Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This picture would not be nearly as excellent without the skull.

Also, those boots are excellent. Nice pick-up, BenR.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

went to marshall's today for a random trip, wasn't looking for anything in particular and i found these:

so happy i found these - i was debating getting them online during the sale, then didn't. material feels good and they were $4.99/pair.

now to figure out what to wear them with...

Comment

My tailor convinced me to try a local MTM outfit called Trio Tailoring, so I commissioned a blue pinpoint. Might be a waste of money, but if it's quality, the price will certainly be better than Ratio.

Comment

Did the Banana Republic 50% off thing:

- grey herringbone wool pants

- navy with red and white pattern tie... not sure how I feel about it

Picked up one of the Gap's new OCBD with the intent that I would get it slimmed in the body, but I don't know how far I can get it brought in without spending too much. The yoke will have to be detached, I imagine.

Comment

Waiting for this Skagen with the blue hands to come in sometime tomorrow or Wednesday:

http://www.amazon.com/Skagen-858XLSL...pd_sbs_watch_4

Comment

Got a fantastic tan 5 button vest at goodwill for $3. No brand tag, but heck if I care. Also got a cheap silk tie for $1. Oh, and this beauty. Mmmm... Needed a dressy watch to go with my new suit, right? *excuses excuses*

Comment

Hit up my local Off 5th outlet on a whim and came away with a couple of great bargains...

JD Fisk brown saddle shoes at 40% off, about $60 and a pair of Robert Wayne tassel loafers for 60% off, about $30. The funny thing is I had bought both of these shoes on sale at Amazon and ended up finding them for cheaper at Off 5th. Both will be going back to Amazon.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Love that Seamaster!

Comment

philpot - that watch looks great

Comment

Philpot, please excuse me for a moment while I address your watch.

Hello, baby. Where have you been all my life? You complete me. Or at least my outfit. Sweet thing, I want you on my wrist 24/7. I know how to wind you up. I know what makes you tick.

That being said, is it real?

Comment

That being said, please let me know if you want to sell that, as I think I just ruined my own watch by salivating all over it looking at yours.

Comment

Oh, you're making her blush

It is real. All the parts match, and the dial is "original" but it has been redone. It probably didn't have a black face originally. But I like the black face. So much. It absolutely makes the watch for me. And the price reflected that little unoriginal addition.

Comment

The black face is fantastic, much better than some of the other colored faces that I've seen on eBay and elsewhere.

Comment

WOW Philpot, what a great find!!! Congrats!

Comment

I don't usually care too much for watches, but that is brilliant. Perfectly elegant, yet not overstated. Wonderful find.

Comment

Working...
                                X