Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been skeptical about that one so please let us know what you think. I do LOVE that label!

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnR View Post
      I've been skeptical about that one so please let us know what you think. I do LOVE that label!
      Very complex but in a good way. Initially pretty boozy (95 proof, the cask strength is 112 or so) but if you let it breathe 10 minutes or thereabouts that calms down.

Caramel, butterscotch, malt are what i get the most but the complexity means theres a LOT goin on. Finish is quite smooth though.

Doesn't pair well with velveeta shells and cheese, but then that's not likely the bourbon's fault.
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

• Originally posted by armedferret View Post
        Grabbed an italian stretch traveler jacket on the bonobos sale. Then i stopped by the class six when i went to Walter Reed today and found something I've been looking for....oh gosh easily for 9 months now.

20200207_124414 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
        Wow! That's some bottle!
        WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Very complex but in a good way. Initially pretty boozy (95 proof, the cask strength is 112 or so) but if you let it breathe 10 minutes or thereabouts that calms down.

Caramel, butterscotch, malt are what i get the most but the complexity means theres a LOT goin on. Finish is quite smooth though.

Doesn't pair well with velveeta shells and cheese, but then that's not likely the bourbon's fault.
          Great info. Thanks! It was a review I saw on the cask strength that made me hesitant so this is good feedback to balance it out. We like a high-proof just fine but tend to lean toward rye for those. And, especially for my wife, we typically prefer bourbons with sweeter notes like you're describing. I'll probably give this a try now. Thanks again!

Perhaps try a Puni for the pasta paring??

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnR View Post
            Great info. Thanks! It was a review I saw on the cask strength that made me hesitant so this is good feedback to balance it out. We like a high-proof just fine but tend to lean toward rye for those. And, especially for my wife, we typically prefer bourbons with sweeter notes like you're describing. I'll probably give this a try now. Thanks again!

Perhaps try a Puni for the pasta paring??
            Definitely give it a few minutes to breathe a little bit and get the boozy side out. There are some spicy notes at first, but they're really well balanced by the sweeter side. I'd say it reminds me of Elijah Craig with more complexity.

Well I figured I'd work my way up to it, next up is paskettio's (with meatballs of course).

Comment

Definitely give it a few minutes to breathe a little bit and get the boozy side out. There are some spicy notes at first, but they're really well balanced by the sweeter side. I'd say it reminds me of Elijah Craig with more complexity.

Well I figured I'd work my way up to it, next up is paskettio's (with meatballs of course).

Comment

• 20200212_174344 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Comment

• As winter drags on I've been fantasizing about a nice pair of loafers (or maybe, just an opportunity to wear a nice pair of loafers) and kind of accidentally ordered a few pairs of Peal & Co/Brooks Bros loafers to try out. Oops.
                  Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    As winter drags on I've been fantasizing about a nice pair of loafers (or maybe, just an opportunity to wear a nice pair of loafers) and kind of accidentally ordered a few pairs of Peal & Co/Brooks Bros loafers to try out. Oops.
                    I'm curious how these turned out. Did you end up keeping any?

Comment

• Picked these up during the last BR sale - my only pair of black shoes are cap-toe oxfords, which are a little on the conservative side, so I was looking for something more casual for everyday office wear. What do you guys think? Mainly looking to wear these with slacks + sports coat, etc.

Comment

• I think those shoes look pretty good. Makes me wish I had picked up a pair - in brown - too.

Comment

• A good looking shoe.

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
                          Picked these up during the last BR sale - my only pair of black shoes are cap-toe oxfords, which are a little on the conservative side, so I was looking for something more casual for everyday office wear. What do you guys think? Mainly looking to wear these with slacks + sports coat, etc.

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• Thanks guys. I was kinda on the fence, but BR is decent quality at this price point (~ $70) I think, and as I said been meaning to branch out beyond brown shoes (although I guess it's a moot point while we're all stuck indoors).

Comment

• Shopthefold had a great sale on vibergs, picked up a pair in tan dublin
                              Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

• Just got these new Italian made Frye slip on sneakers.

Really nice, thick full grain leather, leather lining and removable leather lined insole plus dust bag. Sidewall/channel stitched to a Margom sole. Not too shabby for only $44 shipped. Definitely a keeper and I've already got the lace up version on the way.
                                Last edited by Nandyn; April 9, 2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X