X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    Niiiiice!!

I found a restaurant with Pappy 20 (they got the bottle THAT DAY and I was the first pour!!) so i splurged.

2020-01-18_07-02-49 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
    That's quite a splurge! I've never had it. But now it's on my list of must-tries.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
      A restaurant that serves horse BBQ?
      I had a horse tenderloin steak in Iceland and it was delicious. I really don't see why we don't eat it here in the US. I mean, all that shell cordovan has corresponding meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
        I had a horse tenderloin steak in Iceland and it was delicious. I really don't see why we don't eat it here in the US. I mean, all that shell cordovan has corresponding meat.
        Typically the meat is sent overseas, and the hides (and corresponding shell beneath) are sold to various tanneries (with most shell going to Horween).

At least that's how the canadian horse slaughterhouses do it. Others may vary.
        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Typically the meat is sent overseas, and the hides (and corresponding shell beneath) are sold to various tanneries (with most shell going to Horween).

At least that's how the canadian horse slaughterhouses do it. Others may vary.
          Any idea what they do with horse heads?

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post

People wake up next to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
              sentimentality and social norms. no technical reason. dog and cat too. if you take the emotion out of it, the stray dog and cat population int he US is large and the money it takes to house and euthanize animals isnt minor. The hunger issues we face wouldnt be solved by connecting these dots but it would help. but I would have a hard time eating dog/cat myself.

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
                People wake up next to them.

bhahahaha

Comment

Just bought two plain wool sweaters on Ledburys winter sale and they are great. Maybe not original price $195 great but I’m very happy for $65 each with the extra 30% (now 40%) off.

https://www.ledbury.com/collections/...w-neck-sweater

They’re a little chunky while still being very well fitted. Great feeling wool and super warm and comfortable. Would strongly recommend if they’re available in your size. S fits great and I’m 5’8” 150lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aps2012 View Post
                    Just bought two plain wool sweaters on Ledburys winter sale and they are great. Maybe not original price $195 great but I’m very happy for $65 each with the extra 30% (now 40%) off.

https://www.ledbury.com/collections/...w-neck-sweater

They’re a little chunky while still being very well fitted. Great feeling wool and super warm and comfortable. Would strongly recommend if they’re available in your size. S fits great and I’m 5’8” 150lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Funny... I had them in my cart just this morning and took them out because they seem pretty chunky. Sounds like the chunk is just right for you, though? I'm 5-9 1550-160, always right in between s/m. Is there more room in that S or would you recommend the M?

Comment

It may be a little out of the wheelhouse for this forum, but I recently got my hands on a Samuelsohn midgray windowpaine suit for 75% off. It was still more than half a grand, but it's full canvassed super 140's wool from E. Thomas. Really beautiful suit.

I got it from a local men's store that runs really great clearances twice a year.

In addition to that I picked up an Eredi Pisano wool over coat for around 400 while I was in San Francisco on business. More Italian in style than I would normally go for, but it actually fit extremely well.

Comment

Originally posted by zac10sim View Post
                        It may be a little out of the wheelhouse for this forum, but I recently got my hands on a Samuelsohn midgray windowpaine suit for 75% off. It was still more than half a grand, but it's full canvassed super 140's wool from E. Thomas. Really beautiful suit.

I got it from a local men's store that runs really great clearances twice a year.

In addition to that I picked up an Eredi Pisano wool over coat for around 400 while I was in San Francisco on business. More Italian in style than I would normally go for, but it actually fit extremely well.
                        Wow!! I lucked into a Samuelsohn jacket while thrifting once and they really are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by zac10sim View Post

Sounds like you got a couple of deals!

Comment

Well after eating many pizzas and picking up many barbells I have officially hulked out of all my nice suits. Trousers have been too small in the seat/thighs for a while (remarkably, I can still cinch up the waists without distending my organs... but bending at the waist or knees while wearing the pants, that's another beast entirely). But I was hanging onto the full suits in the back of my closet because the jackets still fit. I figured maybe I would someday fit into the trousers again.

Now all the jackets are too snug as well. So I just ordered four new suits from Spier & Mackay. All variations of the color blue, as it seems as good a time as any to embrace my parallel universe Bill Nighy-esque life where I wear exclusively blue suits all the time.

I've got some looming multi-day trials so this seemed as good a time as any for a suit wardrobe refresh.
                            Ben

Comment

Just ordered me that Bonobos T-Rex shirt from the main dappered page. RAAAAWR indeed.

Comment

Grabbed an italian stretch traveler jacket on the bonobos sale. Then i stopped by the class six when i went to Walter Reed today and found something I've been looking for....oh gosh easily for 9 months now.

20200207_124414 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X