This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Purchases

Just got a lightly used Belstaff Danescroft. Been searching for the right deal for some time.

Spendy, but it’s my grail aviation/motorcycle inspired jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Publius; January 23, 2019, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Here is my latest 'bottom fishing' find. I define bottom fishing as searching for underpriced items on eBay and poshmark.com that hide their real value with bad images and descriptions. I have a price limit of $15.00 per item when I do this. I purchased this silk & wool Joseph Aboud sportscoat on Poshmark.com for only $8.00

Here is what it looked like in the sellers ad on Poshmark.com:

and here is what the sportscoat really looks like (I'm wearing it)

Another great 'bottom fishing' catch!
      Buy cheap... wear well... SplurgeFrugal.com

Comment

Originally posted by SplurgeFrugal View Post
        Here is my latest 'bottom fishing' find. I define bottom fishing as searching for underpriced items on eBay and poshmark.com that hide their real value with bad images and descriptions. I have a price limit of $15.00 per item when I do this. I purchased this silk & wool Joseph Aboud sportscoat on Poshmark.com for only $8.00

Here is what it looked like in the sellers ad on Poshmark.com:

and here is what the sportscoat really looks like (I'm wearing it)

Another great 'bottom fishing' catch!
        Nice find. I'm normally not a fan of three button, but that one is really sharp.

Comment

Just picked this up at Farmers & Friends in Reykjavik on clearance. Not Icelandic wool, but 100% undeyed, virgin Scottish wool with leather elbow patches and only 8550 ISK vs 28500 isk regular price since they were phasing out that color.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
            Just picked this up at Farmers & Friends in Reykjavik on clearance. Not Icelandic wool, but 100% undeyed, virgin Scottish wool with leather elbow patches and only 8550 ISK vs 28500 isk regular price since they were phasing out that color.
            Looks comfy and itchy at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
              Looks comfy and itchy at the same time.
              Honestly, considering my experience with lambswool, cheap merino, etc, I was expecting that, too, but it's been very comfortable rhe past 3 days of wear, even in , 40° weather with wind, without itch. Maybe some pokie feeling every now and then, but mostly from the neck, and that's because I've got a thick neck (I buy 15.5, but I should be a 16.5 minimum but they don't make 16.5 slim enough for thick necked people like me.... Lots of deadlifts/trap/neck workouts to blame I guess.

Comment

Not a style purchase but I just used my REI dividend + 20% off to buy my first ever Arc’Teryx jacket.

Outdoor gear snob grail ACHIEVED
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  Not a style purchase but I just used my REI dividend + 20% off to buy my first ever Arc’Teryx jacket.

Outdoor gear snob grail ACHIEVED
                  What does it look like?

Comment

Ben

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] - Good luck! Looks like that jacket is biting off your head. Stock pic photographers can't win.

Comment

Ben

Comment

Just came

Comment

Just picked up a pair of the new Ludlow slacks, which I believe are the successor to the Bowery - they're 40% polyester! I saw wool/poly on the description but assumed we were talking 1-2%. Pretty disappointed.

Comment

Well, these turned out great in real life (https://www.reebok.com/us/club-c-85/DV4290.html):

I love that they're ivory/off-white rather than bright white, and the leather is much nicer than I'd expect at the price range.

Comment

After five months of waiting, finally received my MTO JFitzpatrickfootwear.com boots. I love them.

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Working...
                                X