Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Greg. His stuff definitely looks awesome (a few of those card size wallets are very enticing), but definitely out of my budget. Maybe in the future

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
      @tdig, yep. I don't keep that cover on it. I have a stand that it hangs on day to day. I never considered taking it apart, seems like more work than it's worth. I'm also not "into" shaving; as in I don't read shave forums or anything. I just like how my face looks and feels after using it.
      When I got mine I watched one youtube video and the guy was a stickler for emphasizing taking it apart and wiping it down between shaves. I just assumed that everyone did that at that point. Never really thought twice until I saw your post.
      My cocktail videos >

Comment

I have a Merkur Futur Double Edge Safety Razor that I have combined with Feather blades and you can't ask for a more wonderful shave. I would second the Feather blades as mentioned above to others.

Comment

Really like the razor cover. Will have to look into getting one of those myslef.

Thanks for the warm welcome, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by tdig View Post
            When I got mine I watched one youtube video and the guy was a stickler for emphasizing taking it apart and wiping it down between shaves. I just assumed that everyone did that at that point. Never really thought twice until I saw your post.
            I'm no expert but I just rinse it out at the end and hang it on my stand. There hasn't been any hair or buildup in the razor when I replace them.
            "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Best purchase of 2013 so far! Found these knit ties for $1.50, or pound each, incredible! Sure, they are probably polyester, but you can't beat this on price, and the colors are really nice! Check em out!

Comment

Originally posted by RiveDroit View Post

Shirt and checked pants were from Banana Republic B&M Clearance rack, $15 and 30.
                Great finds! I have those same BR pants. They are not my typical *look*, but I've been digging them quite a bit, actually. Something a little different now and then to mix things up.

Comment

These are all recent purchases

Shirt: Gap
                  Pants: Gap Lived-In Slim (my guess is that these are moleskin. LOVE IT.)
                  Shoes: Charcoal Vans Slip-ons.

Don't know whether these all go together or not, but threw em on for the pic.

Comment

Btw, pants I picked up for about $22 after tax. Open to thoughts on the fit.

How would you guys wear these pants?

Comment

New Allen Edmonds mctavish! W00t.

Comment

My first eBay experience could not have gone better. Got a pair of AE Kenilworths in the dark brown burnished color and the J Crew Ludlow Yorkshire tweed blazer in heather gray. With shipping I came in under $300 and both pieces are basically new. Judging by sole wear, the Kenilworths had been worn 6 times at most and the uppers looked brand new after a cleaning, conditioning and polish.

Really sold on eBay as the ideal middle ground between thrifting (time-consuming) and waiting out sales (annoying).

Comment

Filofax Finchley personal organizer in black. I still believe in writing things like addresses and phone numbers and other important information down on paper.

Comment

Recently bought some pants from Old Navy. For reference, I'm a 30 in Levi's and 29-30 in LEC pants, usually a 29 in Gap/ON stuff.

Straight-Leg Cords (Link is from Old Navy Canada)
                            Great cords for the price, fit is nice, not too slim, not too loose, quality is okay. Bought them in Carbon, 29x30.

Slim-Fit Khakis
                            Slimmer than the cords, but not constricting at the thigh. Very narrow opening, not ideal for boots. Fabric is on the lighter side, not the best for Canadian winter. Still a great pair of slim pants. Bought them in Lively Ivy, 29x30.

Broken-In Khakis
                            These are terrible. Very loose, waist is at least two sizes too big. Maybe if you size down a lot, they would be decent? Bought then in Uniform Blue, 29x30.

Comment

Scored J&M Headley Chocolate Suede Chukkas for $40 at their factory store last weekend.

Comment

Well, you're brave, at least. Not only do I never venture into ON but I also run in the opposite direction. I think you would be better served by saving the money you spent on those things and spending it on just one good quality pair of chinos somewhere else.

Originally posted by Jessy Diamond View Post
                                Recently bought some pants from Old Navy. For reference, I'm a 30 in Levi's and 29-30 in LEC pants, usually a 29 in Gap/ON stuff.

Straight-Leg Cords (Link is from Old Navy Canada)
                                Great cords for the price, fit is nice, not too slim, not too loose, quality is okay. Bought them in Carbon, 29x30.

Slim-Fit Khakis
                                Slimmer than the cords, but not constricting at the thigh. Very narrow opening, not ideal for boots. Fabric is on the lighter side, not the best for Canadian winter. Still a great pair of slim pants. Bought them in Lively Ivy, 29x30.

Broken-In Khakis
                                These are terrible. Very loose, waist is at least two sizes too big. Maybe if you size down a lot, they would be decent? Bought then in Uniform Blue, 29x30.

Comment

Working...
                                X