X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carlitos View Post
    Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    Did you see their new rainbow core selvedge?? That belt will be perfect for it once broken in!
    Do either of you have experience with Gustin denim? I have wanted to try it but cannot find a comparison of fit vs. Levi's 501 which is my only denim comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      Do either of you have experience with Gustin denim? I have wanted to try it but cannot find a comparison of fit vs. Levi's 501 which is my only denim comparison.
      I've got 4 pairs now. Their slim is similar to the 511s, I'd say, but in Gustin I'm a 33 slim (and obviously shorten the length) vs 31 or 32 in Levi's 511 depending on the pant. Gustin also seems more consistent as I've bought 4 different jeans but the waist/fit was exactly as expected.

It really helps that they list actual garment measurements so you can compare it to jeans you already own that fit well. They'll also advise on sizing up/down based on denim weight or density of the weave. There's quite a few on eBay if you want to try it out without going the campaign backing route.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        I have a pair I bought lightly used off eBay. I got my true waist size in slim and they fit close, but quite well I think. I do wish the rise was higher sometimes, but overall I think they look great and get lots of compliments. The feel and construction is top notch too, and they have aged quite well.

Can't speak directly to a comparison with 501s. You might check Reddit though, I'm sure there's something out there.

Comment

Same here. The rise is a bit low but sizing is consistent and accurate, in my experience. I wear 32 slim in Gustin and 32 in Levi’s 514s I think. I’m a 30 slim in the Gap stretch denim.

Yes those rainbow indigo look sweet but I don’t know if I need another pair of $130 blue jeans... I’ll probably get brown or gray next.

Comment

Parting with my Rolex DJ and Speedmaster Racing, and now this is incoming to replace them

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              Parting with my Rolex DJ and Speedmaster Racing, and now this is incoming to replace them

Hnrnnngrrnngggggggg

Comment

Been saving and waiting for some of the S&M fall drops. Picked up the navy cord and donegal jackets as well as one of their long sleeve polos. Just waiting for the olive tweed and I'm done for the year.

Awesome purchase [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]

Comment

picked up a pair of derbys in mahogany country calf with danite sole for fall/winter from Lof&Tung (house brand of Skoaktiebolaget)
                  free two-day shipping from Sweden, and very nice packaging. can't wait to break these in!

Comment

The cuff is a tad massive, but that's just the OE setup. Grabbed some Target selvedge last night and I'm quite happy with them.

Target Selvedge by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
                    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                      The cuff is a tad massive, but that's just the OE setup. Grabbed some Target selvedge last night and I'm quite happy with them.

Target Selvedge by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
                      Great combo with the boots! Are they the Natty Higgins Mill?

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                        Great combo with the boots! Are they the Natty Higgins Mill?
                        Yessir! Pre caleres as that seems worth noting these days.
                        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

So I just purchased a pair of Dalton seconds during the Discover America sale. With all of the talk about AE quality here on the site, I realize I may be taking a chance. Once the boots arrive I'll post a review/comment to let you know how it turned out.

Comment

These past couple weeks have done a number on my wallet with S&M’s new releases.

So far I’m in for a Navy cord jacket, brown moleskin jacket & trousers, green tweed jacket and a navy polo coat. My F/W wardrobe is pretty lacking so these should round out the wardrobe pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                              These past couple weeks have done a number on my wallet with S&M’s new releases.

So far I’m in for a Navy cord jacket, brown moleskin jacket & trousers, green tweed jacket and a navy polo coat. My F/W wardrobe is pretty lacking so these should round out the wardrobe pretty well.
                              I've been able to show reasonable restraint with only buying basically all the long sleeve polos but hot damn those sportcoats are nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                                I've been able to show reasonable restraint with only buying basically all the long sleeve polos but hot damn those sportcoats are nice.
                                oh yeah.. I forgot to mention the 4 LS polos I picked up as well. Yikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X