Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FedEx Easter bunny delivered the Sneaker version several days early!! (Please excuse the lizard legs).

Here they are next to the slip on version from above:

Looks kinda like a football with the cream laces. I've got some brown waxed laces from Guarded Goods on the way (my go to for all my laces).
    Last edited by Nandyn; April 13, 2020, 12:52 AM.

Comment

The last of my recent shoe purchases came today:
      H.S. Trask "Aaron" sneakers in navy suede, with Guarded Goods flat waxed laces in "sapphire" I swapped in.

Really well made using think, soft C.F. Stead suede and fully leather lined with sidewall stitched sole. Came with your standard 8mm navy laces, but swapped them out for a pair of flat waxed laces. A couple shades lighter than the shoe, but I love the neater look the narrower 6mm laces give and don't mind the slight contrast.

Also, here's the above Frye sneakers with brown waxed laces swapped in.
      Last edited by Nandyn; April 15, 2020, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Those are both sick looking!

Comment

jason - these are classic looking bags.

Comment

Cross-posting from the watch thread, The Armoury x Anordain Model 1. Note to self, never 'import' a watch into the US again.

Comment

Ive been laying low on the purchases lately but the J. Crew sale that had the Abingdon briefcase for like $48 and I had a reward and a coupon so got it under $40. I have been using a Targus canvas messenger so this was a direct upgrade for me. Heavier canvas and real leather so it is a bit of an upgrade for a real good price.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                Ive been laying low on the purchases lately but the J. Crew sale that had the Abingdon briefcase for like $48 and I had a reward and a coupon so got it under $40. I have been using a Targus canvas messenger so this was a direct upgrade for me. Heavier canvas and real leather so it is a bit of an upgrade for a real good price.
                I couldn't lay off the 70% off sale price on the velvet dinner jacket they had (the burgundy was sold out but dark green is holiday season appropriate too and they had that left in my size) and the Moon Mills herringbone sport coat. I got those two jackets and a pair of socks to hit the 3 item 70% discount for $92 with tax and shipping. INSANE! The velvet jacket...it's not going to see a lot of use but for $39 it doesn't have to. In normal times, should they ever return, I'll wear it to holiday parties and concerts...could go black tie festive with tuxedo trousers and a silk bow tie for the right event. I think the Moon Mills tweed jacket was like $45 so that was the high ticket item.
                “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Back in October I pulled the trigger on the most expensive clothing item I've ever bought - a leather jacket. I bought the Taylor Stitch x Golden Bear Moto jacket (point collar) in espresso. I've been waiting for months for it to get thought production. Finally, it shipped last Monday with a delivery date of last Thursday... only to be lost in the flustercluck that is USPS right now. I'm hoping it'll show up soon, but who knows... the wait continues.

Comment

Mr. Charles I hope you post a picture when the jacket shows up. I'd really like to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                      Mr. Charles I hope you post a picture when the jacket shows up. I'd really like to see it.
                      The jacket arrived today. It's beautiful, but a bit more snug through the chest than I wanted (so much for size charts and measurements...) so I've initiated an exchange to size up. Once the larger jacket arrives, and fits better (I hope) I'll be sure to post up some pictures.

Comment

I've never contributed to this post before but here goes: I bought 2 pairs of Fabletics 7" franchise shorts with the liner built-in. They were $24 total if you sign up for the their scam (which you should immediately cancel). First fit, they were great, but I've found that as I've washed them a couple of times, I feel like my buttcrack is always out in these, they're to the point I don't even wear them because its such a concern.

Comment

Most recent purchase is also one of the most frivolous - Todd Snyder Wool Cruiser Jacket.

Not only do I already have FAR more coats than anyone in So Cal will ever need, we hardly go out since most of our favorite restaurants are closed and I don't know when I'll be traveling again. I tried so hard to resist - it was in my cart for about a week until my love of nice coats and outerwear got the best of me.

Comment

Spier's Minnis Green Seersucker suit. Their liquidation and an upcoming trip to the Big Easy in March yielded proper timing.
                            https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

My last purchase was sweatpants from Levice, I just have nothing to wear at home, so I went in and bought myself some sportswear)

Comment

I recently picked up this $12 sweatshirt from target bc it looked like a sweater I would have bought from Gap circa 1999. Small price to pay for nostalgia, and it’s a shockingly comfy and looked good over a button down.

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-color...77#lnk=sametab

Comment

Working...
                                X