This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    The Spier MacKay wool/mohair navy tux came a week ago and now I've finally got a tux shirt to go with it. Fits just about perfectly.

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      Wow. Nice looking tux.
      Originally posted by Ron View Post
      Well done!
      Thanks! I'm glad It fit well and I was lucky to get the last slim 38S that they had. Really awesome pickup for $342.

One of my best friends is getting married next year and they decided on black tie optional just before Thanksgiving sales, so timing worked out perfectly.

Comment

Thanks! I'm glad It fit well and I was lucky to get the last slim 38S that they had. Really awesome pickup for $342.

One of my best friends is getting married next year and they decided on black tie optional just before Thanksgiving sales, so timing worked out perfectly.
        Good timing. It's a great grab. When I first looked at it (quickly) I thought it was black but then realized it was navy. Subtle but stands out at the same time. I was actually looking at it as we cruise a lot and it would have been nice for more formal nights but I'm very sensitive to certain wool types and I wonder if the mohair would bother me. And right now it's final sale so no for me.

But it looks great on you and a really nice fit straight off the rack.

Comment

That is a great looking tux!

Comment

Bought the wife a Tomahawk.

Whether that was a good idea remains to be seen.
            https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
              Bought the wife a Tomahawk.

Whether that was a good idea remains to be seen.
              Man, you can own cruise missiles in Texas??

Comment

Man, you can own cruise missiles in Texas??
                I have a friend there with a concealed carry permit and he says cruise missiles are really hard to hide. People keep asking him if he's happy to see them or if he's carrying . . . never mind.
                WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Picked the S&M chukkas up in Volpe suede since I never got around to grabbing the AEs when they were on Massdrop. Great shoe for $250 and here is how they compare in shade to Carmina snuff and chocolate then Lof & Tung tobacco. If I ever see a pair of the AEs up for sale in the 12D realm, I will grab them.

Comment

Finally pulled the trigger on a burgundy suit. I’ve lusted after one for quiet awhile but couldn’t justify spending a lot on a suit that will only get a few uses every year. But marked down okay S&M code. Boom. Very excited.

Comment

Bought this a good long bit ago. Finally arrived today.

jacky by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Gustin L3 in black.

It's magnificent.

Comment

Oh and suitreview got this in so it became mine.

My first pinstripe and my first DB.

Comment

[MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] - Great pickups. I really need to wear my current moto jacket more before I even think of grabbing one of those Gustin's. I've seen the brown worn in and it looks great. I think the hurdle is just the moto jacket style...

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                            [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] - Great pickups. I really need to wear my current moto jacket more before I even think of grabbing one of those Gustin's. I've seen the brown worn in and it looks great. I think the hurdle is just the moto jacket style...
                            Thanks man. I've only had one other leather jacket in my time, back in high school. A wilsons. Wasnt terrible but wasnt great either. Starting to look into more "long term" investment pieces.

Originally wanted to get a savile row bespoke suit this summer when we're in london but i think i may take the train to nyc this spring and hit up michael andrews instead. Easier to get to the basteds.

I turn 40 in a week so i'm splurging on myself a bit this year.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                              Thanks man. I've only had one other leather jacket in my time, back in high school. A wilsons. Wasnt terrible but wasnt great either. Starting to look into more "long term" investment pieces.

Originally wanted to get a savile row bespoke suit this summer when we're in london but i think i may take the train to nyc this spring and hit up michael andrews instead. Easier to get to the basteds.

I turn 40 in a week so i'm splurging on myself a bit this year.
                              I think my jacket is a Wilsons!

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                                I think my jacket is a Wilsons!
                                Hah nice. I still have mine its just not very stylish anymore lol.

Great leather though.

Comment

Working...
                                X