This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    Reweaving is just not worth it as you said unless it's some high end custom bespoke suit or something.
    I've only done it once. I caught the pocket of the Armani tux I got married in on a doorknob. I just went to Barney's, asked who they recommended, and took it to her to fix. This was a while ago, but I think it was $75 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by AJG Esq View Post
      Those are beautiful, but the laces seem too thick to me. Then again, I like replacing all my dress shoe laces with the thin waxed ones from AE.
      Alden wingtip bals $474
      http://www.aldenshop.com/Store/DrawP...ageID=&Action=
      AE laces $1.50
      http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

Acousticfoodie for the win!

Comment

I had a little party in the Target clearance section today.

Two striped crew-neck sweaters at $10 each.

V-neck t-shirt for $7.

Slim-fit cargo pants (yeah I know) for $9.

And some beeswax leather desert boots for $50 (not on sale). I'm surprised by the quality on these... they don't seem any cheaper or flimsier than the Clarks Bushacres I've tried on several times. In fact, they are actually much more comfortable than the Clarks - and better-looking. But $50 still seems expensive for Target shoes and I'm undecided on whether to return or not.

Last edited by LesserBlackDog; January 2, 2013, 05:56 PM.
        Ben

Comment

BenR, I would return them solely based on the awful appearance. Sorry. On a more positive note, the Target v-necks are surprisingly good. I bought a few over the summer and they held up well enough to wear next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
            BenR, I would return them solely based on the awful appearance. Sorry. On a more positive note, the Target v-necks are surprisingly good. I bought a few over the summer and they held up well enough to wear next year.
            +1, I have the regular clark DBs and the target ones neither felt or looked as good (to me). I got mine for 60 on amazon so it was a miniscule difference really.

Comment

I scored the BR peacoat for $80 in the 40% off after Christmas sale. Really loving it.
              Last edited by auronblue; January 2, 2013, 09:25 PM. Reason: Miss spelled

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                BenR, I would return them solely based on the awful appearance. Sorry.
                Love you too, sweet pea. :-P

Actually I have decided to return them anyway. I wore them around the house a little and have noticed that the left shoe's sole feels uneven under my feet... like the back left part of the heel is taller than the rest.

I get discount coupons e-mailed to me from Shoebuy.com all the time, so I guess I will just wait to snag a 25-30% discount and get the regular Bushacres there. I haven't bought from Shoebuy in a long time, but they actually carry the size I need in Beeswax (7.5), unlike most other retailers I've looked at.
                Ben

Comment

Went thrifting/ got in a target shipment. Album: http://imgur.com/a/PJsgZ#0
                  In order:
                  1. Thrifted Alan Paine 100% Camel Hair sweater, has some serious pilling but cost $4 and I believe can be salvaged.
                  2. Thrifted trenchcoat, says U.S. Army Raingear inside. Feels pretty solid, anyone know more about this?
                  3. Target Kensington Blazer in M. Trying to decide between keep for the Thom Browne effect or return.
                  4. Shot to show jacket length....definitely short, but I may keep to play with other looks. Opinions?
                  5 + 6. Rag & Bone x Target Cardigan, M. I can't believe they consider that and the blazer the same size. This is a little wide through the body, opinions?

I'm 6'1.5" 180 lbs, 41in chest for size reference. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Love you too, sweet pea. :-P

Actually I have decided to return them anyway. I wore them around the house a little and have noticed that the left shoe's sole feels uneven under my feet... like the back left part of the heel is taller than the rest.
                    Aw, shucks...Go on.

You made the right choice. Clarks are $60-70 new on sale, and they're a classic shoe.

Comment

I posted a pic of these in WIWT but figured I'd post them here too. Picked up the AE Cascades last week during the AE sale. I needed something for rain/slush/light snow. These fit the bill and might be my most comfortable pair of shoes so far. I got the brown pair but AE also makes them in black.

Comment

BenR - Thanks for the Target tip. Just got back from there. I picked up a sweater for $10 and a thermal crew for $11. It sucks that they didn't have much selection left in a size M.
                        Last edited by Vicious49; January 3, 2013, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Thought that this would be worthy of posting for recent purchases: blue AE neumoks for $150 via Amazon Warehouse deals, no visible defects

Comment

J Crew had some Thomas Mason shirts on clearance. Regular price $135 marked down to $60 and then 30% off on top of that! Ended up costing only $42 before tax. Wish they had more styles as I would have bought them all up.

Comment

Where did you find them for $60?! Lowest price I can find is $90.

Comment

In store, not online. Specifically in Santa Monica, CA.

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                                Where did you find them for $60?! Lowest price I can find is $90.

Comment

Working...
                                X