X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    Is it actually filling you with anxiety or are you excited? ;P

Those are some great picks for fall/winter, especially those boots!!
    If I’m honest it’s 70/30 anxiety. All bonobos is final sale- even though I am certain of the fit and sizes it’s just a for sure $400 that I dropped.

And while I can return the boots if needed, another $400 drop.

But, I’m sure when it all works I’ll be pumped and super happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked up an Indochino Hemsworth in midnight navy with a vest and a custom shirt.

12 days from ordering to delivery.

I might take the pant waist in slightly but other than that, pretty damned near perfect on the first shot.

I’m starting to think the horror stories you hear are almost entirely end user in nature.

I had my gf measure me (she has a job that demands precision and is highly detail oriented). I never set foot in a show room.

I’m pairing them with black Allen Edmonds 5th avenues. Hope it all works out since I readily admit that I am not the most fashion savvy guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmeyers View Post
        If I’m honest it’s 70/30 anxiety. All bonobos is final sale- even though I am certain of the fit and sizes it’s just a for sure $400 that I dropped.

And while I can return the boots if needed, another $400 drop.

But, I’m sure when it all works I’ll be pumped and super happy

Wednesday arrival of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
          [MENTION=13237]Geo[/MENTION] I guess I missed your post. These are the style that I got. They do have removable insoles but I'm worried that putting something with more support in will make the shoe even tighter around the toe box. They fit pretty TTS compared to other sneakers of mine but since you have wide feet I'd go a half size up.
          No worries. I ended up going with the Seavees Legend but they were way to narrow even at a half size up. I returned them in exchange for a pair of Vans Authentics with the Ultracush removable soles. The Seavees seemed like the much better sneaker but at least I know that the Vans will fit.

Comment

Wednesday arrival of everything.

The Alden’s are... something.

Gorgeous. Leather is smooth as anything. Sole is excellent, and can’t really find the imperfection.

Fit is fine for me. I have only ever owned Indy’s. So this was a move from 10.5 in the Indy to my traditional 11D. Slightly roomy in the toe box but not big.

Only problem is- DANG these are noisy. Like- tongue to upper rub noisy. Wow.

I’m assuming boot cream and wear over time and it will subside.

Comment

Oh boy AE got me good. Early Christmas present shopping.

2 pair of Sullivan street (1 for me and 1 for brother)

McCaliister in walnut for brother

2 pair black strandmok (1 for me 1 for brother)

1 pair of white Saucony on sale for 25.

Thanks r/gyw and r/fmf 😄😄

Comment

Originally posted by ryan850 View Post
                Oh boy AE got me good. Early Christmas present shopping.

2 pair of Sullivan street (1 for me and 1 for brother)

McCaliister in walnut for brother

2 pair black strandmok (1 for me 1 for brother)

1 pair of white Saucony on sale for 25.

Thanks r/gyw and r/fmf ����
                Nice.

But I'm in the wrong family. My brother bought me some pizza at a gas station once and that's about it.
                WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Sometimes, little things make such a difference. Just got these brown (a nice, rich dark brown) leather boot laces from Guarded Goods.

The leather is blemish free, consistent color, thickness/width, and buttery soft yet feel incredibly tough/strong. Far different from the ones I've gotten from kiwi & other sellers on Amazon which are brittle and dry feeling and comes cracked with all sorts of loose grain and uneven thickness & width. These are much better than laces from Red Wing as well, which I've purchased a few from but returned them all because every time one lace was substantially lighter in color or thinner than the other.

An absolute steal for only $8 (+$5 S&H).

Comment

The Alden’s are... something.

Gorgeous. Leather is smooth as anything. Sole is excellent, and can’t really find the imperfection.

Fit is fine for me. I have only ever owned Indy’s. So this was a move from 10.5 in the Indy to my traditional 11D. Slightly roomy in the toe box but not big.

Only problem is- DANG these are noisy. Like- tongue to upper rub noisy. Wow.

I’m assuming boot cream and wear over time and it will subside.

Not that anyone really cares, but if it helps one other person, great.

So it was a pretty easy fix on the noise. Once I finally got a chance to sit down with them this morning, I took the laces off. And boom. Silent.

The waxed laces were rubbing against the leather. Just need a different pair of laces and we are good to go (non waxed obviously).

DUH. just needed literally 2 minutes of my attention and it’s done.

Comment

Not that anyone really cares, but if it helps one other person, great.

So it was a pretty easy fix on the noise. Once I finally got a chance to sit down with them this morning, I took the laces off. And boom. Silent.

The waxed laces were rubbing against the leather. Just need a different pair of laces and we are good to go (non waxed obviously).

DUH. just needed literally 2 minutes of my attention and it’s done.

Those are beautiful! How wide are the old waxed laces? The flat ones from guarded goods are narrower (at 5mm, but they look more like 4mm... That 1mm does make a difference when laced up) than most I've been able to find at boot length.

Also, the laces might stop squeaking after break in, no?

Comment

Picked up on sale from Huckberry:

Astorflex Bitflex for $89.99

Danner Vertigo 917 in Grey for $144.98

Happy with both

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                          Those are beautiful! How wide are the old waxed laces? The flat ones from guarded goods are narrower (at 5mm, but they look more like 4mm... That 1mm does make a difference when laced up) than most I've been able to find at boot length.

Also, the laces might stop squeaking after break in, no?
                          Yeah have thought that they might. No idea really.

Comment

Brown pebble grain AE MacNeil 2.0 bought from an AE Outlet over the Labor Day weekend...these are 'first quality' (I was told if the shoe bags were included then they were firsts) and the sale price was $140. This is my first pair of new Allen Edmonds shoes (I've got 4 other pairs from Ebay/Craigslist).

Comment

I'm a sucker.

Hi!
                              Your payment has been processed for your order of Horween Illini Latigo Belt - Hunter Green from Gustin. We applied any available store credit and only charged the balance to your credit card.
                              The order total was $64.00.
                              Amount charged to your credit card: $64.00.
                              https://www.weargustin.com/store/acc...mpaign_id=7615

Comment

Originally posted by carlitos View Post
                                Did you see their new rainbow core selvedge?? That belt will be perfect for it once broken in!

Comment

Working...
                                X