This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION]

Nice, I think walnut strands are the quintessential AE shoe and really showcase AE at its best. It's one of my go to shoes anytime lighter pants or suits come out.
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
      Just ordered a few of those long sleeve polos from Bonobos off the main page. [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] you got me interested in the long sleeve polo over a button down look from another thread Anyone have any idea on the fit? I got a slim. Hopefully they fit.
      I'm confused by this. Maybe I need to find the thread/photo of [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]. But wouldn't a long sleeve polo over a button down mean doubling up on the collar? And if so, doesn't that mean a lot of bulk around the neck?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
        I'm confused by this. Maybe I need to find the thread/photo of [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]. But wouldn't a long sleeve polo over a button down mean doubling up on the collar? And if so, doesn't that mean a lot of bulk around the neck?
        What are you saying, you’re not a fan of the popped collar on popped collar on popped collar look?

Comment

I've done the double collar (mostly with an OCBD underneath) with my Criquet long sleeve polos. They're a bit heavier fabric than a normal polo, so more of a sweater/sweatshirt than a polo. I like the look, although it's def a bit preppy/throwback.

https://criquetshirts.com/products/l...-shirt-peacoat

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...l=1#post289069
            Ben

Comment

^ that first look of the long-sleeve polo over the button down has had me intrigued. I have to give it a try haha

Comment

Thanks for the links and feedback gents.

And in keeping with the intent of the thread..

Allen Edmonds Bellevue shoes, bought from user [MENTION=17095]adam8144[/MENTION] on the threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just picked up some Tom Ford Marko sun glasses for my vacation down south.

Pleased with the build quality and overall look.

Comment

Just bought this jacket at Banana Republic's sale. The jacket has a great feel. The slightly long fit is excellent. I would advise that it is very tailored in shape, and I would not expect to be able to layer it easily. There are baffles across the shoulders for ease of movement. Slight details like a quilting stitch on the zipper backing makes it look very elegant. The zipper hood is pretty disappointing, but I really don't expect to ever use it.

I like Banana Republic for a lot of things. Their Traveler Jeans get a lot of play on the main site, but really I think their outerwear is a gold mine during 50% off sales. With the extra 10% off you can have this jacket for right at 100 dollars and it is well worth it at the price.

Comment

Lace Anchors 2.0

https://laceanchors.com

I bought little plastic doo-dads that allow me to lace without a bow and without having to tie anything on the inside of the shoe. After trying these, I think I should have gotten the 9 pack.

Comment

I was downtown at jury duty yesterday. They gave us a long lunch so I decided to stop in one of the local men’s stores nearby called Penners. It’s an institution in San Antonio, been there since 1916. I had no intention of buying anything but then found these tropical wool trousers. The second picture shows their true color.

Comment

Hey can I ask what make and model those sneakers are? That dark green suede is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by ianr View Post
                            Lace Anchors 2.0

https://laceanchors.com

I bought little plastic doo-dads that allow me to lace without a bow and without having to tie anything on the inside of the shoe. After trying these, I think I should have gotten the 9 pack.
                            Sorry, see my message above. Forget to click reply with quote. Again, awesome shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
                              Hey can I ask what make and model those sneakers are? That dark green suede is something else.
                              Those are Aquatalia Benjamin dark green pony hair.

https://www.6pm.com/product/8762155/color/646175

They are very comfortable although it is questionable if they are worth $178. They certainly aren't worth the $595 msrp. The edge of the tongue is already going bald on mine, although none of that is visible unless I take them off. This is after about 25 wears. The shedding is not as bad as the haircalf converse I had before. I clean them with a soft cat brush and magic eraser for the soles. I store them in the shoe bag that came with them.

Comment

Finally picked up a Baracuta Harrington. I got real excited about the tangerine color available on J.Crew; however, when I received it, it was more yellow than the orange I had anticipated. So I returned that. None of the other colors available at US retailers really interested me (the bright Cambridge blue is fun but not available in my size). I ended (no pun intended) up deciding on the racing green color available from End. I was glad to have bought from J.Crew first because then I didn't have to guess on my sizing with international returns on the line from End. These do run a size small.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X