Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is both a recent purchase and ask a quick question.

You all must notice how Joe sings the praises of Lebury shirts all the time on the main site. And how he wrote this week about the rare Lebury sale. You all probably know they are usually $150 and up.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a bunch of them on the Nordstrom Rack website for about $50 each. I bought one, liked it quite a bit, so then I got two more. Quality seems good and I do like the placement of that second button.

So, that's the recent purchase. Now the question: Anybody know if the shirts on the Nordstrom Rack website are the same quality and fabrics as those sold by Ludbury on their on site? I also notice they are on Nordstrom's website for the full Lebury prices. So, are the shirts at Nordstrom Rack first quality, regular Ledbury shirts on clearance from Nordstrom OR are they cheaper quality made to sell to suckers like me?
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
      This is both a recent purchase and ask a quick question.

You all must notice how Joe sings the praises of Lebury shirts all the time on the main site. And how he wrote this week about the rare Lebury sale. You all probably know they are usually $150 and up.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a bunch of them on the Nordstrom Rack website for about $50 each. I bought one, liked it quite a bit, so then I got two more. Quality seems good and I do like the placement of that second button.

So, that's the recent purchase. Now the question: Anybody know if the shirts on the Nordstrom Rack website are the same quality and fabrics as those sold by Ludbury on their on site? I also notice they are on Nordstrom's website for the full Lebury prices. So, are the shirts at Nordstrom Rack first quality, regular Ledbury shirts on clearance from Nordstrom OR are they cheaper quality made to sell to suckers like me?
      I suspect the fabric is the same. I think what ends up at places like Nordstrom Rack are 1) items that don't sell at full price, 2) Items that may be slightly irregular (I've tried on dress shirts at the Rack with sleeves that were significantly shorter than what is on the tag) 3) Items that were sold and then returned in still new condition. Maybe some fashion lines make a lower-than-normal-standards line for those places too - I've never thought that was the case but I'm not an expert on how TJ Maxx etc. operate.
      “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by mark4 View Post
        I suspect the fabric is the same. I think what ends up at places like Nordstrom Rack are 1) items that don't sell at full price, 2) Items that may be slightly irregular (I've tried on dress shirts at the Rack with sleeves that were significantly shorter than what is on the tag) 3) Items that were sold and then returned in still new condition. Maybe some fashion lines make a lower-than-normal-standards line for those places too - I've never thought that was the case but I'm not an expert on how TJ Maxx etc. operate.
        Yes, I think you're mostly right on what ends up at Nordstrom Rack, but I think some companies make items just for NR. One notable example is the Allen Edmonds shoes that you can find pretty much only on the NR website. I purchased a pair of Stuttgart AE shoes--I like them as much as my mainline AE shoes, so no complaints there.

These Ledbury shirts don't seem irregular at all. Also, they aren't returns, I don't think, because they were all still all nicely folded and sealed in packaging.

So, I think they are either items that didn't sell full price or a cheaper version of the more expensive shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
          So, I think they are either items that didn't sell full price or a cheaper version of the more expensive shirts.
          I don't think Ledbury is at the scale (yet) where they maintain two lines of manufacturing destined for the levels of retailers (regular vs discount/outlet). Given that Nordstrom regularly carry the brand, it's reasonable to conclude that they were probably returns (either unopened or simply re-packaged) or things that didn't sell.

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
            I don't think Ledbury is at the scale (yet) where they maintain two lines of manufacturing destined for the levels of retailers (regular vs discount/outlet). Given that Nordstrom regularly carry the brand, it's reasonable to conclude that they were probably returns (either unopened or simply re-packaged) or things that didn't sell.
            I am almost positive that they make some shirt designs specifically for Nordstrom, but I don't think the quality is any worse. The shirts made specifically for Nordstrom will eventually go on sale at the main store, and then those that don't sell will head to Nordstrom Rack. Recently, I have also spotted a couple Ledbury shirts at TJ Maxx, which I assume came from Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack.

Ledbury has also been around long enough that there are some pretty horrendous multi-color and check patterns out there that I imagine cannot sell well (and perhaps they need to offload those to discount stores, but I also know that they have done at least 1 or 2 "sample sales" at their HQ in Richmond). There are very few staple designs that they keep year-round.

I did have one bad experience with a Ledbury shirt bought from Nordstrom (shrunk HORRIFICALLY in the wash and is completely unwearable now), but otherwise, I agree that they don't have a separate discount/outlet line in terms of quality.

Comment

Recently picked up the camel/brown Chesterfield from uniqlo. It’s a bit darker then I’d hoped but overall I like it. Of course the day it comes in is the day the weather warms up. Can’t wait for it to get cold again.

Comment

Dappered People,

I have great news and sad news. The great news, I have purchased a pair of Amber Harness Red Wing Heritage boots. My local red wing stocks them at almost 50 dollars under MSRP at all times!!!

Bad news.... They are back ordered for a whole week!

What are my feet supposed to do for a week without them? I am left to trudge around in my other far inferior boots, treating my feet like the least important extremity on my body. I feel like I need to apologize to them. A pedicure?

Cheers.

Comment

From the front page Banana Republic Friends / Family sale post, I got the cotton textured cardigan in maroon. This thing is heavy! Heads up that they run a little small. My 40"-ish chest and I got a large, and the salesperson told me that I wasn't the only one sizing up in that thing.

Comment

My wife let me pick out a new wedding band after I lost mine. I wanted something unique and what better place to find unique than etsy. Its a mix of carbon and walnut wood.
                    Justin

Comment

Wow. Very nice and unique. Nice.

Comment

Hurly cords in an olive from jomers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally ordered the Gansey I have been saving for. Initiated the conversation with Flamborough Marine via email then finalized everything with someone on the phone yesterday. I was able to adjust patterns, chest sizing, sleeve, and body lengths. The Gansey's take 6-8 weeks to knit which totals roughly 100hrs of work on the knitters end and then there is some delay due to the holidays and demand. I think I should get my sweater by the end of winter.

I went with the Daniel Day Lewis pattern which is close to the stock Staithes pattern with additional detail down the sleeves. I am in love and it is going to be a hard wait for this thing to come in.

Comment

Took delivery of these wool 5-pocket pants from suitsupply. not exactly the flannel texture I was hoping but soft enough for me. got them hemmed at the store in 15 minutes and fit just a tad tight around the calf as all suitsupply pants do for me personally.

Comment

First time posting on this thread. I am playing wardrobe catchup after neglecting it for the past, well, most of my life.
                              So a few new items I've recently added.

AE, 5th Avenue in coffee (seconds)
                              Thursday Boots, Captain in Brown (had to send back to exchange size)
                              J Crew Factory Thompson Blazer in Flex Chino
                              Banana Republic Melton Navy Blue Peacoat

Comment

Originally posted by joombo
                                I ordered cool latex backpack at Rubber Loft recently. They have nice collection of latex accessories at affordable prices and great customer service. Can't wait to receive my purchase! It looks so stylish!
                                Was this meant to be a joke? Well, surprise. My wife has a half of closet full of latex clothing and I have a latex vest.

Mine was made by our good friend Venus Prototype. She did the latex for Fergy video MILF money. And a lot of others.

She has some awesome stuff. You can find a lot of it here:

https://bizarrefetishcouture.com/?fb...pv_oRk2OLvzMoo

Comment

Working...
                                X