Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have had this linen 3 pocket blouson for a few weeks now so no longer 'recent'. My first clothing purchase from The Armoury, this is their house brand made by Ascot Chang (I think?).

Comment

ASDF style pocket square.

https://www.etsy.com/market/asdfstyle

I think the hand-rolled edges on this square are very nice. The edges are plump and mitered at the corners instead of just overlapping.

It was only $30 and they have some for $20. This is much less expensive than I typically see for squares with a rolled and mitered look.

I don't know if I fully understand everything the store is saying, but it appears I could send existing pocket squares and pay to have the borders done nicely.

Comment

picked up this PF shirt jacket from NMWA as they were running their anniversary sale last week.

Comment

Breaking my shoe purchase hiatus with a pair of Cigar Shell Alden LWB
          Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

[MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] - Nice pickup! Isn't cigar shell sometimes hard to find at Alden or am I thinking of something like Whiskey or other lighter colors?

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
              [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] - Nice pickup! Isn't cigar shell sometimes hard to find at Alden or am I thinking of something like Whiskey or other lighter colors?
              Thanks! No you’re right, all “exotic” shell (so everything other than black and no. 8) are hard to find at Alden. Sorta like trying to get a SS Rolex (waiting lists and all that). Steve over at Gentlemen’s Footwear ran a GMTO for this at the start of this year which made it simple and straightforward - clear timeline, no markup, etc. otherwise I’m not willing to do the waiting list thing at a lot of Alden retailers nor do I want to pay the markup when a number of other makers (Carmina, C&J, Bonafe, Viberg, EG) offer the same exact “exotic” shell without the hassle.
              Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

This watch is amazing, congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post

Breaking my shoe purchase hiatus with a pair of Cigar Shell Alden LWB
                  Perfect!
                  WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Ordered the Timex Q diver. I was unlucky last time, really wanted the watch, stuck it in my cart, decided to wait until I got home from work to actually make the purchase. By which time it was sold out thanks to all the media hype/Hodinkee effect.

I got on the restock notification list and had more or less decided it was never going to be restocked when I finally got the notice the other morning and then made the purchase immediately.

Honestly one of the biggest appeals is the battery hatch. I hate, hate, hate changing batteries on Timex watches due to the snap-in case the vast majority of them use.

snap back cases are the devil. This watch is tempting.

Comment

Wanted a new jacket that I could wear to work or more casually and picked up this one from BR for half off - do the giant pockets look weird to you guys?

Comment

[MENTION=15801]Tacitus[/MENTION] - They don't look odd to me. The Valstar Valstarino has similar pockets and is somewhat of an iconic jacket.

Comment

x-posting this from WIWT:
                          SEH Kelly corduroy work jacket, it's so damn heavy, in the best way

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
                            x-posting this from WIWT:
                            SEH Kelly corduroy work jacket, it's so damn heavy, in the best way

That's swanky as hell and I love it.

I just won an ascot on ebay. It's my first ascot ever.

I'm very excited and may wear it to Thanksgiving Dinner.
                            https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                              That's swanky as hell and I love it.

I just won an ascot on ebay. It's my first ascot ever.

I'm very excited and may wear it to Thanksgiving Dinner.
                              Let us know how that ascot pans out. I've personally never had enough confidence to pull it off (or attempt pulling it off for that matter).

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
                                Let us know how that ascot pans out. I've personally never had enough confidence to pull it off (or attempt pulling it off for that matter).
                                Preliminary horsing around (forgive the pun since it's me ) indicates it's a winner.

Just gotta figure out footwear. That could take weeks.
                                https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Working...
                                X