This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up these shoes, Filson X Sebago.

I love filson and couldn't resist the sale. With my referral credit, I get the shoes for free!!

http://www.bonobos.com/filson-beacon...wn-waxy-canvas

Comment

A quart of Venetian Shoe Cream

I love this stuff...

Comment

I put this on here already, but I'm so pleased with it that it's happening twice. My $49 pair of shell cordovan longwings arrived today. In pretty solid vintage condition. After a polish they will be excellent.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Got my shoes

Connery's which seem to be the wrong size and quite snug/short so I emailed them about that(with pics) as the inside says 9 instead of 10, maybe I can get a discount and hope they stretch. these were also labeled womens shoes by dhl or customs....first and last pair of chukkas!

By shad0w4life at 2012-07-26

By shad0w4life at 2012-07-26

Comment

Now for the Monks, they came with a shoe horn and polish, 2 bags and a cloth to boot. I ordered these in a 10.5 UK size but I think if I went smaller I wouldn't be able to get my foot in. I have to undo the top strap(functional) to get my foot in and undo it to get them off, however I do have to use the last hole for a proper fit, but my god they fit well with that done up...not so much on the other settings.

THE BOX!

No Flash

With Flash and left shoe buckle not through the loop :P

Comment

AE McTavish & Strand

- McTavish is getting replaced by Nordstrom due to defects

- Strand originally purchased these from AAFES back in May, but had to get them replaced by AE 3x times due to defects. They finally got it right and I am very happy

Comment

3 very nice pieces of leather you got there Json. Nice shoe trees as well!

Comment

shad0w4life, the connery's are the wrong size, but they look flawless. I'm not much for monks, but they also look flawless. The shape of both shoes is slicker than Allen Edmonds 5 last.

Comment

shad0w4life those Connery's are awesome. Nice purchase.

Comment

greg_s: got any pics of your shells?

Comment

Shirt I just got from bespokefitshirt.com 2 ply broadcloth, I'm now a 2 ply broadcloth fan, it's very soft compared to the 1 ply's I have. Worn the hell out of it today, I find it too short for a casual shirt, and they seem to have agreed and are remaking it about an inch longer.

And then raw denim jeans...so far I love the colour of them but they are friggin TIGHT, 33 waist unbranded ones I can't do up all the buttons, TVHM 33 I can. Odd thing is I have room in the waist on both of them so it might be just be unbranded are poorly made in macau.(I can do up the buttons, it takes a different technique I can fit 2 fingers in sideways when done up.

edit: I'm debating on washing them now and keeping them darker. The raw denim nut jobs that want to make their jeans look worn to hell really piss me off after reading their opinions. You're supposed to end up with a pair that look like you mugged a homeless guy. I want DARK durable jeans which I thought was the point of raw really, not beat to hell I can't wear anywhere but in my own home jeans...I throw them away.

TVHM jeans, tapered fit raw denim(7.5" leg opening, 11" rise)Raw Indigo - $70

By shad0w4life at 2012-08-08

Unbranded slim straight(8.25" leg opening - 10" rise) Japanese rope dyed Raw Selvedged - $80

By shad0w4life at 2012-08-08

Comment

Shad0w4life can you link to the jeans? I've been looking for some raw ones and dont wanna drop the 225 at jcrew.

Comment

Shad0w: "The raw denim nut jobs that want to make their jeans look worn to hell really piss me off after reading their opinions. You're supposed to end up with a pair that look like you mugged a homeless guy. I want DARK durable jeans which I thought was the point of raw really, not beat to hell I can't wear anywhere but in my own home jeans...I throw them away." --> Agreedx1000.

Comment

^Don't worry about them losing their color as long as you don't wash them. It doesn't sound like you'll be wearing them for 100 days straight so as long as you keep them away from the washing machine as long as possible, they will stay dark.

The waist should stretch a bit. I have a pair of Naked and famous pants (I believe the makers of Unbranded) that are sized 31, but I am a 33 waist and they fit fine. If you wear them for a week, the waist should stretch out. Washing them will only shrink the waist.

Comment

shadow, I personally think the shirt looks fine. if it's too short for you, you know, whatever, but imo it looks nice as it is. I also think the first pair of jeans look like they fit a lot better. my biggest thing when i got my first "good" (not even APC or anything) pair of denim was realizing how ridiculously thin the denim on all of my other jeans was.

also, i bought a far horizon traders bag. the traveler, specifically. shipped, it was $200ish. it arrived today (only took like two days!) and... man, this thing looks amazing. the smell isn't quite as bad as i'd been led to believe, either. i'm not really into bags so i don't know how to rate the quality, but if anyone's interested i could voice my thoughts on it after a few months of use.

i bought it because i wanted something big but not too big, and this thing fits the bill. it's deceptively small when it's empty, but once you put stuff in it - my god - it's practically luggage. it's like twice as big as the fossil bag i have currently. i can fit a good eight large, hardcover books in it, half or more of them full textbooks, and that's not even maximizing space. i'm excited to put it to use. once i let it air out a bit (took the advice of the only reviewer i could find and put a bunch of dryer sheets in it), i'll maybe get it in some good lighting and take a look at the workmanship. superficially, at least, it looks and feels pretty sturdy.

Comment

Working...
                                X