This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
    Well, you're brave, at least. Not only do I never venture into ON but I also run in the opposite direction. I think you would be better served by saving the money you spent on those things and spending it on just one good quality pair of chinos somewhere else.
    Nah. Jessys a smaller dude and that can make finding clothes difficult. Cheaper clothes have a bad rap for no reason really. I have clothes from places like ON and H&M that have lasted for years and years.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I don't mind cheaper. I buy stuff on sale at J. Crew all the time. But ON's quality is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
        Nah. Jessys a smaller dude and that can make finding clothes difficult. Cheaper clothes have a bad rap for no reason really. I have clothes from places like ON and H&M that have lasted for years and years.
        Truth. I've got some ON slim jeans that were $22 that are just perfect.

Comment

I don't mind cheaper. I buy stuff on sale at J. Crew all the time. But ON's quality is terrible.
          Yeah, I get the argument. It has been debated quite a lot here. I, for one, am on the side of typically buying more expensive the first time rather than cheaper (as I expect the quality to be terrible). My experience does not support that argument, however. I know others have, maybe I just take care of things differently, but I've never had a quality control issue with ON or similarly cheap outlets. I'm often not huge on their styling, but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase if something fit correctly in a style I like.
          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Just added this to my watch collection. I am looking to get a dressier band, but not sure if I want to go OEM ($$$$) or third party. I need to take it to an AD to see if it is completely original.

Comment

Well, you're brave, at least. Not only do I never venture into ON but I also run in the opposite direction. I think you would be better served by saving the money you spent on those things and spending it on just one good quality pair of chinos somewhere else.
              I'm working out a lot these days and my weight is shifting quite a bit. I didn't fit in most of my size 28 pants and needed a few pairs. I don't know if I'll be the same size in six months, so quality is not my main concern at the moment.

Comment

I've had great luck with Old Navy over the years. Everything from jeans to gym shorts to hoodies to chinos. If anything I would say their quality has gotten better.

Comment

Rummaged through the clearance stuff at jcp and after much deliberation, came away with two solid items.

First, this nifty pattern poplin in "Striking Red". The red is not super strong, but the overall pattern was a win. Fits well, and after a wash the fabric softened up considerably.

Also went with a pair of their chinos in navy. They're casual and the fit is very close to their slim straight jean, which I also love. Really wanted these in grey too, but the fit was inconsistent between colors - navy looked great, grey was super baggy. The navy is a slightly brighter blue that I can carry into summer.

Good stuff. They've made me a believer.

Comment

A new Moleskine Classic Large Plain Notebook (5 x 8.25). I count it as an accessory. Like I said, I like to write things down.

I buy a new Moleskine notebook every year. Usually it's a pocket sized. This year I went for the larger one.

Comment

Originally posted by alittlestyle View Post
                      Rummaged through the clearance stuff at jcp and after much deliberation, came away with two solid items.

First, this nifty pattern poplin in "Striking Red". The red is not super strong, but the overall pattern was a win. Fits well, and after a wash the fabric softened up considerably.

Also went with a pair of their chinos in navy. They're casual and the fit is very close to their slim straight jean, which I also love. Really wanted these in grey too, but the fit was inconsistent between colors - navy looked great, grey was super baggy. The navy is a slightly brighter blue that I can carry into summer.

Agree. I checked out the shirts and other things in the store today. I especially like the shirts. I'm going back later this week to cop a few of them. Not as much a believer in the sweaters and other things, though.

Comment

Originally posted by alittlestyle View Post

Agree. I checked out the shirts and other things in the store today. I especially like the shirts. I'm going back later this week to cop a few of them. Not as much a believer in the sweaters and other things, though.
                        Funny fellas, I, too, went to jcp and picked up one of the gingham (light blue) shirts for $14 and the Stafford Cap toes for $36. The Cap toes are really comfy but I want to "enhance" them. Along the lines of what Joe did to the Stafford wingtips. The issue is after a few steps, they creased right behind the cap and the crease is lighter than the deep rich brown. Is there any creme, rag, brush, whatever that anyone can recommend that I use?

Comment

I have this, I imagine it'd work: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1 (dark brown)

Comment

Will, I feel pretty good about this one- Allen Edmonds Strands in burnished brown- brand new, just below $200. Good deal or could I have done better? This is my first pair of these - I have a pair of J&Ms better cap toes in black but not their customs- thier OK, served me well for the last 8 years (Almost never wear them- job doesn't require it). Thought these burnished browns were dark enough to sub as a black if I wanted to...
                            Last edited by ajk170; January 28, 2013, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
                              Will, I feel pretty good about this one- Allen Edmonds Strands in burnished brown- brand new, just below $200. Good deal or could I have done better? This is my first pair of these - I have a pair of J&Ms better cap toes in black but not their customs- thier OK, served me well for the last 8 years (Almost never wear them- job doesn't require it). Thought these burnished browns were dark enough to sub as a black if I wanted to...
                              Nice score, ajk! Where'd you get them from?

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
                                I don't know about subbing for black, but that's a good price on the Strands. Except for seconds, the cheapest I've ever seen them is $199 at the Nordstrom sale. Enjoy them!

Comment

Working...
                                X