• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks @JScoope

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
    #StayDapper

Comment

Pulled the trigger on a pair of Meermin Double Monks. Now the waiting begins...

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@SDot - No worries. I will say they look a hell of a lot better in person than they do online. And I dunno if you're familiar with Cole Haan but they run 1/2 size small. I'm usually a 12 but in all 5 pairs of C.H. I wear a 11.5, even the boots.

Comment

I pulled the trigger on my first pair of Meermins as well. The brown semi brogues. They arrive on election day!

Comment

@tdig and Ryan : it would be nice if you could do a review with some pictures. I might buy a pair for my birthday in a few months.

Comment

@jessy i plan to post plenty of pics once they arrive. just ordered today though and it will take at least 30 days I am told.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

What size did you all order your Meermin's in? I'm really looking forward to find out how they fit most people compared to the AE 5 last.

Comment

im a 9.5US and ordered 8.5UK

My cocktail videos >

Comment

So, I'm a little frustrated. I bought a pair of AO Original Pilots, which I loved in theory, but I'm just not sure if they're my thing. Admittedly, I'm waaaaaay past due for a haircut (I like it about 5-6 weeks shorter than this, before the wave starts developing over my forehead), but I don't think that'll change my mind, cause I still leave a lot. I don't know if its my hair that makes me think that or just that I feel my face looks too young for them (I'm only a 1st year grad student, and that's with skipping a grade in high school).

What do people think, should I return them in favor of something that doesn't have wire frames? Maybe Tortoiseshell something? Thoughts?

Here's me wearing the glasses (warning! webcam photo)

Here's me without

Comment

http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-me...237224_-1.html

40% off at 35 bucks.

Comment

Navy herringbone jacket from GAP came today. I really like it and will keep it. For 63 dollars, it fits the bill.

Comment

I think they're just not the right shape/fit for your face, hon140. Sunglasses are tricky, and those sit a little high on your nose. If you like the style but not the fit, you might try Ray Ban Caravans, which fit a little differently (you can usually order them through Amazon with free shipping and returns).

Comment

I agree with Brooklyn. They just don't sit well on your face. But I have to admit...they almost look photoshopped. Maybe its the quaility of the camera! Ha!

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
                            -Maximus

Comment

I pulled the trigger and bought my first pair of red-hued pants: Target Merona tailored chinos with coordinated socks. The chinos were $19 on clearance and fit great. Their slim-fit cords in the same size barely made it up my thighs. Go figure.

http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...o/-/A-13765022

Comment

That's a big help guys, glad to know that I'm not alone in feeling they're a bit...off. What shape lenses would you recommend; all I really care about is that they're very simple glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                X