Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying to branch out beyond wearing only brown shoes to work, but I find black oxfords/derbies a little too formal, so snagged these guys from BR on sale for $55.

They look a little chunky to me, though - any thoughts?

Comment

• Good purchase, no doubt black have their own charm
      Eat what is good for your health but
      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
        I'm trying to branch out beyond wearing only brown shoes to work, but I find black oxfords/derbies a little too formal, so snagged these guys from BR on sale for $55.

I would say that they are too chunky base on your pant taper.

Comment

I'm trying to branch out beyond wearing only brown shoes to work, but I find black oxfords/derbies a little too formal, so snagged these guys from BR on sale for $55.

I'd say they are too chunky for my liking. But what I like doesn't have to mean you like it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
            I would say that they are too chunky base on your pant taper.
            This. Loafer nailed it. Shoes in isolation are fine, pants with a wider leg opening would look better.
            Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

• Originally posted by Token View Post
              This. Loafer nailed it. Shoes in isolation are fine, pants with a wider leg opening would look better.
              I think the picture might be a little misleading because I was standing at a weird angle trying to get a good photograph - but my pants are relatively narrow, so your feedback confirms my initial reaction. Thanks all!

Comment

• Real McCoys A-1 Deerskin Jacket. Never had anything made in deerskin before and it’s surprisingly soft.

Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Yes, a bit. Do you have short, wide feet? Also, I've noticed that sometimes when I look down at shoes I'm wearing, I don't like the way they look, but if I look at them in the mirror, they look good.

But don't feel bad. I was once trying on a pair of shoes and I remarked to the saleswoman, "these make my feet look like Frankenstein feet."

Being such a great salesperson her response was, "well, sir, after all, you do wear size 12." I bought them anyway.
                  WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• Originally posted by Token View Post
                    Real McCoys A-1 Deerskin Jacket. Never had anything made in deerskin before and it’s surprisingly soft.

Very handsome jacket. I like those boots with the jacket as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                      Yes, a bit. Do you have short, wide feet? Also, I've noticed that sometimes when I look down at shoes I'm wearing, I don't like the way they look, but if I look at them in the mirror, they look good.

But don't feel bad. I was once trying on a pair of shoes and I remarked to the saleswoman, "these make my feet look like Frankenstein feet."

Being such a great salesperson her response was, "well, sir, after all, you do wear size 12." I bought them anyway.
                      Yeah, I think it's more the latter than the former - I find it much harder to tell how shoes look on me compared to clothes.

Comment

• Got my S&M peacoat in last week.

Ben

Comment

• I had to chuckle when my wife asked me, “where did you get those, the anal retentive store?”

But I’m loving how organized they make my shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Oh man. That would bother me a lot actually, because I like to be able to see what I'm grabbing to wear so I can visualize an outfit as I'm putting it together.
                            Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              Oh man. That would bother me a lot actually, because I like to be able to see what I'm grabbing to wear so I can visualize an outfit as I'm putting it together.
                              same

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                Got my S&M peacoat in last week.

What are your thoughts on this? Specifically, in terms of sizing, which did you get and what is your normal S&M jacket size? Do you feel this could be worn with a suit or do you think it is too short of a jacket for that? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X