Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fathers Day gift and wanted to share. Some Lof and Tung suede Chelsea’s. Saw these on their website and was drawn to these and a grain pair they have. These happened to hit the summer sale in my size and jokingly sent an email to my wife then they showed up. Usually my size is sold out of things I’d be interested in.

Wanted something I could just thrown on and go in all seasons and these hit the spot. My wife wears suede Chelsea’s and they always seem to work...now I have a pair

Comment

• Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      Fathers Day gift and wanted to share. Some Lof and Tung suede Chelsea’s. Saw these on their website and was drawn to these and a grain pair they have. These happened to hit the summer sale in my size and jokingly sent an email to my wife then they showed up. Usually my size is sold out of things I’d be interested in.

Wanted something I could just thrown on and go in all seasons and these hit the spot. My wife wears suede Chelsea’s and they always seem to work...now I have a pair
      Nice. I've purchased two pairs of Chelsea boots in the last couple of years and I find myself pulling them on quite often if I need to run a quick errand--they are very convenient and go with almost anything less than a suit.
      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
        Nice. I've purchased two pairs of Chelsea boots in the last couple of years and I find myself pulling them on quite often if I need to run a quick errand--they are very convenient and go with almost anything less than a suit.
        Agreed. Love these so far and will say I was blown away by the quality. The stitching is top notch and they do not leave a lot of sole sticking out at the bottom like AEs. The right boot in the first pic you can see that there is not much sole sticking out. Also the shoe bags...wow these things are the best from any pair of shoes I have purchased. I will be looking at Lof and Tung as my go to shoe brand moving forward. They even eke out Carmina currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
          Just picked these up from BR for $80 with tax + shipping. I think they're fine for wearing to the office with slacks, but wondering whether they could be worn with a suit as well. Too casual?

With a casual suit, like cotton or linen, sure.

Comment

• picked up my first pair of Aldens, unlined snuff suede flex welt 6243f

Comment

• Originally posted by kongmw View Post
              picked up my first pair of Aldens, unlined snuff suede flex welt 6243f

Oh my, very nice!

I have yet to take the plunge--but I will some day.

Comment

• Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                Oh my, very nice!

I have yet to take the plunge--but I will some day.
                Thanks. It's my most expensive pair of shoes by a good amount. But wanted to see what they're all about after realizing that I really like penny loafers.

Comment

• Stuart and Lau Briefcase (pre-2019 version)

Recently bought the regular-size, older-model Stuart and Lau briefcase for $65 during their sale.

The hardware is very good. My main frustration with most bags I've owned is either the zippers or the stitching on the handles are inadequate. In this case, the zippers feel/sound good and the handles are attached by metal buckles that are in turn stitched to the bag all the way down and around the bag.

The outer magnet pocket is useful for small items that I don't care too much about losing. I carry Band-Aids, mints, and a few dollars in this pocket for easy access.

The cell phone pocket is too small for any cell phone I own; I use it for receipts instead.

The main compartment is great for organizing electronics. I typically don't have much time to set up for a presentation and having everything organized on the go really helps. I keep all of the small items in pockets, stow the larger items in the middle, and have the laptop in its designated compartment. The bag doesn't fold out for airport screening, but I have Precheck so most of the time I'm told to leave everything in the bag.

I keep a cashier's journal in the middle outer pocket. I'm not sure what else could go in these outer pockets that would be useful. They are the right size for a passport, but I'm entirely too paranoid about losing my passport to keep it in my bag.

The bag stands up by itself if I have enough loaded in it. If I am just carrying the laptop, the bag will not stand up as the laptop weighs down one side.

The magnetic key holder works until it doesn't. It works fine if I am just going from one place to another on foot or by car, securely holding two keys. However, when I get off of an airplane, the keys have always fallen. I think it is putting the bag under the airplane seat that dislodges the keys. In any case, it is a good idea, it just doesn't work for the one instance where I am actually groggy and wondering where my keys are: after a return flight.

Highly recommend if they ever do this $65 thing again. Can somewhat recommend at more, not sure about $325.

Comment

• Hey, [MENTION=14805]ianr[/MENTION] that's a good looking briefcase. Especially for $65.

Comment

• Originally posted by ianr View Post
                      Stuart and Lau Briefcase (pre-2019 version)

Recently bought the regular-size, older-model Stuart and Lau briefcase for $65 during their sale.

The hardware is very good. My main frustration with most bags I've owned is either the zippers or the stitching on the handles are inadequate. In this case, the zippers feel/sound good and the handles are attached by metal buckles that are in turn stitched to the bag all the way down and around the bag.

The outer magnet pocket is useful for small items that I don't care too much about losing. I carry Band-Aids, mints, and a few dollars in this pocket for easy access.

The cell phone pocket is too small for any cell phone I own; I use it for receipts instead.

The main compartment is great for organizing electronics. I typically don't have much time to set up for a presentation and having everything organized on the go really helps. I keep all of the small items in pockets, stow the larger items in the middle, and have the laptop in its designated compartment. The bag doesn't fold out for airport screening, but I have Precheck so most of the time I'm told to leave everything in the bag.

I keep a cashier's journal in the middle outer pocket. I'm not sure what else could go in these outer pockets that would be useful. They are the right size for a passport, but I'm entirely too paranoid about losing my passport to keep it in my bag.

The bag stands up by itself if I have enough loaded in it. If I am just carrying the laptop, the bag will not stand up as the laptop weighs down one side.

The magnetic key holder works until it doesn't. It works fine if I am just going from one place to another on foot or by car, securely holding two keys. However, when I get off of an airplane, the keys have always fallen. I think it is putting the bag under the airplane seat that dislodges the keys. In any case, it is a good idea, it just doesn't work for the one instance where I am actually groggy and wondering where my keys are: after a return flight.

Highly recommend if they ever do this $65 thing again. Can somewhat recommend at more, not sure about $325.
                      Its stylish and has pocket for all the gadgets.
                      Eat what is good for your health but
                      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

• Ordered the Timex Q diver. I was unlucky last time, really wanted the watch, stuck it in my cart, decided to wait until I got home from work to actually make the purchase. By which time it was sold out thanks to all the media hype/Hodinkee effect.

I got on the restock notification list and had more or less decided it was never going to be restocked when I finally got the notice the other morning and then made the purchase immediately.

Honestly one of the biggest appeals is the battery hatch. I hate, hate, hate changing batteries on Timex watches due to the snap-in case the vast majority of them use.

Last edited by LesserBlackDog; September 14, 2019, 11:23 AM.
                        Ben

Comment

• As I'm going to Romania next year, I figured best to invest in an outfit with which I will COMPLETELY blend in and be a total "Gray Man".

It's out for delivery today.

Screenshot_20190924-081116_Amazon Shopping by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Yes, really.
                          https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

• Cobbler Union Miquel. Friend invited me to
                            https://greatgatsbyparty.com/about/
                            Don't have many opportunities to dress up, so while I could have went with my black Park aves, decided to go for something a little sleeker. But not quite uniform (patent/pumps).

Had received a $100 coupon in email, so thought these were a good value at $295, and I can also wear with suits/slacks. Find they fit my feet similar to Carmina, better fit vs Meermin (went to the store in NYC and couldn't get the oxfords to work).

Comment

• Beautiful shoe! I love my Cobbler Union oxfords.

Originally posted by 77Pat View Post
                              Cobbler Union Miquel. Friend invited me to
                              https://greatgatsbyparty.com/about/
                              Don't have many opportunities to dress up, so while I could have went with my black Park aves, decided to go for something a little sleeker. But not quite uniform (patent/pumps).

Had received a $100 coupon in email, so thought these were a good value at $295, and I can also wear with suits/slacks. Find they fit my feet similar to Carmina, better fit vs Meermin (went to the store in NYC and couldn't get the oxfords to work).

Comment

• Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                                As I'm going to Romania next year, I figured best to invest in an outfit with which I will COMPLETELY blend in and be a total "Gray Man".

It's out for delivery today.

Screenshot_20190924-081116_Amazon Shopping by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Yes, really.
                                Bwahaha. That's awesome. I can see you and Ali G wearing that. Looking forward to seeing the photos from the trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X