Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@pratyk - Cool shirt! The check pattern is a good way to wear that brown.

The Nordstrom Trim and Calibrate Trim are almost exactly the same in size. According to the measurements Nordstrom provides there's only an inch of difference in the chest. The Calibrate Slim is obviously more slim, and I love it. The sleeves are narrower (big win cause I've got some skinny arms) and it fits perfectly through the chest. Seriously, if I were to order a MTM or custom shirt, this is how I would want it to fit. That said, the collar could be too small for some, depending on the size of their head/neck. If I buy any more Calibrate/Nord Trim Fits (there is a wider range of patterns compared to the Slims), I'll definitely go down .5" in the neck.

On the ties, I totally agree. I actually just got my first knit from the Knottery, but have yet to wear it. Will post pics soon.

Comment

Yeam im liking that shirt. 55 is a bit rich for me but maybe itll come down another 15-20$ soon.

Comment

@Jordan - You can get any single item on LastCall for 40% off today and free shipping with FSANN5. Should be only $36 (tax incl.)

Comment

@BJ I was looking for a belt to go with my AE Players. Can you send the link?

Comment

@Jessy - Here ya go. Meant to include that in the original post.

Comment

@Jordan I got it for $35 shipped. FSANN5 still works for free shipping.

Comment

@BJ. I agree about the collars on the Calibrate slim fits. Rather get the Trim fit by sizing down .5"

is the fabric same/similar for Calibrate trim vs. slim fits?

Comment

@BJ Thanks, I ordered one directly from their website (didn't have my size on Amazon).

Comment

So, my Brown AE Jefferson's and AE Walnut Rutledge's came in last week. The Jefferson's were so dark that if it weren't for the black contrast sole trim, I would have mistaken the color. Beautiful shoe otherwise...I'm sure the walnut version is amazing. The Rutledge's had a major rectangular indent on both toe boxes, so there was no way I could keep them.

I'm very impressed with the leather quality and the small details on both of these Independence line shoes, but I ended up returning both.

Instead, I used the money to get Cordovan seconds that have been on sale through the AE outlets this month for $299 (a definite splurge, but I've wanted them for a long time). Picked up the Brown and Walnut Strands (which were a limited run last year), both of which arrived today. Absolutely beautiful shoes and a great price, since the 1st's retail for $575. The walnut is very distinct and far different from my calf walnut Strands. I'll post pictures if someone can remind me how.

Comment

holy crap, I thought that 55$ was 40% off the 89!

Gonna have to jump on that..

Comment

Jumped on the new blue J.Crew Factory Thompson suit almost instantaneously. The blue is perfect and I've been waiting for J.Crew to offer the Thompson suits in 36R for a long time.

The fact that I just committed to my SuitSupply suit today is a little awkward, though.... (dropped the trousers off for hemming earlier today).

I guess there are worse things in the world than owning two new suits.

Ben

Comment

@BenR - I bought that Navy Thompson suit at one of their outlets a few months ago and it fit me great OTR. No tailoring needed for me. The 100% wool fabric also looks and feels much nicer than the Charcoal one that is a mix of wool and poly.

Comment

I really want to jump on the navy factory suit but I'm worried about the lapels being too short (see Hunter55's post in the How Does This Fit thread). What do you think of the lapels, Juan?

Comment

@LosRockets - I'm happy with the lapels. Here's s pic of mine:

Comment

I'll definitely be watching the Blue Thompson for a 30% off. And after that the light grey. Especially since they are full wool now.

Comment

Working...
                                X