Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took advantage of the recent dollar rally to get one of my grail shoes: St. C split toe derby in Russian calf.
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post

Took advantage of the recent dollar rally to get one of my grail shoes: St. C split toe derby in Russian calf.

WOW! Those are great!
      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

With the 20% off coupon ebay ran, and a sale of my own to offset, i got this bad boy with ~360 actuations (so effectively new) for about 130 out of pocket.

Really wanted an 80d, but the difference between them isn't THAT major, at least for my intended use. This uses the same processor and sensor so I highly doubt I'll see a quality difference.

IMG_4173 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
          With the 20% off coupon ebay ran, and a sale of my own to offset, i got this bad boy with ~360 actuations (so effectively new) for about 130 out of pocket.

Really wanted an 80d, but the difference between them isn't THAT major, at least for my intended use. This uses the same processor and sensor so I highly doubt I'll see a quality difference.

IMG_4173 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
          I've always been really impressed with what the Rebel line can do, particularly with prime lens or L glass (L has never been in my budget).

All of these are examples from the original Rebel (so 6.3 megapixel sensor) and an $85 50 1.8 or the slightly more expensive 85 1.8 shot wide open, with no flash, in nightclub light.

Bob Mould

Jesse Sykes

Kings of Leon
          Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
          Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
          --Jason Isbell

Comment

That's downright impressive there.

I have the 50mm 1.8 (the latest with the STM focus); that's what took all the photos I posted from my "rave hajj" thread in the OT section. Love that lens. Looking at maybe the 24mm pancake next to get some wider-angle shots of the ferrets and such. I think for next year I may make the investment in the 24-70L and possibly a 70-200L on top. Those should come in VERY handy indeed when we get to yellowstone.....

Comment

Bob Mould = awesome! I saw him with Sugar many years ago now. It was like a wall of sound hitting me. Wicked show.

Comment

grabbed a pair of meermin's latest unlined penny loafers. came with some barely noticeable marks on the suede and the edge dressing was not applied as evenly as i would've liked. oh well i guess you get what you pay for and i can't be bothered to go through return/exchange. at least the sizing is pretty spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post

grabbed a pair of meermin's latest unlined penny loafers. came with some barely noticeable marks on the suede and the edge dressing was not applied as evenly as i would've liked. oh well i guess you get what you pay for and i can't be bothered to go through return/exchange. at least the sizing is pretty spot on.
                  Any other thoughts on these? I am suuuuper tempted!

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                    Any other thoughts on these? I am suuuuper tempted!
                    I'm no expert on leather quality but these feel pretty soft and supple. Been wearing them around the apartment for the past hour to break them in a bit. No hot spots or excessive rubbing so far. So I say go for it! lol

Edit: also I have high instep so it's a bit tight across the top but I kind of expect that on most slip-on/loafers anyway.
                    Last edited by kongmw; June 11, 2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=13239]kongmw[/MENTION] I've been very tempted by this pair of loafers lately as well. I'm not very experienced with their lasts though. How would you say these fit, pretty TTS or a bit on the narrow or wide side?

Comment

Replaced my cheapo Gold's Gym XRS 20 bench/"squat" stand (only 300# limit which I highly doubt the "spotter arms" ...more like stubs...could support) with a less cheap power rack (800# limit) with high/low cable pulls. His/Hers workout areas with 144' sq of covered area.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                          Replaced my cheapo Gold's Gym XRS 20 bench/"squat" stand (only 300# limit which I highly doubt the "spotter arms" ...more like stubs...could support) with a less cheap power rack (800# limit) with high/low cable pulls. His/Hers workout areas with 144' sq of covered area.

Sexy

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                            Sexy
                            I see you've spotted me in the mirror there.
                            Last edited by Nandyn; June 12, 2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

No I just dig a nice squat rack is all.

Comment

Not clothing or shoes, but since it's grooming related I'll share.

Picked up this Gillette Slim adjustable from Ebay for $25 shipped. It's in fantastic condition! Total steal for the price.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X