Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
    [MENTION=13239]kongmw[/MENTION] I've been very tempted by this pair of loafers lately as well. I'm not very experienced with their lasts though. How would you say these fit, pretty TTS or a bit on the narrow or wide side?
    This is my first pair of Meermin as well but I think overall they (RON last) fit well. TTS with average width but perhaps a touch narrow. Hope this helps.

    Comment


    • [MENTION=13239]kongmw[/MENTION] that actually helps a lot. Thank you.

      That's awesome [MENTION=16026]Nandyn[/MENTION]. On the subject of power racks does anybody have any suggestions on where to find a good deal on one? I've had 7-8 months to settle in to my new place and my next project is to put together some semblance of a home gym in my basement. Starting with a power rack as I've already got plenty of free weights.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
        [MENTION=13239]kongmw[/MENTION] that actually helps a lot. Thank you.

        That's awesome [MENTION=16026]Nandyn[/MENTION]. On the subject of power racks does anybody have any suggestions on where to find a good deal on one? I've had 7-8 months to settle in to my new place and my next project is to put together some semblance of a home gym in my basement. Starting with a power rack as I've already got plenty of free weights.
        I got mine for $300 (free shipping, only took a few days from Cali to Seattle area) on ebay. Mine is by Merax, but it's also sold as Valor Fitness BD-7 (you can find amazon reviews for both by looking up the BD-7), but the Valor one has more reviews. The only difference with mine is the Pull Up bar isn't solid steel, but a hollow tube, although the metal is very thick and sturdy. The cable pulls work quite well, especially if you grease the pole.

        There's also the Fitness Reality 810XT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4I8FOY...v_ov_lig_dp_it for $249 if you don't need/want the cable pull and want the peace of mind of Amazon delivery/customer service.

        Also, if you need some dumbells, I can't say enough good things about Power Blocks. Takes up no space at all. Been using them a couple years and they're no worse for the wear. I've got the sport version, upgraded to 90 lbs a side, but it can go up to 125. The newer Urethane coated ones are even better with even better warranty.
        Last edited by Nandyn; June 12, 2018, 02:29 PM.

        Comment


        • [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] - I am just seeing your St. Crispin's from May. Those are great! I love the grain of Russian calf. I almost picked up my grail EG's from that random Shopify account that was selling off Brooks Brothers old stock of EG's as they are going to stop carrying them. NIB Dovers in Dark Oak and Galway's in grain for $700s. I almost bought them then told my wife but held off. I tend to love shoes more when I buy them to celebrate something vs. a random sale even if I would pay less now.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
            [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] - I am just seeing your St. Crispin's from May. Those are great! I love the grain of Russian calf. I almost picked up my grail EG's from that random Shopify account that was selling off Brooks Brothers old stock of EG's as they are going to stop carrying them. NIB Dovers in Dark Oak and Galway's in grain for $700s. I almost bought them then told my wife but held off. I tend to love shoes more when I buy them to celebrate something vs. a random sale even if I would pay less now.
            Thanks! The Russian calf used by St. C is really interesting, I would love to see the original inspiration one day (true Russian reindeer from that shipwreck) but I don't think I'll ever buy due to the cost. I have found myself gravitating towards textured leathers recently (St. C Russian Calf, Utah leather, Kudu, and textured shell cordovan).

            And yeah I think you have the right approach, buying to celebrate something is more worth it than saving a few hundred bucks imo. You can't go wrong with Dover or Galway, depending on your size and when your next celebration is coming up, I have a pair of doak Dovers I got from that BB sale that I'd be willing to sell at cost.
            Instagram: WoofOrWeft

            Comment


            • Not stylish, but recently picked up the Garmin Fenix 5x during a sale. My wrists are only 165mm, but the watch doesn't feel too big/heavy. I wanted the maps and working ant+ sensors

              Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • [MENTION=11094]77Pat[/MENTION] can you share a bit more about the Garmin? How are the features? What's the battery life like? My wife has an old Garmin that she has been using for years now. But she has started to wonder if the Fenix might have some additional features that her older one doesn't have.

                Have you been wearing the Garmin as a daily watch? Or do you only break it out for workouts?

                Comment


                • Made a couple of recent pickups from S&M and Ebay. Got the green cotton sportcoat from S&M a few weeks ago and more recently picked up a couple of their new linen trousers as well as their new brown slub. Picked up a SuSu Havana jacket on ebay from driftingawaynet during the 20% off sale as well.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    [MENTION=11094]77Pat[/MENTION] can you share a bit more about the Garmin? How are the features? What's the battery life like? My wife has an old Garmin that she has been using for years now. But she has started to wonder if the Fenix might have some additional features that her older one doesn't have.

                    Have you been wearing the Garmin as a daily watch? Or do you only break it out for workouts?
                    I just received it the other day. Haven't had a chance to put it through the paces yet, starting a new training cycle next week. So far it is at 78% battery at 7pm tonight 6/14, yesterday 6/13 at 7am it was 88%. Just using it as regular. Needed to sync to gps manually to get the correct sunset/sunrise. Haven't connected to Wifi yet. I am wearing it 24/7 so far as a daily watch. Fits under a sportcoat fine, but it is a little large under dress shirt sleeves, but during the summer I am able to wear polos more (work in IT https://putthison.com/q-and-answer-d...t-crowd-jakes/).

                    I viewed these sources first:

                    https://youtu.be/5m3W9QXBn7I

                    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/11/...endations.html

                    https://the5krunner.com/2018/06/09/f...nix-5x-review/ Decided the new prices would be a little high...same price, I might wait for the 5 plus (but I prefer the looks of the 5x vs what was shown, since pulled)
                    https://the5krunner.com/2018/06/14/g...mages-i-think/

                    Decided to stay away from the current 5 and 5S https://the5krunner.com/2018/01/24/g...-gps-accuracy/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                      That's downright impressive there.

                      I have the 50mm 1.8 (the latest with the STM focus); that's what took all the photos I posted from my "rave hajj" thread in the OT section. Love that lens. Looking at maybe the 24mm pancake next to get some wider-angle shots of the ferrets and such. I think for next year I may make the investment in the 24-70L and possibly a 70-200L on top. Those should come in VERY handy indeed when we get to yellowstone.....
                      Nice pick up, man. I started in high school on the Rebel XT and have gradually made my way up through the 40D, 60D, and now finally the 6D that I scored once the 6D Mark II came out. I run with a 24-70L and a 70-200L as of a couple years ago; I will say that I do wish the 70-200 had more range, especially now that I've lost the extra zoom from a crop sensor. Either way, you can't go wrong with that kit. Enjoy!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
                        Nice pick up, man. I started in high school on the Rebel XT and have gradually made my way up through the 40D, 60D, and now finally the 6D that I scored once the 6D Mark II came out. I run with a 24-70L and a 70-200L as of a couple years ago; I will say that I do wish the 70-200 had more range, especially now that I've lost the extra zoom from a crop sensor. Either way, you can't go wrong with that kit. Enjoy!
                        Those are likely my next two purchases, in that order--24-70 and then 70-200 (the f/4 IS version). MAYYYYYYBE a battery grip but probably just snag one of the off-brand ones on Amazon.

                        Of course the 17-55 f/2.8 sure is tempting as well.....and a lot cheaper than the 24-70. Not L glass, but honestly with current sensors, I don't know that it's absolutely necessary.
                        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

                        Comment


                        • I should have iterated that those are my next two CAMERA related purchases, as I just bought a tomahawk last night for next year's Rave Hajj (going to do 2-3 nights in Yellowstone).

                          https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

                          Comment


                          • J Crew "unsuit". Definitely very comfortable, and about as thin as you can get. It wrinkles of course (linen), but it's not too bad. This image was taken after a full day at the office.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by windmill View Post
                              J Crew "unsuit". Definitely very comfortable, and about as thin as you can get. It wrinkles of course (linen), but it's not too bad. This image was taken after a full day at the office.
                              Yes--I have the jacket--I wore it out to a casual thing near the beach last night. I really like it a lot for summer. Enjoy!
                              WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

                              Comment


                              • Just picked up the new BR flyweight jeans. Pretty impressed so far. They're as comfortable as the rapid movement, but surprisingly light/thin for jeans. They also seem to be available in more colors than BR's normal jeans - I'm definitely going to snag another pair or two as soon as they go on sale.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X