Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went back to J Crew this evening to double check and see what else they had on clearance. Ended up picking up two more shirts (blue and blue/white stripe). With the discounts, I got all three for the cost of one standard Thomas Mason shirt. I'll take it!

Comment

Pulled the trigger on the L.L. Bean Signature field coat I mentioned in another thread. The reviews say the fit is very slim, which is both unusual and, for me, highly desirable in a field coat. British Millerain outer + removable wool liner + slim fit + sale price + L.L. Bean lifetime guarantee = too good a deal for me to turn down. I've had my eyes peeled for the right field jacket since I watched Skyfall.
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by mdwsta4 View Post
        Went back to J Crew this evening to double check and see what else they had on clearance. Ended up picking up two more shirts (blue and blue/white stripe). With the discounts, I got all three for the cost of one standard Thomas Mason shirt. I'll take it!
        Nice! I only have one Thomas Mason J Crew shirt but the fabric and cut are both really nice. Great deal!

Comment

Splurged last night with the BR 40% already reduced items and picked up this single button velvet blazer in black $179.99 down to $107, a silk herringbone pocket square in navy for $15, and a brown plaque leather belt for $25

I was thinking about trading the pocket square in for this nice paisley one I didn't see before. Thoughts?

Comment

Just went a little nordstrom happy but was able to get a pair of bonobos travel jeans for $50, and picked up some merino sweaters in black, light gray and charchol to fill the v-neck void I've been having at $30 each all in all I guess I did alright price wise

Comment

Had a good day thrifting: Got a dress shirts from Hugo Boss and Banana Republic and a Brooks Brothers argyle sweater. Total: $25!

Comment

Picked up a pair of slacks from Express: Grey pinstripe, in the photographer style for roughly $20 after tax. Not sure of the fit yet (6'1", 150-160 lbs), gonna let the wife check out how they look from behind before I decide whether to keep or not.

Anybody have any comments on how pants from Express hold up? Haven't noticed a ton about them in my lurking.

Comment

Here's a quick photo...not much detail. How's the fit look, gentlemen?

Comment

Found a pair of these "get shit done" Wolverine boots at Marshalls for $26. Sometimes you just need a pair of real workin' boots in Minnesota weather, and I couldn't pass them up at that price.

Comment

@josh - I like the look of the express pants. They're too long, you'll want to have them hemmed up a bit, and you'll achieve a much crisper look.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
                        @josh - I like the look of the express pants. They're too long, you'll want to have them hemmed up a bit, and you'll achieve a much crisper look.
                        Thanks, Jeff. How versatile are these with the pinstripes, in your opinion? My shirts tend to be striped/plaid...ed.

Comment

Well, I am critical by nature, so nothing personal. For my taste, I would take them up just a tad to break a little cleaner over the shoe- not so much so that it looks embarrassing when sitting down. And the font pockets may "pul'/pucker" a little too much for my taste as well. I think I would ask a tailor to see if the can let anything out a tad to get the pockets to lay flat. They do not appear to be any pulling across the front so that's good. My 2cents - hope it helps

Comment

Picked up 2 J Crew Thomas Mason shirts this weekend on sale then sale again then another 15% off discount and paid total $80 for 2 shirts, one solid white and another blue banker stripe.
                            My cocktail videos >

Comment

Got these this weekend. Can't wait for Spring.

Comment

Via FMF, found a seller on eBay selling some nice, inexpensive ties overseas. I ended up paying $40 for 10 ties, shipped.
                                They're definitely not Brooks Brothers level, but at that price, I was able to pick out some more colorful ties.

Comment

Working...
                                X