This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Finally picked up a Baracuta Harrington. I got real excited about the tangerine color available on J.Crew; however, when I received it, it was more yellow than the orange I had anticipated. So I returned that. None of the other colors available at US retailers really interested me (the bright Cambridge blue is fun but not available in my size). I ended (no pun intended) up deciding on the racing green color available from End. I was glad to have bought from J.Crew first because then I didn't have to guess on my sizing with international returns on the line from End. These do run a size small.

Nice. Love Harrington jackets. Hoping to get one myself some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you like the fit? I've heard some people say they aren't slim enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan850 View Post
        How do you like the fit? I've heard some people say they aren't slim enough.
        There is a little extra blousing around the bottom back around the elastic hem, but nothing crazy. That just seems to be inherent to the design. I would not call it baggy or boxy. Even sized up, I would say it is pretty fitted for the most part.
        Ben

Comment

J. Crew ludlow un suit before any tailoring
          Navy stretch cotton
          44r and 36x32 on 5'11" and 220 lbs
          Unstructured and I think enough material to let out and get rid of the button x'ing

My only hesitation for keeping it is it's first duty would have to be a summer day wedding in LA, groomsmen were told to "just wear a navy suit", so I'm worried about it being too rumpled next to more structured suits.

I'm hoping to also get the spier & Mackay hopsack 2 piece soon to be coming out and compare. Also any recommendations if I should go slim or contemporary on the S&M?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Dun; April 11, 2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=14744]Dun[/MENTION] If you need to have a Ludlow let out, your probably better off with the contemporary fit from S&M. If it's your first order from them, you can always pick up both fits to see which is best since returns on your first purchase are free. I really regret not picking up the matching trousers from last year's run of their navy hopsack sport coats.

Comment

Ordered the light-light grey, front-quarter horsehide tennis trainers from Epaulet

https://epauletnewyork.com/products/...host-horsehide

I am hoping they are good. I had been looking at not-quite-white sneakers for a while and these appear to tick all the boxes.

Comment

Epaulet, light-light grey, ghost horsehide tennis trainers arrived. Very comfortable right out of the box. Not quite white obviously, but a little lighter than "sand" chino color.

Comment

Just bought an all original SKX007 from 1997 (second year of production). Perfect amount of wabi. Should be shipping Monday.
                  Last edited by Rocco; April 27, 2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Picked up some pearly white Stan Smith Adidas on clearance at DSW. Dappered recommendations ftw again - they're super comfortable. Got them for 59.99 with 20% off with a $10 coupon discount.

Comment

Recent Purchases

New leather Vans slip-ons for summer. Black Lux leather with “porcini” tan leather trim. Lucked into a store return in my size on eBay for $25.

Comment

My local denim shop held a giveaway and I won a pair of Unbranded Raws!

Comment

This Spier & Mackay sportcoat just arrived!

Comment

Welp. I’ve finally squatted, deadlifted, cleaned, and snatched out of all my suit trousers and other dress trousers. Sigh. A few weeks ago I bought several pairs of inexpensive Goodfellow chinos that I’ve been wearing with jackets to work. But I can’t exactly wear chinos for trials or in the higher courts where I occasionally practice so I finally sucked it up and ordered new wool trousers and suits. One suit from Suitsupply, two from Spier & Mackay, and six total pairs of odd trousers from S&M and Lands’ End. Fortunately almost all my odd jackets still fit (and actually fit better than they ever did before) and a number of my current suit jackets are passable as odd jackets. I think I’ll be set for a while once the new stuff arrives.

Who knew working out could get so expensive?
                            Ben

Comment

It seems like Samuelsohn is planning a line of Italian made shirts, because the current Hickey Freeman warehouse sale had a table of of samples, all mediums or 15.5, for $19.95 each. They fit me perfectly. On Wednesday I bought four. Today I went back and (so help me) bought nine more. I figure I should be set for a good many years....

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                Welp. I’ve finally squatted, deadlifted, cleaned, and snatched out of all my suit trousers and other dress trousers. Sigh. A few weeks ago I bought several pairs of inexpensive Goodfellow chinos that I’ve been wearing with jackets to work. But I can’t exactly wear chinos for trials or in the higher courts where I occasionally practice so I finally sucked it up and ordered new wool trousers and suits. One suit from Suitsupply, two from Spier & Mackay, and six total pairs of odd trousers from S&M and Lands’ End. Fortunately almost all my odd jackets still fit (and actually fit better than they ever did before) and a number of my current suit jackets are passable as odd jackets. I think I’ll be set for a while once the new stuff arrives.

Who knew working out could get so expensive?
                                I have two sets of suits and odd pants -- (1) when I'm skinnier (toned up but not lifting heavy) and (2) when I'm thicker (either lifting heavy/getting sized or slacking enough that I grow around waist). It's not ideal but I won't be tossing either set out anytime soon...

Comment

Working...
                                X