Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Picked up some SeaVees this week. They came in just in time for the hot weekend.

    Comment


    • My recent purchase are these lovely shoes https://www.ryderwear.com/kai-greene-signature-d-mak. Definitely ready to spend some quality gym time now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Scarlet G View Post
        My recent purchase are these lovely shoes https://www.ryderwear.com/kai-greene-signature-d-mak. Definitely ready to spend some quality gym time now.
        Nice!!

        I'm a cheapskate so I just wear my Chuck Taylors. Those are seksi tho.
        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

        Comment


        • They are, Chucks are great, one of my favourites.

          Comment


          • I have my first felony trial (i.e. first trial in big kid court) coming in a couple weeks and decided I should probably own some decent black dress shoes... picked up a pair of AE wingtips from Zappos on sale for $190. Hopefully they work out.
            Ben

            Comment


            • Couldn't pass this up at 50% off from Land's End. I have a few down jackets for backpacking, but not one that isn't so technical like this one. Also, it uses Allied Feather's 800FP water resistant duck down at 90+/10, and I've had great results making my backpacking quilts using their 850FP WR goose down, so I know quality of the down will be excellent (used to be able to buy directly from Allied Feather @ $120 per pound, but the prices for down have gone up in the past couple of years, so you see a lot of companies skimping on the quality of down in their jackets, either lowering their fill power or using a higher percentage of feathers).



              Plus, pulls double duty as a travel neck pillow, which I didn't have.



              Also the tags have a link to a full report of where the down was sourced as well as lab test results on composition and fill power. Excellent info that all companies making down clothing should include (and as a lightweight backpacker who has a spreadsheet of the weights for all my backpacking gear/clothes to the 1/10 of a gram, much appreciated).

              Comment


              • Nandyn - Interesting jacket. You have me considering it now as it could be quite handy for travel I could use it as a neck pillow and then use it as a jacket once I get off the plane. Is this the black or navy one? I want the navy but it's on sale for $80 so the 50% off a full priced item sale they ran yesterday wouldn't have applied to it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                  Nandyn - Interesting jacket. You have me considering it now as it could be quite handy for travel I could use it as a neck pillow and then use it as a jacket once I get off the plane. Is this the black or navy one? I want the navy but it's on sale for $80 so the 50% off a full priced item sale they ran yesterday wouldn't have applied to it.
                  It's pretty nice! I got the black one, and it is black although I see now that my picture gives it a navy tint. Got a decent amount of fill/fluff but the channels aren't exactly stuffed like my outdoor down jackets, which is fine for casual use. Also the nylon shell fabric, although it has some shine to it, isn't plastic bag shiny like polyester would be, so that's a plus.

                  Being that it's 800FP down, it'll survive being repeatedly compressed much better than lower FP down, provided you don't keep it stored as a pillow long term.

                  FYI, most people might say it runs short, because it fits me very well even though I'm only 5'6" as far as chest goes, I'd say their 34"-36" for a S is closer to a 38 with the garment being ~40", I wear a 38S in BR & JCrew blazers (39.5" actual chest measurement).

                  There was an extra 25% off sale coupon floating around the other day, I think it was SKY pin 2105 but just checked and it's expired
                  Last edited by Nandyn; August 16th, 2018, 12:05 PM.

                  Comment


                  • nothing fancy but got some of Old Navy's slim fit khaki's...couple pair in different shades...they are comfy and have the built in flex to the material. Nice enough for business casual or throwing on a t-shirt and and some sneakers with them for relaxing on the weekend or after work.

                    The price was right...buy one, get one 50% off.

                    Comment


                    • [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION] I'm liking the look of those shoes! How do they feel on the feet? Comfy?

                      Comment


                      • [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] Pretty comfortable so far. They have gotten plenty of wear in the past few weeks when I am not dressed for work. I really only have two small gripes with them. One is that I could use just a touch more arch support, it's not really that bad but I would probably have some discomfort if I were to walk around Boston all day. The second is that after wearing them for a bit I kind of wish I had gone a half size up for some added room in the toe box, with the style of shoe I've realized I prefer a looser fit than I had originally assumed. In the end considering the money spent ($45-ish) I'm satisfied.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                          [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] Pretty comfortable so far. They have gotten plenty of wear in the past few weeks when I am not dressed for work. I really only have two small gripes with them. One is that I could use just a touch more arch support, it's not really that bad but I would probably have some discomfort if I were to walk around Boston all day. The second is that after wearing them for a bit I kind of wish I had gone a half size up for some added room in the toe box, with the style of shoe I've realized I prefer a looser fit than I had originally assumed. In the end considering the money spent ($45-ish) I'm satisfied.
                          What style of Seeveas are those? I'm also looking to pick up a pair. Don't Seavees have removable insoles so you can add something with more arch support. Also, how do they compare in size to other shoes or sneakers you've worn? I've been debating if I should go with my normal size or a half size up since I have wide feet.

                          Comment


                          • Anxiously awaiting...

                            Bonobos banff black jacket
                            Bonobos cotton cashmere 1/4 zip sweater
                            Bonobos washed chinos in congo
                            Bonobos unbuttondown stretch

                            Alden factory 2nds boots 44921H
                            Alden accessories


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jmeyers View Post
                              Anxiously awaiting...

                              Bonobos banff black jacket
                              Bonobos cotton cashmere 1/4 zip sweater
                              Bonobos washed chinos in congo
                              Bonobos unbuttondown stretch

                              Alden factory 2nds boots 44921H
                              Alden accessories


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Is it actually filling you with anxiety or are you excited? ;P

                              Those are some great picks for fall/winter, especially those boots!!

                              Comment


                              • [MENTION=13237]Geo[/MENTION] I guess I missed your post. These are the style that I got. They do have removable insoles but I'm worried that putting something with more support in will make the shoe even tighter around the toe box. They fit pretty TTS compared to other sneakers of mine but since you have wide feet I'd go a half size up.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X