X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Charles
    replied
    Back in October I pulled the trigger on the most expensive clothing item I've ever bought - a leather jacket. I bought the Taylor Stitch x Golden Bear Moto jacket (point collar) in espresso. I've been waiting for months for it to get thought production. Finally, it shipped last Monday with a delivery date of last Thursday... only to be lost in the flustercluck that is USPS right now. I'm hoping it'll show up soon, but who knows... the wait continues.

Leave a comment:

• mark4
    replied
    Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    Ive been laying low on the purchases lately but the J. Crew sale that had the Abingdon briefcase for like $48 and I had a reward and a coupon so got it under $40. I have been using a Targus canvas messenger so this was a direct upgrade for me. Heavier canvas and real leather so it is a bit of an upgrade for a real good price.
    I couldn't lay off the 70% off sale price on the velvet dinner jacket they had (the burgundy was sold out but dark green is holiday season appropriate too and they had that left in my size) and the Moon Mills herringbone sport coat. I got those two jackets and a pair of socks to hit the 3 item 70% discount for $92 with tax and shipping. INSANE! The velvet jacket...it's not going to see a lot of use but for $39 it doesn't have to. In normal times, should they ever return, I'll wear it to holiday parties and concerts...could go black tie festive with tuxedo trousers and a silk bow tie for the right event. I think the Moon Mills tweed jacket was like $45 so that was the high ticket item.

Leave a comment:

• idvsego
    replied
    Ive been laying low on the purchases lately but the J. Crew sale that had the Abingdon briefcase for like $48 and I had a reward and a coupon so got it under $40. I have been using a Targus canvas messenger so this was a direct upgrade for me. Heavier canvas and real leather so it is a bit of an upgrade for a real good price.

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    Cross-posting from the watch thread, The Armoury x Anordain Model 1. Note to self, never 'import' a watch into the US again.

Leave a comment:

• saira1
    replied
    jason - these are classic looking bags.

Leave a comment:

• Ito
    replied
    Those are both sick looking!

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    The last of my recent shoe purchases came today:
    H.S. Trask "Aaron" sneakers in navy suede, with Guarded Goods flat waxed laces in "sapphire" I swapped in.

Really well made using think, soft C.F. Stead suede and fully leather lined with sidewall stitched sole. Came with your standard 8mm navy laces, but swapped them out for a pair of flat waxed laces. A couple shades lighter than the shoe, but I love the neater look the narrower 6mm laces give and don't mind the slight contrast.

Also, here's the above Frye sneakers with brown waxed laces swapped in.
    Last edited by Nandyn; April 14, 2020, 11:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    FedEx Easter bunny delivered the Sneaker version several days early!! (Please excuse the lizard legs).

Here they are next to the slip on version from above:

Looks kinda like a football with the cream laces. I've got some brown waxed laces from Guarded Goods on the way (my go to for all my laces).
    Last edited by Nandyn; April 12, 2020, 11:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    Just got these new Italian made Frye slip on sneakers.

Really nice, thick full grain leather, leather lining and removable leather lined insole plus dust bag. Sidewall/channel stitched to a Margom sole. Not too shabby for only $44 shipped. Definitely a keeper and I've already got the lace up version on the way.
    Last edited by Nandyn; April 9, 2020, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Token
    replied

Shopthefold had a great sale on vibergs, picked up a pair in tan dublin

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied
    Thanks guys. I was kinda on the fence, but BR is decent quality at this price point (~ $70) I think, and as I said been meaning to branch out beyond brown shoes (although I guess it's a moot point while we're all stuck indoors).

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    A good looking shoe.

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
    Picked these up during the last BR sale - my only pair of black shoes are cap-toe oxfords, which are a little on the conservative side, so I was looking for something more casual for everyday office wear. What do you guys think? Mainly looking to wear these with slacks + sports coat, etc.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    I think those shoes look pretty good. Makes me wish I had picked up a pair - in brown - too.

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied
    Picked these up during the last BR sale - my only pair of black shoes are cap-toe oxfords, which are a little on the conservative side, so I was looking for something more casual for everyday office wear. What do you guys think? Mainly looking to wear these with slacks + sports coat, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Banks
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    As winter drags on I've been fantasizing about a nice pair of loafers (or maybe, just an opportunity to wear a nice pair of loafers) and kind of accidentally ordered a few pairs of Peal & Co/Brooks Bros loafers to try out. Oops.
    I'm curious how these turned out. Did you end up keeping any?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X