles these also shrunk, but I still might need to get the length hemmed a bit, undecided at this point, will try to shrink more.

LOVE BONOBOS!
                                42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X