This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    I started gifting bottles of wine in White Elephant exchanges. Somehow we have a large number of wine gift bags so I grab a bottle off the shelf, throw it in a bag, and go. This started after someone said, "you don't want to be remembered for you white elephant gift."
    But White elephant gifts by definition are supposed to be impersonal and useless, if not outright a burden to have! Give them your first born or least favorite child!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
      But White elephant gifts by definition are supposed to be impersonal and useless, if not outright a burden to have! Give them your first born or least favorite child!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant
      Oh I know. I guess it depends on how big the group is and if people know which gifts were brought by which individuals.

Comment

Bosie black Friday treat to myself. As warm and cuddly as it looks.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
          Did you see their new rainbow core selvedge?? That belt will be perfect for it once broken in!
          I’m wearing it with the Japanese sea green.
          https://www.weargustin.com/store/jea...mpaign_id=6089.

Comment

I know Lululemon Men isn’t one of the Dappered approved brands - but I can’t help it, I like it - especially at their after Christmas sale prices. Got a pair of their great thick Hustle sweat pants and a pair of their Pacebreaker lined shorts that I wear to the gym.

They are worth more consideration at the sale prices - to me the sale puts them in the high end of possible.

Comment

Spier & Mackay Green Overcoat arrived yesterday. Not the best pictures, but I like the fit.

Comment

So I love Dillards for suits. I have an odd body style and off the rack suits are hard to get fit. A brand that is crazy close to me makes a great suit, and it is stitched in America. The brand in question in Hardwick. Their construction specs can be found in a link below.

Regardless, I went over on new years day as they often run deep discounts and I found these beauties. The Sport coats were about 130 each and the suit was 350 for a stitched in America
                "3/4" canvas suit. They have really natural shoulders which are good for my bulky build.

They also come with this somewhat funny quote.

Overall I am very pleased and think Hardwick will be getting more of my business.

https://hardwick.com/pages/fit
                Last edited by zac10sim; January 3, 2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

gave in to the hype a bit late and paid a premium for the swatch sistem51 blue edition for Hodinkee. last inexpensive watch i'm buying before the next serious purchase

Comment

Picked up some factory seconds Chippewa service boots from Sierra Trading Post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[IMG]Denimjacket by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/][/IMG]

[IMG]Brownsweater by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/][/IMG]

Recent finds at Marshalls. I don't know the quality on the sweater but for $29 I will take a chance and it fit well.

Comment

Originally posted by fat tyler View Post
                        Picked up some factory seconds Chippewa service boots from Sierra Trading Post.

Love the look/colour of these boots. Makes me think I need to get some in my collection too.

Comment

I’ve been looking for years (literally) for a sleek black PVD watch to add to my stable. Finally found something that ticks most of the boxes and pulled the trigger when I found a good deal.

39mm case, titanium, sapphire crystal, solar powered, radio controlled, good lume, good dial visibility, 100m WR. Made in Japan.
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            I’ve been looking for years (literally) for a sleek black PVD watch to add to my stable. Finally found something that ticks most of the boxes and pulled the trigger when I found a good deal.

39mm case, titanium, sapphire crystal, solar powered, radio controlled, good lume, good dial visibility, 100m WR. Made in Japan.
                            One Casio to rule them all and in the darkness bind them

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

That is a great look. Sleek, and simple design but looks like it is going 100 miles an hour too. Really cool.

Comment

not very dapperred but I was in Nordstrom Rack and stumbled on a pair of Altra Olympus 2.5 trail runners on clearance and Merrell MOAB 2 boots in my size. Picked up both for what just the shoes should have cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X